Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Renovate My House...

Comments

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Link to the gallery: 1900's Farmhouse Reno
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure!
    Link to more photo/slideshow: RMH - Radford
    Total Cost: $74, 961.00
    Details: I have completely renovated the Radford family's new home, giving them the homey feeling that they desired. The interior of the house is completely done in white shiplap, which was common in the 1900's and the style of the home was designed to be a combination of the 1900's and a country style. I have given them a large flex room type entry where they can keep their pet items and also use it as an office. They now have one and a half bathrooms in the home, the half bath is also the laundry room. There is a large country kitchen with repurposed cabinets and appliances. I have maintained the two bedrooms on the main level and added a third bedroom in the basement for guests. The teapot and wash basin are placed in the bathroom, but I doubt that they will stay there. The Radford's love it so much they tend to drag the teapot around the house, so you will often find in in random places. Thanks @nali272 for another fun challenge :)
    Pictures:
    Street View
    ywowaR3.png
    Side View
    JuShRw9.png
    Back View:
    1gxPzUF.png
    Overhead View:
    WW2VmUc.png
    Other photos:
    BgywbJ6.png
    ezd0djr.png
    Q4KCXK6.png
    ZHeoQYU.png
    hzC0N3M.png
    PFPzBCh.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Wow! @Aljay, this is picturesque and so beautiful. Your browns are simple and they work so well.
    Thank you @JojoMOMSTER :)
  • nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member
    @AlJay - your are so welcome, cannot wait to tour it...BTW this is hilarious =
    The teapot and wash basin are placed in the bathroom, but I doubt that they will stay there. The Radford's love it so much they tend to drag the teapot around the house, so you will often find in in random places
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    edited April 2021
    Entry form
    Origin ID: jojoMOMSTER
    Link to the gallery: RMHRadford HiTech&Vintage
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes
    Link to more photos/slideshow: Link
    Pictures: 1 top view (per story)
    vbQm6X6.png
    FHzRCTb.png
    rBowcUC.png
    1 of each side of the house/lot (walls up)
    H3iGRq2.png
    qFCIclK.png
    NrmC0dE.png
    tMliLo2.png

and others of your choice use spoiler.

So here's the thing,
    Interior style:
    Modern farmhouse

When I think of modern farmhouse I think of natural wood, white, sage green, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 willows and wrought iron. To me this is a variant of modern industrial styling.
    MIPRIWt.png
    Interior style:
    Use colors / styles that were popular in 1903.

When I think of 1903 colours I think of mustard yellow & burgandy, kelly green & dusty rose, cobalt blue & dark tan.
    AaeVDLK.png

I decided that our friends were looking for a fully upgraded modern home but they want it to feel vintage. I hope I made it feel a little bit like thrift shop items had been refurbished and pulled together.

GU0kQL3.png
    edGQdF3.png
    d7BA0Z6.png
    Fantastic job @JojoMOMSTER ! I love how you explained your design thought process.
    Thanks @AlJay ! I drove myself crazy thinking about museums from that time and the like.
    Ah yes the pillow ;-) @AIRIS6962 My pillow gave me the idea of a park building as a plate, two halves of a grilled cheese sandwich as a kitchen and dining room and a pot lid as a roof. Only my pillow would think of that.
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    Ah yes the pillow ;-) @AIRIS6962 My pillow gave me the idea of a park building as a plate, two halves of a grilled cheese sandwich as a kitchen and dining room and a pot lid as a roof. Only my pillow would think of that.

I think you posted that in the wrong thread? LOL
    oh dear! so I did lol @AIRIS6962
  • Nyane81Nyane81 Posts: 60 Member
    They are all so beautiful!
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited April 2021
    RENOVATE MY HOUSE RMHRadford
    Origin ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    Link to the gallery: Pet friendly Summer Home
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Of Course
    Link to photos Album
    Amount of funds used: Original lot cost $ 25,728 Budget $ 75,000 Gallery Cost $ 98,005 Amount of funds used $72,276
    Construction Notes : I decided to go with a two tone siding . It is Autumn in my game so Orange and yellow came to mind. The home reflects these colors of Autumn through out. I Made the lot animal friendly added a dog Run & training course outside & inside a cat condo in the living room. Planted fruit bearing trees so that Fizzy drinks can be made from the fruit . Fizzy juice making machine in the cellar. Made a Laundry room there too. Gave the home an indoor bathroom, used the claw foot tub & decorated the bath with the old fashion bathing pitcher and bowl . ( Which they can't keep their hands off of..) I used colors / Furniture styles & wallpaper that was popular in the 1900's. I Made 2 small bedrooms & a bigger master bedroom . Gave the lot the traits of , Homey, Training ground & Great soil. Every issue was resolved on the to do list.

