Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone see the new icon leak?

1235...Next

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited August 2020
    I like star trek better then star wars
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I like star trek better then star wars

Me too, I like both. That is why I would prefer a more generic space pack that is versatile enough to play different kind of space stories. I hope we get more information soon and I hope it will indeed be scifi.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I've always been a fan of:
    Star Trek
    Star Wars
    Stargate SG1
    Buck Rodgers,
    1978 version of Battlestar Galactica
    David Tennant's Doctor Who
    Farscape
    Quantum Leap
    Sliders
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’d be even happier with a Star Trek pack! I already have about 10 Star Trek characters in my game.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    All I know is, if it's a space pack....I want to pilot a ship.
    #Team Occult
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    All I know is, if it's a space pack....I want to pilot a ship.

Uhhh! Me too or at least build one. Maybe this is why they released ladders just before EL - they also make sense for a space pack too! Maybe the patch before the GP release will include bunk beds?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Star Trek
    Star Wars
    Stargate SG1
    Buck Rodgers,
    Farscape
    Quantum Leap
    Sliders
    I don't normally read comics, but I adored the Buck Rogers ones so much. I love Star Trek, Star Wars, and Doctor Who too. Quantum Leap the original show was good too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Whatever the case, I'll be happy if it is SW OR Space-themed <3.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited August 2020
    Scobre wrote: »
    Star Trek
    Star Wars
    Stargate SG1
    Buck Rodgers,
    Farscape
    Quantum Leap
    Sliders
    I don't normally read comics, but I adored the Buck Rogers ones so much. I love Star Trek, Star Wars, and Doctor Who too. Quantum Leap the original show was good too.

One of these days some enterprising company will make a Sims type game of Terry Pratchett's Diskworld. All the maps of Ankh Morpork are already made and you get every variety of creature existing in his books, werewolves, vampires, living dead and all.

If they did. Sims 4 wouldn't see my footsteps for dust! Plus it would be for the over 18's. I've got all the old games which don't play any more unfortunately except with emulators.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2020
    Simburian wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Star Trek
    Star Wars
    Stargate SG1
    Buck Rodgers,
    Farscape
    Quantum Leap
    Sliders

One of these days some enterprising company will make a Sims type game of Terry Pratchett's Diskworld. All the maps of Ankh Morpork are already made and you get every variety of creature existing in his books, werewolves, vampires, living dead and all.

If they did. Sims 4 wouldn't see my footsteps for dust! Plus it would be for the over 18's. I've got all the old games which don't play any more unfortunately except with emulators.
    I haven't read those books but sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind a teen rated game like that even. I think I would be ok with a space related game pack too especially if it brought zero gravity into the series. Island Paradise did with the underwater experience in a way with the Sims 3.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    The mo I saw it, I saw winter cabin, snow, and mountain.

If it’s a Star Wars thing, I commend EA for integrating their video game IP.

Happy for everyone who likes Star Wars, but there are a billion SW games for you already.

Let us have our Sims in peace in quiet.

There are already loads of star wars games out there, true. But as far as I know they revolve around fighting battles or completing missions. Not every star wars fan is into that kind of gameplay.
    If you can name a star wars game (or general scifi) where I can play families in space and tell stories about people futuristic lives (love, work, children, build their homes) please let me know so I can check it out.

Until I find a game like that forgive me for wishing a pack to play sims and not fight battles in a scifi or fantasy setting.

I don’t really understand your point. For example, I miss games like King’s Quest and Quest For Glory just as much as the next Sierra-nerd, but I’m not asking for that kind of gameplay to enter into The Sims. 🤷🏽‍♀️

If The Sims wants to become a Star Wars/extraworld game, that’s ok. I guess I am tired of packs sprinkling in one thing or the other: an occult/extraworld pack or a “realistic” pack. Packs in previous iterations used to have a little bit of both instead of having entire packs focused on discrete themes a la Vampires v Parenthood or RoM v Discover University. In the past, I’ve owned all packs; this is the first iteration where I’ve skipped some.

It’s a strange choice for The Sims to try and divvy up their release schedule for each pack to focus exclusively on either occult/other world or “realistic”—this strategy rarely works in the long run. It’d be cool if they went back to the old model, where we could all look forward to each pack without it being so divisive. Pick a lane already, Sims!
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited August 2020
    Justin wrote: »
    I truly hope all the speculation about this being a Star Wars pack are 100% WRONG! :s A franchise related pack is the LAST thing EA needs to be experimenting with right now! This is NOT the time to be making packs revolving around other franchises... especially when their last few packs have been quite disappointing as it is!

Into The Future was my absolute LEAST favorite expansion pack in Sims 3, so a Star Wars pack would just be much worse! We've already gotten Star Wars content in Sims 4 from patches... that's one thing, but creating an entire DLC for it is going way too far! This would be extremely disappointing and would make me lose even more faith in The Sims 4... this franchise is going downhill faster and faster... sooner or later, they're gonna experience a huge CRASH!

