Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone see the new icon leak?

Comments

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    It's kinda giving me 'Firefly' feels...
  • freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 358 Member
    I think it's Star Wars themed

i hope not
  • wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    it is an interesting picture ...it looks like the softer blue is an invasion of that space ..it could be an open portal as well i suppose and on top of what would appear to be a building it would seem there is some type of sphere ..antenna ...as though communication might play into the functionality of what this might be....or even a locator ..target. Then there is the mountain and that is confusing so i wonder what else that could even be..it would seem the areas being in white are not necessarily snow but just not filled in so as to not give this away. The problem for me is that it was said that the game pack is completely new territory as it has not been done before. We have had future worlds ...but have we ever been able to travel in space? i don't think so...we have had space rockets but they become rabbit holes once the rocket blasts off. it is really hard to say...lol i was gonna say that it would not be specific star wars themed because it would be so limiting to what we could wear but then i laugh at myself because pretty sure you don't wear jeans and a tee to space.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2020
    Probably another pack that brings nothing new to family play, yay! :/

I will still buy it though. :D
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I'm thinking of a space world that's very cold and always snowy. Sims could mountain climb and do other winter sports.

Earth winter sports?

This concept might just be my Worst Case Scenario (partially because it likely prevents similar themes without the space combo forced together).
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    Its definitely a futuristic / supernatural gameplay addition. In my minds eye :) The fact that we already got star wars themed memorabilia recently, a while back, seals that for me .
    wickichick wrote: »
    it is an interesting picture ...it looks like the softer blue is an invasion of that space ..it could be an open portal as well i suppose and on top of what would appear to be a building it would seem there is some type of sphere ..antenna ...as though communication might play into the functionality of what this might be....or even a locator ..target. Then there is the mountain and that is confusing so i wonder what else that could even be..it would seem the areas being in white are not necessarily snow but just not filled in so as to not give this away. The problem for me is that it was said that the game pack is completely new territory as it has not been done before. We have had future worlds ...but have we ever been able to travel in space? i don't think so...we have had space rockets but they become rabbit holes once the rocket blasts off. it is really hard to say...lol i was gonna say that it would not be specific star wars themed because it would be so limiting to what we could wear but then i laugh at myself because pretty sure you don't wear jeans and a tee to space.

I don't play with this type of feature but didn't Get to Work (EP1) allow sims to travel to Sixam (an alien planet)? So that has totally been done, and early, for TS4. I don't know HOW sims travel to Sixam but is that the important part? The traveling through space? In Sims 4, which has no cars? Nah, doesn't seem like the space ship part is important ... and will probably be skipped.

The Sims 3 Store also has a space world, but sims can't TRAVEL there without a mod. Well, they can MOVE there, so ... this kind of counts, too.

"Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    Its definitely a futuristic / supernatural gameplay addition. In my minds eye :) The fact that we already got star wars themed memorabilia recently, a while back, seals that for me .

This makes sense, but for the record; Star Was is set "a long time ago."
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

I don't play with this type of feature but didn't Get to Work (EP1) allow sims to travel to Sixam (an alien planet)? So that has totally been done, and early, for TS4. I don't know HOW sims travel to Sixam but is that the important part? The traveling through space? In Sims 4, which has no cars? Nah, doesn't seem like the space ship part is important ... and will probably be skipped.

The Sims 3 Store also has a space world, but sims can't TRAVEL there without a mod. Well, they can MOVE there, so ... this kind of counts, too.

In Sims 4 you get to the planet Sixam by travelling there in the rocket ship. After your rocket science skill is high enough it is no longer just a rabbit hole.

But yes, we've had space themes beofre, which is why I think this is Star Wars specific, not space in general. Star Wars has NOT been done before.
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Maybe it’s a space-based vacation world? Sims could vacation on Sixam. I definitely get spacey vibes from the icon.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I see a mountain, a cabin with a woodburning stove pipe sticking out of the roof and snow as in three snowballs. This is that winter game pack
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I hope it is a space pack. But I am careful to get my hopes up too soon. It could still be something else as well.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I see more futuristic than space pack looking at the icon. I also see where it could be a winter holiday theme which has been previously hinted at.

I’d rather winter holiday with resorts to be honest but we probably won’t have any new info for a good while since knitting just came out.

Idk though they did say clearly it was something they hadn’t done before and well they’ve done all of these at some point. Hmmm 🤔
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Yes you can get to Sixam, but it’s basically a hidden lot, not a world, you can’t really explore or live there.

