Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you a fan of the voidcritters?

When I first read about them in the Kid's Room pack, I could not care less, but they really grew on me as an interesting aspect of the Sims 4 world. From the trading cards, to Veild the familiar, to the Bubalus small pet, to the voidcritter show (on TV and with Get Famous gigs), etc. I have been rather interested in their expansion through out the packs. I was further interested when I saw them as a possibility on the knitting pack votes.

I don't know. I am curious as to what people think of them. My biggest gripe is that teens cannot play with them using the battle station.

Are you a fan of the voidcritters? 121 votes

I love them.
21%
OneAdorkableGirlPlayerSinger2010TheSpotted_Cbabajaynealanmichael1MindofyLustianiciataydevRavager619ScobreLiELFFaberriesMDianaSimsmusteniSeaDragonSongfilipomelFurkeanTS1299Prink34321Gordy 26 votes
I like them.
32%
CK213IcewolfSamadamsPlayerbekiIsb917StrangerthanAuroraBoreallisZorgahaneulkwanzaabotstilljustme2PixyAquariusMomCAPTAIN_NXR7SummerStreaktexxx78LyrieJackOnYourBackKarababy52EnkiSchmidt 39 votes
I can take or leave them.
35%
brackencat31LaBlue0314jeepjeepcatCabelle1863AlexaiColorist40JueJueasimbsimMeteoraStormelanorbretonmercuryfoamloubyloulouladybreidduhboy2u2spice3mikawagBabykittyjadehalloweenchildGirklbixters 43 votes
I do not like them.
7%
GalacticGalMaryVannfriendlysimmersjimbbqLizzychicagoSimzilla_7garapoessunblondEvie0602 9 votes
I hate them.
0%
It is complicated.
3%
bshag4lvBloosmooSilentKittySapphire769 4 votes

Comments

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited July 2020
    I like them.
    I think the Void creatures are really funny! I compare them to Pokémon a bit. It was pretty popular when I was a Teen, and I remember the whole class exchange cards during the breaks :D .
    Some of my Simkids also have the battle station and I decorated their rooms with Void posters and carpets.
    Gives me nostalgic vibes :).
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    If it was not just limited to just children my sims would be involved with it a lot more. I did check them out when I first added them to my game. This was something I never understood why adults with Childish Trait or teens were not allowed to interact with them.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I always forget about them. Kids don't get skill or fun from them. I don't see the point. The kids don't autonomously play with them like other things. Need two kids to battle. My kids are not kids for long. As soon as they get an A in school I age them up.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I like them.
    I will always appreciate Maxis deepening their lore. I'd rather have Voidcritters than no Voidcritters.
    wJbomAo.png
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    It is complicated.
    I love voidcritters.

I hate that only kids can play.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    When I first read about them in the Kid's Room pack, I could not care less, but they really grew on me as an interesting aspect of the Sims 4 world. From the trading cards, to Veild the familiar, to the Bubalus small pet, to the voidcritter show (on TV and with Get Famous gigs), etc. I have been rather interested in their expansion through out the packs. I was further interested when I saw them as a possibility on the knitting pack votes.

I don't know. I am curious as to what people think of them. My biggest gripe is that teens cannot play with them using the battle station.

As I had read, after Kids Room Stuff, simgurus said at Twitter than Voidcritters will appear in other ways at other packs
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I like them.
    I do like them, but I often forget they exist. Also quite often my Sim kids don't have enough time to play with them. School, homework & filling their needs take too much time.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I do not like them.
    I have never used it.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I really never use them. I have to go out of my way to do so.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    They are cute, kind of. But I wouldn't really miss them if they were gone in the game.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2020
    Not into them and rarely use it. I'm so simple minded I just want more "personal" non object interactions for kids. Running around building forts, hiding under tables, tag, hopscotch, Mary mack, jumping on beds and couches, pillow fights. Even see saws feel more personal you have to look at the other person and work together.

