Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Among Us Mafia (7/10)

Comments

• MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    I would like to be Lime. That’s my main.
    xSongx wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    Okay, maybe I might have an idea. So if you say a crewmate can see the imposter killing someone, I'm assuming they can also run away and tell another crewmate about it, right?

So if this is the case, then maybe instead of doing tasks, we could have like a selection of rooms, maybe like 5 rooms. And every so called "task day", the good crewmember (townies) pick a room they want to be in for the task day. And then the imposter chooses what color they want to kill, but can only kill one person per task day. So let's say they wanna choose to kill Red, and let's say I'm Orange and am a good guy. And Red is in room 1, and I was in room 1 on the same task day, then I will get a message from the Host before discuss day start, that the imposter killed Red? So in a sense, I'm like a cop and I go tell the others my finding when discuss day starts.

But maybe this might be super hard for imposters cuz there is like a different cop each day if they are unlucky... Or maybe we can increase the number of rooms so the chances of two good crew are not in the same room. So I maybe 10 rooms? Or maybe we can with how many players there are to begin with and then use that same number.

Yes, a crewmate can witness a death and report it--in Among Us when a crewmate finds a body there's a report button that pops up which starts the discussion and then voting which is when a player is ejected. A player (crewmate or imposter alike) can also run to the emergency button to start a discussion (the only time people can talk, or at least use the in-game chat function) if anyone is acting suspicious (i.e. stalking, venting) or for any reason at all.

I agree with what has already been said. This idea seems like fun (an Among Us themed mafia game has crossed my mind), but to make it work and run smoothly like a mafia game does, I do think it will need a few more tweaks. I'm more then willing to assist as I have both hosted and played (Among Us and mafia, lol) before, and I would be willing to play as well.

Might I claim purple? That's my colour :joy:

thats- thats- thats... my color!

lol

If Bella gets killed we need to eject Song.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Okay, maybe I might have an idea. So if you say a crewmate can see the imposter killing someone, I'm assuming they can also run away and tell another crewmate about it, right?

So if this is the case, then maybe instead of doing tasks, we could have like a selection of rooms, maybe like 5 rooms. And every so called "task day", the good crewmember (townies) pick a room they want to be in for the task day. And then the imposter chooses what color they want to kill, but can only kill one person per task day. So let's say they wanna choose to kill Red, and let's say I'm Orange and am a good guy. And Red is in room 1, and I was in room 1 on the same task day, then I will get a message from the Host before discuss day start, that the imposter killed Red? So in a sense, I'm like a cop and I go tell the others my finding when discuss day starts.

But maybe this might be super hard for imposters cuz there is like a different cop each day if they are unlucky... Or maybe we can increase the number of rooms so the chances of two good crew are not in the same room. So I maybe 10 rooms? Or maybe we can with how many players there are to begin with and then use that same number.

But how would that help town? Like, if you were told that Red died before discuss day starts, and then town is told Red died after discuss day starts, how does that help?

But you will know which color killed Red. So the host has to PM something like, "You saw Yellow kill Red" or maybe to make it a bit difficult maybe the host can just tell you which colors were in the room as you. Maybe? If we're going by the "difficult" version, then we have to decrease the number of rooms so more people will be in it per night and there will be a balance.

ohhh i get it. That would be a good thing to add, I think.

Yeah, so in a way, it's not like a cop. My bad. But more like a "tracker". 😂 Something like that. A tracker by accident. Haha.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    I'll pick black!
    832XG3D.gif
    I like how we are all just completely changing this set up without this guy as a part of the conversation😂
  • xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member

But how would that help town? Like, if you were told that Red died before discuss day starts, and then town is told Red died after discuss day starts, how does that help?

But you will know which color killed Red. So the host has to PM something like, "You saw Yellow kill Red" or maybe to make it a bit difficult maybe the host can just tell you which colors were in the room as you. Maybe? If we're going by the "difficult" version, then we have to decrease the number of rooms so more people will be in it per night and there will be a balance.

Technically, there's two ways of doing it.

If we go by fewer rooms = more people, let's say Red dies and I am Orange and I get a message that Yellow, Blue and Red were in the same room as me, then I have to kinda figure out whether it's Yellow or Blue who's the imposter. And discuss this with the rest.

If we go by alot of rooms, then the chances of there having a witness is super low. But the chances of guessing who the imposter is immediately is much easier if you're a witness.

I think for this setup, the tasks and way to win by tasks wouldn't work

So what we're saying right now is that everyone picks a room, then the two imposters kill someone. If, like, Yellow submits the kill, they are automatically placed in the room of the person they killed and their partner (let's say Blue) picks a room. Then everyone is told who was in their room (or just the people who are in the same room as the dead person?) and the dead person is revealed.

Like that?
    they/he
    Mouselline wrote: »

Yes, a crewmate can witness a death and report it--in Among Us when a crewmate finds a body there's a report button that pops up which starts the discussion and then voting which is when a player is ejected. A player (crewmate or imposter alike) can also run to the emergency button to start a discussion (the only time people can talk, or at least use the in-game chat function) if anyone is acting suspicious (i.e. stalking, venting) or for any reason at all.

I agree with what has already been said. This idea seems like fun (an Among Us themed mafia game has crossed my mind), but to make it work and run smoothly like a mafia game does, I do think it will need a few more tweaks. I'm more then willing to assist as I have both hosted and played (Among Us and mafia, lol) before, and I would be willing to play as well.

lol

I do this all the time in actual among us actually.
    they/he
    I like how we are all just completely changing this set up without this guy as a part of the conversation😂

yeah...
    they/he

lol

but now obviously I wouldn't.
    they/he

If we go by fewer rooms = more people, let's say Red dies and I am Orange and I get a message that Yellow, Blue and Red were in the same room as me, then I have to kinda figure out whether it's Yellow or Blue who's the imposter. And discuss this with the rest.

