Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Finally Caught One... Living!

Just thought I'd share this. Take from it what you will.

There are several things which I always make certain of before I quit a game session.

1- Sims are fed (unless sleep is more important than food).
2- Sims are clean.
3- The house (or surroundings) are clean. Again, unless sleep is more pressing.
4- Sims are put to bed and sleeping when I exit the game.
5- The game is saved after 4am when all of the game maintenance checks have occurred and before 5am when the world replenishes itself.

This is my quitting game ritual.

Yet, on some days when I re-enter the game, there is most times something present which wasn't there before I left. Sometimes, I find food bowls and plates on the table or counter which weren't there when I saved and quit. Other times, I find new Sims in their relationship panel whom I had never seen, let alone met before. Other times, I find my Sim is suddenly involved in some sort of "issue" involving another Sim in town whose events I wasn't there to witness. Or, my Sim's energy bar is further down than it should be, implying they haven't been sleeping while I have been away. In short, I find signs of 'life'.

This is nothing new. I have been having these experiences with them (my Sims) since 2013. And, since that time I have been waiting and hoping to catch one in the act of 'Living Behind The Scenes'. Well, seven years later, I finally caught one who was not where she should have been and doing what she should not have been doing when I re-entered their save.

These screenshots were taken not even one minuet after the game loaded. Meet Skylar Thompkins. Judging by the amount of grime on the sink, this must have been one of those times when I decided that sleep for Skylar and her roommate was more important than cleaning. Apparently, as indicated by her progression meter, Skylar was nearly finished cleaning when I caught her. Although she is dressed in her night clothes, I am not so certain she hasn't just put them back on.

When I compare Skylar's personal stats with that of her roommate, you will see that the hunger, social and fun meters are exactly the same as her roommate. However, the bladder, hygiene and energy level are all different. Those meters drop slightly when a Sim is sleeping and more actively when they are awake; so Skylar has been up for a little bit of actual time. Plus, her bed is unmade, which shows she got out of it (remember, I put them to sleep before I leave).

oxnolq3tkbolwf56g.jpg
0xielqgsvmgdbsc6g.jpg

Her hygiene and bladder levels (plus the fact a new male Sim showed up in her relationship panel) suggests she has been moving about a bit in the world for a while before returning home. The final piece of proof (for me) is the fact she has a want to invite someone over locked in one of her wish slots. I didn't okay this wish. Given the fact this is a new game and she is in training to become a teacher, I would have granted the desire to read 'x' amount of books first.

nrahd9aajcbwrms6g.jpg

As I said at the beginning, take from this what you will. What I take away from this is my Sim really wants to get to know that man she met and, that she really hates dirty sinks. ;):D!

Comments

• BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    You have to keep a close eye on those Sims ... They'll teleport when you aren't looking, be back by the time you check on them again, and act like they were painting the same picture the whole time.

You'll be like ... "Dang, it's taking you forever to paint that picture. Hey, where'd that baby in the Family Tree come from?"

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    That is so scary. Better delete the whole game and do a clean re install XD
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    @Mareah - What she did doesn't bother or frighten me :). After she finished cleaning the sink, I directed her back to bed - she went and all has been fine ever since.
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I've never exited my game while my Sims are sleeping and I've never had that problem.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
    @Meela_Pasht - I play with a lot off different Sims, across a lot of different saves. I always put mine to sleep because I never know when I'm going to return to that game. Since they're asleep (or at least supposed to be), it gives me time to kind of re-acquaint myself with what was going on in that save so I'm not starting blindly.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't think this happens in my game. Then again, I have NRAAS SP and Master Controller. And I think my sims know that if they get out of hand in my game...well... No monkeying around out of game-play time...OR ELSE:
    Screenshot-112.jpg

No...not even Haruo is immune... OK...maybe with the exception of River and Bebe...I'd never do anything to those two.
    Screenshot-93.jpg

Nor is Grimmy
    Screenshot-68.jpg

No "living" when the game is off. Just stay put in one spot like good little sims and everything will be alright. *GOT IT!*

Screenshot-18.jpg
    *groan*
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I'm not saying how you play your game is incorrect because it is your game so it's your way. I just mentioned that I don't do that and have never had that issue. :D
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
    @Meela_Pasht - No worries. Your post didn't read as a critique of my game, I didn't think that at all.

@Nikkei_Simmer - I don't have a mean bone in my body for any Sims, so I could never hurt (or kill) one. That doesn't mean they don't face watcher wrath when it's needed >:)!

I don't have NRaas' SP in play (at this time) because it isn't needed. But, I do have MC, Overwatch and Error Trap running. I don't mind a little 'after game' living as long as they don't ruin anything I'm working towards. So far, a few dirty dishes, newly met Sims, stolen books I find and now house cleaning are all things I can live with ;).