Plus childish sims seem to be left out of a lot.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited July 2020
    I don't mind them existing. My child sims rarely play with them. The console thing they play on is kinda huge and often enough I have no space for it in my cosy sim homes. Kids rarely play with them autonomously as well which makes them seem worthless to me.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I like them.
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    If it was not just limited to just children my sims would be involved with it a lot more. I did check them out when I first added them to my game. This was something I never understood why adults with Childish Trait or teens were not allowed to interact with them.

I had mod that allowed adults to play it too, but I don't think it's supported anymore. I loved it though so may have to look for a new one.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I like them.
    I still enjoy them, but kids do not obsess over their collections anymore the way they did when the pack was new. I have a mod that allows adults to trade voidcritter cards and some pay more for a max level special foil edition than the game says these cards are worth (I haven't used that mod after the eco patch and thus don't know if it survived).

The downsides are that on normal lifespan I never find enough time to fully level up a card, let alone a full set, and that children challenged to duels use random cards instead of their own. This makes tournaments a little complicated, because I first have to gather the participants in the same household.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    I do not like them.
    i do not like them much do not eeven use them in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I don't really use them because playing with voidcritters doesn't build any child skills, so I don't really see the point. My child sims life stage isn't too long so I dont really have time to do things that dont have a purpose to them. I think if I had a longer life stage I'd enjoy them more, or if they added to my child sims skills.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I love them.
    They're cute, and I like seeing the Sims have fandoms and unique interests. Honestly, I'm sad they didn't go further with the Voidcritter merch in this game. In real life, kids watch Pokémon, collect the cards, play the video games, have plushes, clithes and bed spreads, and live and breathe their obsession. When I was a kid, I even had Pokémon luggage and ate Pokémon pasta every day.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I like them.
    I like them, but I wish there were more Voidcritter stuff. Plus, I dont want just kids to enjoy voidcritters. I'd enjoy it if sims could go off to Voidcritter competitions (rabbit hole or part of Geekcon) and win prizes. I'd also love a handheld system for sims to play Voidcritters on.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I love them.
    I think they’re adorable, and i love that it’s kinda a ‘franchise’ in the sims universe. I made a club for my sims children and gave them a voidcritter themed hangout :D
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I love them.
    I love them! Many of my kids collect them and spend time training them up and battling them with their siblings haha! However... I play for stories, not the grinding challenge) So I usually cheat my sims needs to full giving them much more time to play, and I sometimes cheat the skills I want them to have (if the story line calls for the Sim to be practising that skill I don't but if it's a natrually gifted sim in that skill I cheat it too), I let them take vacation days whenever they have them too haha. ANd I keep aging on extra slow or off so they play several full sim years in each life stage (often 5-10 if not more) so yeah, loads of time. WHen they age into teens they gift the cards to their younger siblings or display them in their room and hang on to them for their children one day.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I love them.
    I'm a big fan of Pokemon and Digimon in real life (which is basically what they are), so that's probably why... I just wish they weren't essentially limited to just children. I wish teens and older could also make use of the toy and stuff. I mean, I'm 25 years old and still love Pokemon and Digimon! :heart:
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    I feel indifferent...
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    It is complicated.
    The problem lies with me loving them, I think they are really cute, and my sims not loving them. It feels like I'm forcing them to practice playing with their voidcritters.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I like them.
    I love opening up the cards, collecting them and playing on the battle station BUT it's a real shame teens and adults can't play too because...
    1. You'd get more play out of it.
    2. Big kids, parents and grandparents could interact with their younger sibs/kids/grandkids and play together.
    3. The kid life stages can be short if you are the type to lose patience playing them and run for the birthday cake after the umpteenth snit, so expanding the playable ages would be awesome. ;)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I love them.
    I admit I'm a huge Voidcritter fan. I just love that they took the time to create them and keep adding them to the packs. I would welcome an update where older sims could play with the battle station.