If we go by alot of rooms, then the chances of there having a witness is super low. But the chances of guessing who the imposter is immediately is much easier if you're a witness.

So what we're saying right now is that everyone picks a room, then the two imposters kill someone. If, like, Yellow submits the kill, they are automatically placed in the room of the person they killed and their partner (let's say Blue) picks a room. Then everyone is told who was in their room (or just the people who are in the same room as the dead person?) and the dead person is revealed.

Like that?

Yes. I think maybe at the end of very task day, every person will get a PM from the host of who they shared a room with.
    832XG3D.gif

Like that?

Maybe the imposters should know who is in the room with their target before killing them?
    they/he

LOL LOL.
    832XG3D.gif
    edited October 2020

lol

😂 I feel like I’m one of the few people who play the game who actually try to find the imposter. Everyone’s like:
    Me: I have medbay
    Orange: we didn’t accuse you of anything. That’s sus
    Red: vote lime
    Lime was not the imposter

Like that?

Maybe the imposters should know who is in the room with their target before killing them?

What's the advantage for that tho?
    832XG3D.gif
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Mafia forum games are like a longer version of Town of Salem. I'm guessing Among Us uses the same principle but you just have to be clear and translate some of the game play stuff like the task part.

I think you just have to be clearer on what the task day is and what the discuss day is and when someone is announced dead etc, what the task are (do the tasks give any benefit to the good guys, etc), cuz not everyone here has played Among Us. Not even me.

I think task days are the same as mafia nights; where mafia kills and town does their actions, and discuss days are same as normal mafia days.

Basically if town completes a certain amount of "tasks" (idk how those would work in this game), then town wins. So they do benefit town.

But I don't know how realistic 25 tasks are. Say on night one, there are 8 town left alive as town eliminated an imposter. That's 8 tasks done. Then town loses 2 more (imposter kill and elimination) so 6 more. that's 14. then 4 - yeah 25 is impossible. Unless you can do multiple tasks per night?

^^ idk how clear that is lol

@xSongx This pretty much clears it up. Also, I did the calculations, and 25 tasks should be possible because ghosts can also do tasks. The tasks can be completed in just over 3 rounds, so if you don't go crazy eliminating innocent people, you could possibly win this way.

Like that?

What's the advantage for that tho?

I agree. That would make it to easy on the imposter I feel like.
    i guess I'll be... orange? :cry:
    they/he
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Mafia forum games are like a longer version of Town of Salem. I'm guessing Among Us uses the same principle but you just have to be clear and translate some of the game play stuff like the task part.

I think you just have to be clearer on what the task day is and what the discuss day is and when someone is announced dead etc, what the task are (do the tasks give any benefit to the good guys, etc), cuz not everyone here has played Among Us. Not even me.

I think task days are the same as mafia nights; where mafia kills and town does their actions, and discuss days are same as normal mafia days.

Basically if town completes a certain amount of "tasks" (idk how those would work in this game), then town wins. So they do benefit town.

But I don't know how realistic 25 tasks are. Say on night one, there are 8 town left alive as town eliminated an imposter. That's 8 tasks done. Then town loses 2 more (imposter kill and elimination) so 6 more. that's 14. then 4 - yeah 25 is impossible. Unless you can do multiple tasks per night?

^^ idk how clear that is lol

@xSongx This pretty much clears it up. Also, I did the calculations, and 25 tasks should be possible because ghosts can also do tasks. The tasks can be completed in just over 3 rounds, so if you don't go crazy eliminating innocent people, you could possibly win this way.

oh right
    they/he
    Are we going to do anything with crisises? Like instead of killing someone an imposter can set off lights or reactor and hope that their partner kills them. That might be hard to do

This sounds like a good idea. We could probably use the rooms from the game. And it won't be too hard for the impostor because they can lie and frame the witness.

Orange is cool. That’s my secondary. I’ve been using that lately though cause it matches my Halloween hat.
    Are we going to do anything with crisises? Like instead of killing someone an imposter can set off lights or reactor and hope that their partner kills them. That might be hard to do

I think we should keep it as simple as possible and that's pretty hard.
    they/he

Orange is cool. That’s my secondary. I’ve been using that lately though cause it matches my Halloween hat.

I sometimes use pink because it matches the mohawk the best, and for some reason I like the mohawk lol. I don't like any of the hats except for that one and the sprout. And my friend is always the sprout so I don't pick that one lol.
    they/he
    Simtown15 wrote: »

This sounds like a good idea. We could probably use the rooms from the game. And it won't be too hard for the impostor because they can lie and frame the witness.

I suggest not using all the rooms. Maybe just Cafeteria, Admin, Electrical, Weapons, Medbay, and Reactor or something like that. There’s 13 toro al rooms on the actual Skeld map and that’s to many probably, though Security doesn’t have any tasks

I think the host would say who the imposter is also.

There are a bit of rooms in Among Us. If we were doing that I’d assume we’d base it off of the Skeld. There’s Admin, Storage, Electrical, Shields, Lower Engine, Upper Engine, Navigation, O2, communication, weapons, medbay, security, cafeteria, and one more I forgot the name of. That’s a lot though do we’d have to take off some.

This sounds good. Maybe we could group it into sections of the map, so if someone in a room nearby kills someone, you'll know by walking through the room on your way to/from your task.