I just find it amazing how Sims fans are demanding farming, amusement parks, etc... and EA just sits there giving us things we're not even asking for! It's laughable... especially when they're just so purposely oblivious.

That’s how some occult players feel.

and any player that likes drama or danger

What if this new pack might include that? I would sue hope so . If it is space pack I think this would be a good opportunity for them to give us cars or at least futuristic cars which could bring us racing . Death by racing would be pretty cool
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I truly hope all the speculation about this being a Star Wars pack are 100% WRONG! :s A franchise related pack is the LAST thing EA needs to be experimenting with right now! This is NOT the time to be making packs revolving around other franchises... especially when their last few packs have been quite disappointing as it is!

Into The Future was my absolute LEAST favorite expansion pack in Sims 3, so a Star Wars pack would just be much worse! We've already gotten Star Wars content in Sims 4 from patches... that's one thing, but creating an entire DLC for it is going way too far! This would be extremely disappointing and would make me lose even more faith in The Sims 4... this franchise is going downhill faster and faster... sooner or later, they're gonna experience a huge CRASH!

I just find it amazing how Sims fans are demanding farming, amusement parks, etc... and EA just sits there giving us things we're not even asking for! It's laughable... especially when they're just so purposely oblivious.

That’s how some occult players feel.

and any player that likes drama or danger

What if this new pack might include that? I would sue hope so . If it is space pack I think this would be a good opportunity for them to give us cars or at least futuristic cars which could bring us racing . Death by racing would be pretty cool

agreed
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    The mo I saw it, I saw winter cabin, snow, and mountain.

If it’s a Star Wars thing, I commend EA for integrating their video game IP.

Happy for everyone who likes Star Wars, but there are a billion SW games for you already.

Let us have our Sims in peace in quiet.

There are already loads of star wars games out there, true. But as far as I know they revolve around fighting battles or completing missions. Not every star wars fan is into that kind of gameplay.
    If you can name a star wars game (or general scifi) where I can play families in space and tell stories about people futuristic lives (love, work, children, build their homes) please let me know so I can check it out.

Until I find a game like that forgive me for wishing a pack to play sims and not fight battles in a scifi or fantasy setting.

I don’t really understand your point. For example, I miss games like King’s Quest and Quest For Glory just as much as the next Sierra-nerd, but I’m not asking for that kind of gameplay to enter into The Sims. 🤷🏽‍♀️

If The Sims wants to become a Star Wars/extraworld game, that’s ok. I guess I am tired of packs sprinkling in one thing or the other: an occult/extraworld pack or a “realistic” pack. Packs in previous iterations used to have a little bit of both instead of having entire packs focused on discrete themes a la Vampires v Parenthood or RoM v Discover University. In the past, I’ve owned all packs; this is the first iteration where I’ve skipped some.

It’s a strange choice for The Sims to try and divvy up their release schedule for each pack to focus exclusively on either occult/other world or “realistic”—this strategy rarely works in the long run. It’d be cool if they went back to the old model, where we could all look forward to each pack without it being so divisive. Pick a lane already, Sims!

I just meant I like to play sims and I like a futuristic (or fantasy) world for them to visit or live. I am not interested in other star wars games, but I am first and foremost a simmer who likes science fiction.

I also would like them to go back to their old pattern of combining realistic and occult gameplay in one pack like they did in previous versions. That way every pack would have a little bit for everyone and would not lead discussions about realism vs occult.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Atreya33 wrote: »
    I also would like them to go back to their old pattern of combining realistic and occult gameplay in one pack like they did in previous versions. That way every pack would have a little bit for everyone and would not lead discussions about realism vs occult.

Not sure if combining realism and (heavy) occult is wise at this stage.
    Let’s say a farming EP came out and it included werewolves. If the Werewolves were treated like merfolk ( with no occult system at all) there will be complaints from the fantasy players: “should have been fleshed out like Vampires etc. etc.”

If Werewolves were to have their own ranking system it will take away from other gameplay elements folks would have liked to see in a farm pack: More complaints come from the realism players. “Werewolves are so intrusive yadida...”And so the saga will go on and on an on.

Separating them is maybe best, unless Maxis was to create a huge pack with all the gameplay both parties would like to see. And that won’t happen. Because everyone wants something different.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2020
    I wish TS4 had done a Supernatural pack and that way most of the things people asked about could have been added into one pack. I think Vampires is the best GP in TS4 however, I thought TS3 did a great job with the Supernatural pack. The only thing I really didn't like was watering down a werewolf to pat on head..and trying to sell a PopCap game such as Zombies vs Plants, by making zombies go after plants instead of brains those two things were disappointing. Think how much better if Maxis/EA had not been pushing the sell of ZvsP and zombies had eaten brains. lol sometimes they are they own worst enemy when they do this stuff.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.