Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you guys do your base game builds?

2...Next

Comments

• Queen_ZelyndaQueen_Zelynda Posts: 16 Member
    @DeanXeL Huh. I was pretty sure I used the eyedrop tool and copied the same one...like I said, I think I'm'a give up and just remake this house from scratch. Part of the problem might be that I DID originally make it with some pack content, and the game thinks I'm still using it? I dunno. (No idea if that's even a thing, but as weird as this game is sometimes...it could be. : P)
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @Queen_Zelynda got intrigued by this thread after seeing @DeanXeL spotted one of items and as you say, it’s only 32 tiles so where on earth could the other be hiding! So I just had a quick look - I can come at from the other angle because I’ve got almost all the packs and have had plenty of practise hunting for mystery items I accidentally included when I missed checking the base game only filter :D

The flooring one actually shows up in the gallery ‘items used’ tab - you must have accidentally clicked on the non base game white floor because the upstairs one is indeed the culprit (it isn’t just a swatch, the whole tile is flagged correctly in build mode)

For things that don’t show up in the tab - like @lzbthnndgls said, food, pet poop and toys are common culprits, as are plants. As your build is small it was pretty easy to see it wasn’t any of those, so the next most common one is something that can get hidden during building - in this case, you’d used a seasons fence along the front before adding the stairs...the cheeky fence disappeared from view but is still there if you take the stairs away. (Again, clearly flagged in build mode). If it hadn’t have been that I’d have moved on to hidden bits of foundation like Chips said earlier, they’re also really good at hiding it turns out!

So no need to rebuild, just change/get rid of those 2 and your good to go 😊 I’ve learned using the base game only filter really does work, you just have to remember to keep turning it back on if you eyedrop something

Hope this helps :)
    @AliSim19 It never even occurred to me that a fence could still be there after I took it out! (I mean, you've seen the front of this house. Where exactly would I PUT a fence?! : P)

Now I need to go back to that house, look at it again, and ask myself: "Self? What were you doing?" XD
    Yup, I remember asking myself that question first time I did it 😂😂😂
    @AliSim19 Okay, I went back into that house and...you were right. SOMEhow, I had used a completely different floor ("Sloppy Paint", from Cats and Dogs) without even realizing it, on the second floor. All I saw was "Duh. White planks. White planks good." apparently. : P

However, it would NEVER have occurred to me that a fence could still count as being on the lot _after the stairs took its place_. See, I think what happened overall is, I made the original version of this house a long time ago. When I started, I wasn't even considering making it basegame (it originally had a Tiny Living front door, for example) AND, get this--I hadn't yet figured out how to filter things. Yes, really. It was one of my first Sims 4 builds, what can I say.

(also I originally wrote "Cats and Dogs" as "Pets", now if THAT doesn't betray my oldschoolness... (well I guess I could've gone with "Unleashed". XD))

The ACTUALLY basegame version is up on the gallery now, and it makes me sad, but I had to delete the other one, 'cos I don't want two of my same house in the gallery at the same time--it looks messy/forgetful. I say it makes me sad, because the Seasons-and-Cats-and-Dogs version had 8 downloads and even a comment by somebody saying how cute it was! (I don't get comments very often.)
    Oh well. I took a screenshot of the comment, they still have their house, and this freaking tiny thing is FINALLY BASEGAME. : P
  • DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    @Queen_Zelynda all is well that ends well ;) Everyone is now a bit smarter and (except for me cause ... like... no need and all) a bit more careful when sifting through potential non-basegame stuff xD
    @Queen_Zelynda I only knew to look because I’ve done exactly the same thing - and found it by taking the build apart room by room/saving each one to check - hopefully I’ve saved you some time for the future 😊

And I’m so sorry you lost the downloads and the lovely comments 😕 its good you have the screenshot though 😊 I love being able to see that other people have enjoyed my build so I totally get it. For me, I don’t think you should worry too much about having different versions of the same house up on your gallery - just say this is a base game only version. And it’s such a cute build, hopefully this version will get the downloads and comments too!!!
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    This bug report is in the Laundry List now, so if it fits the issue, it would be good to post information in the thread. Always click Me Too on a bug experienced.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Gallery-showing-wrong-packs-used/m-p/7903831