176084944_2991241527762585_7786483821314343496_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=RBPrF_xH2d8AX9g0PRz&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=4c2b6811b8f6de43a3dd6393b5227bc9&oe=60A577A5

176183735_2991243791095692_1583630685671569183_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=wJb9QyvRG6IAX-sbBqC&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=5e9346994b4110a4c470077dd4b3d97d&oe=60A7F405

176524956_2991247974428607_1320677633148867227_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=FO8q9YBtj9EAX_qe-k_&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=866be75997fe72c474d5dc65908ea1d4&oe=60A7EC9F
    176364726_2991248654428539_5075438491142425748_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=lLLeYtY5ieYAX8t8fX-&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=e1d783dff9eb0117ae399b996a134cde&oe=60A6F87D176640362_2991249457761792_4167885827834635493_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=2GaJ6QCDT5MAX_CxEFy&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=f3b9d4ccd2ff71257b144e07be0d262e&oe=60A663CC
    176540603_2991249917761746_755413966663538343_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=VlrP3BeCjAEAX-5Q9Gh&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=2f416926b8e803daf10228357924cb49&oe=60A7E70B
    176707793_2991250517761686_3544515302692365395_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=bnLgbgHkBzIAX_t4xGq&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=b8c670c5ffaf0e139f84ed3f3c1a48c6&oe=60A56B61

Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    Sul Sul! I know this particular challenge I've done is well out of date, but since I've never done any of your challenges before, I thought I'd just work through them at my own pace if that's ok. So I started with RMHPitts. I finished the entire house and totally forgot that you said NO RED! Haha... so I had to go through and recolour it all. Hope you like it.

Entry form: RMHPitts
    Origin ID: Riverleigh
    Link to the gallery: https://tinyurl.com/39k6wwh9 (Yes, this link goes to the gallery)
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes.
    Link to more photos/slideshow (optional): https://imgur.com/a/3uIungJ

fcDQskM.png
    IO2GXFv.png
    wFw9j5t.png
    1T0a3bX.png
    p4NJFsj.pngaLFEHd5.pngkaBkxia.png76QOjyz.png
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
    @Neashaleigh that is very pretty and homey.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I meant to renovate the house for the Radfords; it just didn't happen. Sorry, it was a very good renovation idea.
    @Neashaleigh - Hi! thanks for participating, I probably won't do a review of your entries but I will try my best to tour them. Please submit as you can. I am always amazed by others' interpretation of the shell (I might even "borrow" an idea or two...lol). You did an awesome job on the one and I loved the half wall in the living room.
    I invite any of the other builders to submit a review of your entry! (I hope that is okay). Enjoy the other briefs/shells! :D
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @Auroraskies - no worries, submit if and when you want. B)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    0HoXi1I.jpg

@icanhassims - Beautiful landscaping, Nice addition of the pond. Great conversion of the outhouse to a flower workshop. The garden boxes will come in use to grow and keep the food bill down. Love the dedicated hallway for the bedrooms and main bathroom in this home! The flipping of the floorplan is marvelous. I like the dedicated study area and how you're using the living room TV wall as a way to get down to the basement. I think it's so cute how you created two sitting areas in the living room, one for watching TV and the other for conversation. Both bedrooms are spacious and cozy at the same time. They would be happy in either room as well as their guest. The elevated clawfoot tub in the bathroom, gorgeous. The baby blue color scheme of the bathroom and the kitchen give both rooms a very homey. Feel. Great job on the restoration of all requested items. Excellent job cleaning up that grody basement and turning it into a single bedroom for guests. The Momsen's will be incredibly happy living here. Thank you for participating!

@JojoMOMSTER - Wonderful landscaping across the lot. I like how you've put the turbines there to help conserve/create some energy. Lovely renovation to the outhouse, the bees are a great addition to help with pollination in the garden and the scarecrow is a cute touch. Great outdoor kitchen with the double grill and patio sets for eating and a conversational space around the fire pit. Not sure if it was a part of your decorations or if Diamond just left a gift on the front porch. (Not a nice gift either.) Nice flip of the floor plan by putting the primary where the kitchen was allowed for the front porch to become a personal patio. Interesting division of one of the bedrooms to create the fantastic bathroom while using the remaining space as an office. Diamond and Ziggy will not know how to act having their own room if they ever have guests. Beautifully bright dining room, loving the large rug. The new kitchen location is perfect in relation to the outdoor grill and entertaining guests, it is so adorably decorated too. The living room is the full embodiment of what I would think a house in the 1930s would be decorated. There are a lot of items you chose that give a real granny farmhouse feel, it is awesome! The basement is splendid, a great idea to dig out to put in those windows, so it doesn’t seem so dark. The laundry and extra bathroom will be put to use all the time. I am sure that Jo and Joh will spend most of their time in that TV/game room though. The ideal mix of the old and new. Thanks for participating.