But they’ve never done an entire GP or EP about space.
    I personally would prefer something else but if we got an active astronaut career it could be nice!

In Sims 4 you get to the planet Sixam by travelling there in the rocket ship. After your rocket science skill is high enough it is no longer just a rabbit hole.

But yes, we've had space themes beofre, which is why I think this is Star Wars specific, not space in general. Star Wars has NOT been done before.

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I can see the mountain and lodge, but the night sky background is unusual. The Star Wars theory is more compelling.

I’m not a Star Wars fan, so at first I thought I definitely won’t get it if it’s a Star Wars theme. But on the other hand, it may have features I want, and that’s the only way of getting them. So I don’t know whether to wish for features I don’t care about so I don’t have to feel tempted, or what.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I wish we could actually get a Star Wars Gamepack, however it's just wishful thinking.
    The icon spoiler clue could be a Winter Resort or some unique new world with a Sun & Moon at the same time.
    Who knows?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I wish we could actually get a Star Wars Gamepack, however it's just wishful thinking.
    The icon spoiler clue could be a Winter Resort or some unique new world with a Sun & Moon at the same time.
    Who knows?

GAMEPACKLEAK.jpg

Don't think so..I think it's SW...I see NOTHING winter themed here.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    When I look at the icon, I get a Subnautica feel. The round circles are air bubbles, the home is an underwater base. This icon has been recreated, but in the original, the "mountain" made me think of a shark. This icon's background is a darker blue than all other game packs, and there's a light blue streak, which looks like a ray of sunlight.

They said they were doing a game pack unlike any they've done so far. An underwater world would definitely be very different. If I was to take a wild guess, I'd say they're expanding on mermaids.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    When I look at the icon, I get a Subnautica feel. The round circles are air bubbles, the home is an underwater base. This icon has been recreated, but in the original, the "mountain" made me think of a shark. This icon's background is a darker blue than all other game packs, and there's a light blue streak, which looks like a ray of sunlight.

They said they were doing a game pack unlike any they've done so far. An underwater world would definitely be very different. If I was to take a wild guess, I'd say they're expanding on mermaids.

I'd love this or a space pack tbh
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    SimGuruDuke apparently said that it is not a theme pack. Can anyone confirm this? The original looks like snowy mountains to me. A lodge in the Alps or a observation tower. Others also said the original icon looks like an artists palette or a wolf. Who knows!
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited August 2020
    He said it's not a theme park pack. Although the tweet where he said it was from February, so who knows anymore.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I'd love a winter resort pack but a Star Wars tie-in would make me dangerously excited lol. I almost don't want to think about it in case it's not. And then if it is, what if it's visually amazing but shallow like Realm of Magic? I have to protect my heart, ya know. Though honestly, the sword fighting animations we got in Get Famous are super pretty and I'd like to see them with lightsabers. Would Jedi be a life state with all the apropriate ranks? Would there be a dark side aspiration? Would the use of the force be a ten-level skill? Would there be a new profession? Is all of that too much for a game pack? I mean, if it turns out to be a generic space theme, It'll make my week too.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    It could be a space explorer pack inspired by Star Wars. If it is, I'm wicked excited!

I was thinking it was going to be a Destination Wedding pack because of the Spark'd themes going on, but maybe we'll be getting a winter wedding getaway EP in November?

It could be a space vacation. A Spacation. :D
    #Team Occult
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    When I saw the tiny image my first thought was "wolf howling at moon with buildings in the background" and I thought oh golly, werewolves! But 3 moons don't work with that, and that straight line pointing up from the one building is too small to be a chimney imo. The enlarged icon image doesn't look like a wolf anymore, it looks like a mountain or oddly shaped building.

Space pack would be super great. It could be a space port. I remember the days back when they were talking about doing a Sim Mars or something, but that idea was never realized. (instead another company put out Space Colony, which, while fun, was not Sims In Space, which was what I wanted.) An Underwater pack would also be cool, and would be something new, especially if they had an underwater city our sims could live in. Winter vacation pack - eh, I'd have to see what it entailed. I hope it's not another vacation world, I'd rather live in my worlds.

But whatever it is, someone will love it and someone will hate it. LOL
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    While I doubt it, I think it would be cool if it was a Lovecraftian themed pack. This would fit the "star wars"/Atlantis looking icon and let's be honest who doesn't want cute Lovecraftian monsters affecting our sims moodlets.

Plus a tentacle monster life aspects for occult sims in CAS would be pretty cool.

Just saying...
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD