Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remodeling all of San Myshuno (Showcase)

lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
edited June 2020 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've played the Sims, due to work getting crazy with covid-19. I hope you are all staying safe, practicing social distancing, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle and I hope you are encouraging your family and friends to do the same. I'd also like to briefly thank my fellow essential workers. We have all been worked to the bone these past few months. It's nice to finally get a break and return to the game I love.

So to the project: I really dislike the apartments in San Myshuno from the layouts to the furnishings. Of course, Maxis had the limitation of packs, item counts, and moveobjects so when remodeling each apartment (and the other lots) I took care to use every resource at my disposal. I have been working on this for about 6 months and I recently finished it. I will be slowly uploading pictures of each apartment with a way to find it on the gallery if you'd like to download them for yourself. Everything has been playtested to the best of my ability

Gallery Note: One thing to note about these apartments is that I had to break walls to upload each apartment as a complete room, and not just separate little ones. Therefore, when you place the lot, you don't have to wait so long for the gallery placement, but you will have to replace walls and repaint them. For the later apartments I renoed, I only broke walls in doorways, but for earlier ones, I was willy-nilly. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask (The easiest way to contact me is to post here or dm me here, but it might be a few days before I reply).

If you would like to comment on anything, feel free to. This is not a restricted discussion. I welcome all comments/criticisms/praise, and links to your own showcases or gallery items. The only thing I ask is that you refrain from using this as a showcase for your builds and I encourage you to create your own showcase because I'd love to see your items get their own recognition. Now onto the showcase!

List of each apartment on the gallery:
(under construction)

Spice Market
17 Culpepper (gallery)
18 Culpepper (gallery)
19 Culpepper (forum and gallery)
20 Culpepper (gallery)
2A Jasmine Suites (WIP)
2B Jasmine Suites (gallery)
The Treble Clef (gallery)
Lofty Ambitions (gallery)

Arts Quarter
910 Medina Studios (gallery)
920 Medina Studios (gallery)
930 Medina Studios (gallery)
121 Hakim House (WIP)
122 Hakim House (WIP)
Fountainview (gallery)
Casbah Gallery (WIP)

Fashion District
701 Zenview Floor 1 (gallery)
701 Zenview Floor 2 (gallery)
702 Zenview Floor 1 (gallery)
702 Zenview Floor 2 (gallery)
1310 21 Chic Street (gallery)
1312 21 Chic Street (gallery)
1313 21 Chic Street (gallery)
I Torendi Tower (WIP)
Planet HoneyPop (WIP)

Uptown
888 Spire Floor 1 (gallery)
888 Spire Floor 2 (gallery)
888 Spire Floor 3 (gallery)
IX Landgraab Floor 1 (WIP)
IX Landgraab Floor 2 (WIP)
VIII Landgraab Floor 1 (WIP)
VIII Landgraab Floor 2 (WIP)
1010 Alto (gallery)
1020 Alto (gallery)
Stargazer Lounge (gallery)
Skye Fitness (gallery)

Myshuno Meadows (WIP)

(My gallery ID is also lzbthnndgls, if you want to go ahead and see everything before I post cause this will take me forever to take screenshots and upload each post)
Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
Post edited by lzbthnndgls on

Comments

• lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    edited June 2020
    19 Culpepper House

For the first apartment in my showcase is a unique apartment. The sim I moved in here I imagine recently moved out of her parents' home with 25k to spend on an apartment. She has an eclectic and colorful style so when the landlord of Culpepper House showed her a rundown apartment with bright pink kitchen cabinets, she knew that was where she would make her first home. She filled it with thrifty furniture from the flea market so that it felt full and vibrant, despite the dingy beige walls and the dark hardwood floors. Sure the pipes leak, the electricity goes out, and there's a strong odor, but it's home and when you're a sim on your own for the first time, it's a place you can be proud of.

This apartment uses only base game, Movie Theater Stuff, and City Living. (If it says otherwise on the gallery, I apologize, but it'll be fine to go ahead and download it). I reccomend placing this lot with bb.moveobjects on. Unfortunately, this apartment does not include the balcony on this lot, but you can easily decorate that yourself. My sims was on a tight budget and patio furniture was a luxury she could not afford (yet) (Well actually maybe never, she can't hold a steady job)

Pictures
    gd8RtFV.png
    8di4Tv8.png
    kevMion.png
    OmHymca.png
    hgPWrv6.png
    TptlLVk.png

Gallery Information
    Name: 19 Culpepper House
    Type: Kitchen
    Cost: $32,279
    ID: lzbthnndgls
    Link:(Coming Soon)
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @lzbthnndgls Wow! That's really quite a challenge you gave yourself. Congratulations on completing. The few pictures you've shared look very nice.
    1010 Alto Apartments

This is one of my favorite remodels, mostly because of the family I placed here (Lin Family, available on my gallery). They have a very rich backstory that I might post about one day. I love them so much I placed them in all my other save files as unplayed so my other sims can interact with them. Anyways, this apartment was designed for them: A 3-generation family, no children. One side of the apartment is bedrooms, basically a living space, kept private for just the family, while the other side is where they can work from home, play, and entertain visitors. There are four spacious bedrooms, four bathrooms, a yoga studio, home office, chess room, laundry room, formal dining room, open living space, and a kitchen where the bar opens up to the living space through what I call a chef's window, but I think it has another technical term. The style of this apartment I would call warm suburban modern. It is cozy with a calm color pallete with accents of dark woods and oranges and yellows. Also, there are various cat-related items for the Lin family cat, which is quite a mean thing, but Grandmama Ryuu loves her kitty.

I did not limit myself in the packs used. The prominent packs for this apartment are City Living (Obviously), Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Seasons, and Discover University. Any other packs used are more like accents. This is one of the apartments, I removed walls willy nilly and there are about two dozen walls to replace. I took pictures of most of the rooms, excluding some of the bathrooms because they're basically the same.

Pictures

Floor plan
    7ncwJNp.png
    Main Living Space
    d6KUScK.png
    zHnBCwH.png
    8rOMATd.png
    YsfdfPF.png
    Bedrooms
    jiI5Q3y.png
    LFAGMYf.png
    6JkBdDA.png
    3o39hX7.png
    Bathrooms
    MxPHKOw.png
    rwHfBY2.png
    Etc Rooms
    b2vOFBy.png
    lrFTnVf.png
    IpBiMyM.png
    BTDW4b4.png

Gallery Information
    Name: 1010 Alto Apartments
    Type: Living Room
    Cost: $144,301
    ID: lzbthnndgls
    Link:(Coming Soon)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    It is very great that you have remodeled all the apartments and lots in San Myshuno! :) It would have involved a lot of work and time! I will enjoy looking at the pictures of all the builds :)
    Skye Fitness 2.0

I always struggle to build gyms. I actually don't mind some of the Maxis ones because mine always end up with a weird floor plan but I'm surprisingly proud of this one. I'd wanted to remodel it ever since I saw that weird architecture. I've successful created a chic, modern gym that is sparsely furnished (so your sims can move around and there's not a high item count) but feels like an actual gym you would visit. When you walk in, there is a reception desk to your right. The first left turn takes you to a hallway lined with lockers and two bathrooms. Down the hall is a boxing and lifting area. If you walk further back, you can find the door to a yoga studio and a place to put your shoes. up the stairs, you can find treadmills arranged so you can look out over the Fashion District as you run. There is also a little balcony space for when you want to enjoy a protein shake in the cool breeze. If you venture to the basement, you will find a lap pool, lounge chairs, and two enormous locker rooms, complete with showers, sauna, and changing area.

This build uses mostly City Living, Spa Day, and Island Living. There's a little Get Famous too, but besides that, the build is functional without many other packs. I took pictures of the floor plans and most of the rooms. I skipped the bathrooms and the women's locker room since it is a mirror image of the men's locker room.

Pictures

M1yLSBG.png

Floor plan
    TmALnlf.png
    LA4MiJ1.png
    obh6fBg.png
    First Floor
    cnZPidN.png
    bCOblP2.png
    JcVDIL6.png
    Second Floor
    92Kzjbz.png