Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

i dont understand the eco system at all

my sim house is a off the grid house i have the eco solar panels and the generators etc and they cant use the lights or computers or anything what am i doing wrong?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2020
    It might be that the home is trying to draw more electricity than what your solar panels are able to keep up with. Also, make sure where you look at your bills, that you have your power settings to Save, not Sell. What I do to help in this area I try to have most of my lighting set up for off the grid, such as candles and lanterns, and also have all lights set to where they turn off if no one is in the room, or even completely turning off lights that my sim doesn't need. Also when first setting up your solar panels it takes a bit of time for the power to build up. I like having at least 2 solar panels for a small household, 4 to 6 for my larger households.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I think you have to click the generators to add fuel in order for them to work. The solar panels only produce electricity during the day. If you have ground solar panels, they tend to break from time to time. Check your bills info to make sure you produce enough power.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I pick those windmills over solar panels any day, and litter my lawn with them. And, of course, as someone already mentioned, store the power.