Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Blackwell Chronicles (On Hiatus)

Comments

• ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @_sims_Yimi I'm glad you enjoyed the song, I've had it stuck in my head for the last week or so :D
    I like switching up the perspectives too, the same scenes can look so different when it's someone else describing the situation! Mind you, Cordelia is still very much our main POV hero (well, hero probably doesn't quite describe her current situation, heh), but nothing wrong with a few detours here and there :) And I would imagine if Cordelia survives all this she will definitely learn a lesson or two!
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    I'm liking the new perspective. :)
    I like this switch in perspective to an antagonistic character. I like the contrast in her character. She looks so sweet and innocent, except for the vampire eyes and teeth, but she's really an ancient, master vampire, with several vampire children. I'm interested to see what Micah will do. I'm guessing Verena will bring Cordelia to him, or him to her. I'm not sure if Morgyn will be there to save the day, but I'm sure they are lurking around somewhere. I'm kind of thinking Cordelia might be alone in this battle. I'm wondering if the sprites will prove useful in some way since they've been nothing but an annoyance up to this point.
    @lone_cat Thank you! :)
    Yes, she's definitely not a child, and has many "children" of her own, wven though she currently only lives with a couple of them. I had a fun time writing her and showing off life from her perspective :)

I can't really say much else about the rest of your comment, but I like the way you think!
    edited August 2020
    @DeafSimmer
    Why would she have assumed there was anything nefarious about a child? I reckon for most people, if they saw a small child wandering the streets of a creepy and potentially dangerous town on their own, their first instinct would be to see if the child was ok. For Cordelia, possibly even more so, because she of course was a child wandering the streets at night all alone herself, the night her mother died. I'm sure it brought up some memories in her.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @ThePlumbob no song for this chapter? I forgot to comment on the last chapter theme song that it was sooo goood! If you have theme songs associated with any chapters please link them together <3
    @mercuryfoam
    I don't have a song for this chapter specifically, although I do have an overarching song for this chapter and the next two or three... but it's a huge spoiler so I can't share it yet :D
    *waits for track release day* :smile:
    @ThePlumbob
    Almost had a nosebleed there.

And I especially liked the hissing contest haha! :joy:
    @DeafSimmer
    Hard to say at this point! I guess we'll find out either way.

@mercuryfoam
    Oh don't get me started, there's so much autonomous hissing going on in that house it's slightly ridiculous 😆
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,752 Member
    No shiny knight armor anywhere... Morgyn, you disappoint me. :D
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Morgyn has no intention of turning Micah into a human in the first place. They’re just dangling that in front of him to get his attention, and get him interested in them. He never bothered to actually help Cordelia with getting rid of her sprites, either. :angry:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    edited August 2020
    @_sims_Yimi
    What can I say, I did warn you the armour may not be Morgyn's thing...

Interesting theory! I can't see why ever you'd question Morgyn's intentions :p
    Morgyn finally gets involved with the ongoing mess...

Chapter 28: Hospitality

BZxtl8n.jpg
    edited August 2020
    @ThePlumbob
    Ooooooh the conversation between Morgyn and Verena was everything I was hoping it would be. And for all their charm and magical abilities, Verena’s raw power absolutely wiped the floor with them. I adore scenes like that. Very well written, plumbob =D

I greatly fear for Cordelia now, though. Unless Morgyn secretly cares more than they let on, or they mount some kind of daring rescue, what Verena is asking for is too high a price to pay for a mere human’s life.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @ThePlumbob
    Veronica is bae! Can I have her? She's nasty enough for B2W universe. (I plan to age her up though, and no vampires. Purely for her personality.)
    edited August 2020
    @_sims_Yimi
    Thank you! I had a lot of fun writing this chapter, and I'm glad it didn't disappoint. Yes, Verena dominated that exchange for sure!

You're right, Cordelia's prospects are not the best at the minute - there's far too much at stake...

@mercuryfoam
    Haha! Thing is, being a centuries old mind in the body of a vampire child is precisely the reason why her personality is the way it is... She had to learn to be cunning and strategic in order to survive - and even thrive - this long in spite of her form.
    @DeafSimmer
    Well, the vampires do live forever, but Cordelia does not. And even as an immortal, if Verena deems Cordelia is of no use to her, I doubt she would hang onto her if she outlasts her usefulness... which is not to say she would let Cordelia go, of course.
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    I'm all caught up again, and wow, this really took an interesting turn.
    I don't know how Cordelia is going to get out of this. I feel bad for her, but she really got herself into a bad situation. And the sprites don't seem to be helping, but who knows, maybe they still will prove useful in some way. Verena has yet to see the sprites.

At this point, I think it is out of Cordelia's hands since she is no match for a bunch of powerful vampires. I could see Micah and Morgyn teaming up to try to get her out, but I think Micah will want Morgyn's blood and knowledge and that might lead to Micah betraying Verena, which I think would be a bad idea on his end.

I'm wondering if Dandy will find out somehow, and try to convince L Faba to help, though, that would take a lot of convincing and might not work. Plus, what Verena is asking, seems like something the sages would never agree to, she'd be way too powerful.
    @lone_cat Yeah, things sort of... escalated around here :D On the bright side, you've been able to skip right ahead through some of the cliffhangers :)
    Some really interesting and thoughtful theories there! It's definitely a really messy situation for everyone involved and I'm not sure if there's a way for anyone to come on top here... well, apart from Verena, she is very clearly winning right now!
    We check in on L Faba today, yay! No one? No? Fine, Dandy's in this too :D

Chapter 29: The Sprout's Will

0XUDlN7.jpg
    Chapter 29
    Well, then. That's two sages that Verena has beef with, now. Morgyn for Cordelia, and Faba probably for revenge for turning her into a gnome. Which is hilarious to me. XD I still don't like her but she earned points for that.

Seriously, though - Verena seems like the vindictive type, as well as the fact that she's a hundreds-of-years-old all-powerful vampire. Does she know how to get to Sylvan Glades? Because Dandelion is definitely in danger now, too. Argh, vampires! And to think that all of this could have been avoided if Morgyn hadn't been such a ****** and ignored Cordelia to go off to find his next conquest. :angry:
    J6AKQqX.jpg