Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do I dooooo???

I told myself like two weeks ago that I was done buying packs until Sims 5 was released....but I mean...c'mon... everyone wants more packs. Do I drop $50 on a bundle of packs right now or do I wait it out for the possibility of better packs or Sims 5 news?

Packs I would consider buying:
EP: Get Together or City Living...maybe university but I played it with Sims 2 and 3 so probably not
GP: Outdoor Retreat or Dine Out or Spa Day
SP: Bowling, Backyard Stuff, Cool Kitchen, or Perfect Patio.

Do I waste the money on this or save my money and hold out hope that The Sims 5 will be announced in a few months or wait for possibly better packs?

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    I doubt Sims 5 will be announced in a few months sadly, the devs have made it sound like this game will go on a while longer :/ Even if it was announced it'd take a year before its out (Sims 4 was announced August 2013, came out September 2014) so might aswell just buy packs now. There's another expansion being announced in a few weeks though so you could wait for that if you wanted but I'm not sure it'll be worth waiting for.

Out of these if you do get a bundle I'd recommend City Living, Dine Out and Backyard Stuff. :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    I wouldn't wait for Sims5, personally. If you wish for your Sims to be able to sing, City Living is what you want. They give us the actual singing skill in that EP, plus the ability to paint a mural. I really enjoy Dine Out and Backyard Stuff comes with what used to be called Slip 'n' slides. Loads of fun.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Alright, I think I will probably get some new packs...now to decide which ones...hmmm
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    If you consider buying packs now a “waste” of money, then no, you should not buy them.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited September 2020
    I would get Get together for the world and Dine out for everything it comes with.
    The stuff packs you mentioned are a waste of money to me.
    If these are the only packs you don't own then I would choose the mentioned. But if you don't have Seasons yet I would definitely recommend that over everything else.
    Just wait for a sale. It's probably coming very soon.

The Sims 5 has not been announced yet so even if it does get announced in 2021. It will be another year till it gets released.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    i recommend you to save your money
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited September 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    I doubt Sims 5 will be announced in a few months sadly, the devs have made it sound like this game will go on a while longer :/

Which kinda makes their assertion that TS4 was meant to be friendly to lower-end computes all the more baffling. This is a very bloated and buggy game that gets even more bloated and buggy with each new pack.

As for the OP's question:

EP: Get Together. The basketball hoop and the gaming console are the only things that make City Living Worth buying. As a whole, that pack is awful.

GP: None of those options are....great. But I get the most use out of Spa day's features. Especially the yoga mats and the saunas.

SP: This is a tough one because I think all of those options are really good. And they all offer things that I couldn't play without, now that I have them. But if I reeeeeeeeeally had to choose one, it'd be perfect patio.

I guess that would put you $20, over your $50 budget...Then screw the Game Packs. But I'd recommend getting them when you can.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I vote for City Living, Outdoor Retreat, and Bowling Stuff. Even if Sims 5 does come out in the near future, there's no guarantee you'd like whatever changes they will have made.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Ghostkev79Ghostkev79 Posts: 20 Member
    it would be a miracle if there even is a sims 5 with how rocky the launch of 4 was.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member

Packs I would consider buying:
    EP: Get Together or City Living...maybe university but I played it with Sims 2 and 3 so probably not
    GP: Outdoor Retreat or Dine Out or Spa Day
    SP: Bowling, Backyard Stuff, Cool Kitchen, or Perfect Patio.

I won't tell you what decision to make, but I will say what I think of the packs I have that you're thinking of getting!

Get Together: Windenberg is super beautiful, especially if you have seasons. It might not be your style if you aren't into European architecture, but I really enjoy it and I've been replaying Veronaville from Sims 2, which is fun. I also feel like it's more "open" than other worlds even though it isn't really. I really like clubs too and use them all the time: for kids, various friend groups, study groups for teens, moms, rich country clubs, etc. I use the CAS and BB items all the time. There's a good variety of traditional/older and modern BB styles. Last patch update broke all the GT windows and doors but hoping for a fix soon.

City Living: I don't own this one (yet) but played quite a bit on my sister's game. TONS of great CAS and BB items that I always miss in my game after I've played hers. Living in the city feels like a different game to me. The neighbors do get annoying sometimes (just like my real life ones lol. rip my sleep). I really enjoy the festivals too, the seasons update broke that at some point but it may be fixed now. You can fully edit the inside of an apartment but not the windows or exterior.

Outdoor Retreat: love love love OR. I do wish Granite Falls wasn't a vacation world, because I can't actually live there, BUT it does it's job of making you feel like you're somewhere else very well, since I don't think the sims from their ever cross over. Lots of great CAS for active and/or outdoorsy sims especially. Crosses over well to seasons I think as well. Something I've been meaning to try is going on vacation with a club (or people from a club) and then going there with some of the scouts from Parenthood. I especially like all the new plants and how you can make things with the herbalism skill, which is perfect for vampires, gardeners, and vampire gardeners (and witches if I had ROM)

Perfect Patio: The cutest CAS items. Use them a ton, especially with seasons. The BB is really great but is more modern and contemporary so keep in mind if that's not your style. I've found good things both for family get togethers as well as fancy modern homes.

Bowling: my newest pack, I haven't actually been bowling yet! But all the CAS is really cute so far, I love the more retro styles so much.

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I agree with @Chazzy, but I suspect you will be waiting a while for the Sims 5. It is up to you. There should be a new EP around the corner if you are willing to wait and evaluate it.
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    When I buy packs I usually go with the bundle which is $50 right now. I mainly build when I'm on instead of actual gameplay. I was torn between city living for the apartments and cityscape and get together for the tudor style wall styles. The other GP and SP I mentioned were just ones I was considering.
    I do have seasons already and I love it. Along with a few other packs. Just looking to expand but I'm horrible at deciding
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't see S5 coming anytime soon (think in terms of years). Buy whatever interests you (please, I beg you, not JtB). There are some that offer good things. It all depends on what you enjoy doing or how you enjoy playing. I like to build, so I gravitate to packs that offer good build/buy stuff.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I would wait until they announce the next pack. They said they're going to announce it in a few weeks. So of it's not too long of a wait for you maybe then decide.

Otherwise City Living does have the singing skill so your sim can become a street singer. But both the City Living and Get Together are good packs for the game.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I agree with the others about Sims 5 and waiting for the next EP reveal. But, my thoughts on the rest are.

I LOVE City Living. It's in my top 5. I never use the high-end apartments though. Apartments are fun, the quirks for the apts are fun, the different cultures are fun. The CAS is wonderful.

Get Together has Windenberg which I like too. It just doesn't have the same appeal for me that city living does. I do have my moments where I use it a lot, other times not at all.

University, I'm not a fan of a lot of it. I like the soccer ball, the CAS, the bikes, the skills classes.

Spa Day is my fave EP out of the 3 you listed, with Outdoor Retreat being second (Lots to do!), I cringe every time I think of my Sims going out to eat with Dine Out. So much that I am not a fan of.

Backyard wins for SP, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, and then Bowling. Bowling has a lot of cute CAS stuff though. It's really just the bowling part of it that makes it last.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame