Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims medieval won't recognise videocard

rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
edited January 26 in The Sims Medieval
I jsut installed the sims medieval again after not playing for many years but the game doesn't recognise my videocard. This happened when i installed the sims 3 aswell so i i downloaded the updated graphics cards and graphics cards rules files so they would work. the problem is when i place these files in the sims medieval the game won't launch this is probably because besides the those files it also has a GraphicsDB file. I have no idea what this does and if this needs to be updated aswell. Does anyone know how to make the game recognise my videocard?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• khoatc_410khoatc_410 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, i just bought TSM today and run into the same issue as well. Just checking if you have found any solution for it yet ?
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    khoatc_410 wrote: »
    Hi, i just bought TSM today and run into the same issue as well. Just checking if you have found any solution for it yet ?
    heyy i didn’t find any sollution but i just went on and played and it works perfectly fine without recognising the card

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The Graphic Rule Maker can fix this issue for people. You can click on the find game and make it find the The Sims Medieval, too, in case someone didn't know this.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ReneHollyDesignsReneHollyDesigns Posts: 27 Member
    I'm running it in windows 11, To enable cheats you need to do it a different way in the directory you have game: C: Program Files (x86)\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini\open the file in notepad and turn TestingCheatsEnabled=0 to TestingCheatsEnabled=1Save the file and close it.
    For your graphics card to be recognized I would suggest viewing A CottonSock Sims 3 fixes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-uBFKOen-4
    These fixes work for Sims Medieval as I have used them. Works excellent for Sims 3 using all packs, doesn't even run hot.
  • bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    That is also the issue I have but then it was solved or fixed. If you still have your disc and have the game key codes in your disc you can keep and take note of that... Download The Sims Medieval in your EA Account (Origin will be gone by the end of this year) on your EA Play platform or Origin and input the game key code from your disk.. You will have to play The Sims Medieval in your EA Play or Origin account.
  • brandinsimmsbrandinsimms Posts: 1 New Member
    Brandi nichelle Simms I love your game Sims Freeplay sims4 mobile who makes myself sims4 Brandi nichelle Simms .
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top