@AlJay - This is very picturesque. The landscaping is beautiful around this lot. The tree with the lanterns is awesome, I guess I just haven't seen it before... (I recently bought other packs since they were on sale so that might it…lol). Love, love, love the little doghouse like how you did that. Nice job turning the outhouse into a garden shed. Amazing redo of the floor plan and having that back patio off the mudroom leading to the basement from the sitting foyer. Perfect spot for the ½ bath with laundry too. The kitchen is pretty in pink! While the dining room is a sunny yellow. Both rooms play off each other very well. The living room is a very welcoming space for conversation and watching TV. Nice bedroom/bathroom entry. The small bathroom has a big impact where you put it. The primary bathroom is wonderfully decorated to have a cozy feel. And the secondary bedroom is ready for guests or kids?! Wait found the room for the guest…lol…hope the Momsen's get the hint! Thanks for participating.

@Pinkusfamily - This… is… awesome, the yellow reminds me of some of the older houses I have seen driving around some areas of my city, change the roof color to red makes it pop. The house almost has a Hansel and Gretel fairy tale feel, especially with that scallop roof facing and white picket fencing. Turning the outhouse into a dog kennel is an idea I would have never thought of it's awesome. Diamond will get a lot of exercise in that area that you created. Loving the landscaping and how you created a walkway from the kennel to the back patio. The trees will give off plenty of fruit for them to eat or sell and the bees will help with pollination, great addition. Marvelous job on the inside. I don't even recognize the floor plan anymore…lol. All the decorative ideas add so many levels to the house I cannot even point them all out. How is it that the house looks like it is the same size but looks so much bigger!!!! The kitchen is getting great based on all the food I am seeing. The Momsen's thank you for the double sink bathroom. Nice kid bedrooms, is that a hint to them?...lol. Like the custom fireplace design. The primary bedroom is full of energy and happiness, love the curtain décor. Now the clothesline makes sense, I was looking for a washbasin, but they only have a washer, a great idea for saving money/energy. Here to hoping that the tress bears fruit to make that money! Thanks for participating.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @nali272 Thank you for your kind and detailed review of the builds. I enjoyed poking around in all of them too. ;-) The house was well played. I didn't realize we had not kept up with dog duty. I will have to be much more careful of that with dogs.
    Thank you so much @nali272 for all your kind words. The lantern tree is a debug item from Journey to Batuu. I just discovered it as I was renovating this house.
    AsPQsz5.jpg

The Burglerman Briefing:

Background - Hunter Burglerman has to be the most unnerving client we've had so far. He bought this property because of the privacy that it has with trees and all. He wants to maintain that above all else. We could not get much out of him to help you understand his wants, except would like to have a secret room to hold his collectibles, but what that is he won't divulge what that is. But hey you have done more with less in the past, right?! We do know that the house he bought has had some unscrupulous things going on inside. What seems to be the bathroom, looks like a makeshift chemistry lab. (I'm just saying!) He does have a theme though…."He doesn't care as long as he has privacy."

Gallery Lot ID: RMHBurglerman BUDGET: $65,000 Lot size: 40x30 Floorplan: 0story 0bd 1ba Lot/World I used: Brook Bungalow, Willow Creek

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FC039F0FA4A411EB847BBF0D07DD8127?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Trinican&max=50&maxis=false
    Household Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/67169065A4A411EB8284BF0D07DD8127?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Trinican&max=50&maxis=false

Exterior style:
    He doesn't care as long as he has privacy.

Interior style:
    He doesn't care as long as he has privacy. ……. Any removed trash, plumbing, walls, and floors do not count toward your budget. Any windows, doors, appliances, and furniture do count towards the budget. If there is already a pool on the property, shrinking or removal count toward your budget.

Landscape Style:
    He doesn't care as long as he has privacy.

Issues to resolve / things to know: (MOO is on)
    • secret room
    • the basic necessities: bedroom, kitchen, bathroom.
    • Space to hang out and watch tv/check the computer for items to add to his collectibles.
    • Run cable for fast internet, make sure that the lot is private and quiet (lot traits)

Gallery TAG: #RMHBurglerman- DUE Friday, 5/7/21
    M7Aqu5v.png
    PqpSF1a.jpg
    dHUDodi.png
    POFUs93.png
    lE0F9s1.png

Slide Show: https://imgur.com/a/P0cFhJI
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @JojoMOMSTER --- lol, you are welcome.
    @AlJay --- you are welcome, and nice find. I will have to keep it in mind.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    edited April 2021
    @nali272 does the secret room have to be on the existing footprint or can it be a tower/shed/basement outside the existing footprint?

@nali272 Meet Clutch and Snag, Clutch, Snag be good boi, shake a paw with nali
    tal5pMO.png
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
  • NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    Ok, so this is my version of the second challenge: RHMMarshall. Doing my best to catch up!

Name: RMHMarshall
    Type: House
    Style: American Craftsman
    Bedrooms: 3
    Bathrooms: 2
    Extra features: Pool, Gardening shed, Outdoor entertainment
    Gallery
    Album

PbpBTV0.png
    1BEraul.png
    TGWwJtV.png
    Z4ERenC.png
    PNeEfMY.png
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
    @JojoMOMSTER - you can put the secret room anywhere you want, just give me hints to finding it.
    Nice to meet you Clutch and Snag...lol
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1