Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No CC Artwork

I have made recolors that are CC but..... I am dying to know how to make artwork that does not count as Custom Content. Can anybody help with that?

If not can you suggest some simmers who post their artwork to the gallery? I have officially grown tired of my limited art options. :)

Comments

• KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited November 2020
    I have made recolors that are CC but..... I am dying to know how to make artwork that does not count as Custom Content. Can anybody help with that?

If not can you suggest some simmers who post their artwork to the gallery? I have officially grown tired of my limited art options. :)

To make "nocc artwork" they have a Sim do the art on an easel. This YouTube explains how it's done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTT11yJIjDI

As far as Simmers on the gallery, I like Takissis (my absolute favorite), FruitLoops40, Juwels64, rinkydinxx and CocoSims2205.
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I'm trying this way right now but its still showing up as CC, am I missing something?
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    EA patched the artwork a while ago, it's not longer possible to upload them without counting as CC.
  • SavannahRaine1SavannahRaine1 Posts: 1 New Member
    Actually I'm still able to upload artwork without it showing as CC which I upload / share as a "room" but it's actually just a wall.

The weird thing is that I can take a ROOM with my CC art and try to upload it and it will show as CC, but if I then deleted 3 walls so that it's still up-loadable as a room, even though technically it's just a WALL, it's no longer CC.

I know there has to be a reason - great artists like SimsationalToo and others are still able to upload art they've created and you can use the art in a room you share to the gallery without it showing as CC. She has a tutorial for creating the art and TONS of amazing shares of art she's submitted too.

I just can't figure out what is preventing me from using mine in a build with actual rooms without it being CC.
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I unfortunately cannot make any art without it being considered CC, I've tried all the tricks. I have used other peoples art (a LOT of art from simsationaltoo, they're one of my favorites). There have been a few pieces of art that I have downloaded from the gallery that did not count as CC but as soon as I placed them in a room it marked it as CC. I am not sure how they determine whats CC and whats not.

At this point I've pretty much given up on making my own because I of course want to be able to post it in the gallery. I guess I am just looking to see if any of the NoCC art creators are willing to make some art on request for some build ideas I have