Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Blackwell Chronicles (On Hiatus)

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Cordelia is growing on me. I like how she defended herself by thinking of Dandy. That's so considerate of her. L. Faba seems like she got caught with her foot in her mouth and hence her over-the-top retaliation. At least it was just the deliriate spell, though I think that spell is pretty nasty. Emotions in the real world are fragile. Hopefully it doesn't get too bad here.
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @mercuryfoam
    Oh I'm glad! Say what you will about Cordelia, she generally means well (L FAba would probably disagree haha). You're right, in the grand scheme of things there are worse spells L Faba could have used, though it's not ideal. Hopefully it won't have too much of a lasting impact on Cordelia - last thing she needs!
    Confession - today's teaser image has very little pertinence to what actually happens in the chapter. But I liked it, so, that's what I'm going with...

Chapter 14: Meddling

9efmDtu.jpg
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Chapter 14
    Well, at least Faba wasn't as horrible as I thought she was going to be. She avoided the flaming pitchforks... for now. >=( Still, it stinks that Dandy now believes Cordelia ditched him during the festival. I hope that's not going to cause problems in the future. Gah, I'm way too invested in lil' pancake elf. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message ๐Ÿ˜˜
    @DeafSimmer
    Emilia is a sweetheart, and Darrel's saving grace. He's not the most likeable bloke, but he does adore her, so he's got that going for him! :D

@_sims_Yimi
    Yes, looks like she didn't say anything too awful - that we know of :D And at least Dandy had a good time at the fair, right?
    Chapter 15
    Okay, that's it. You've broken me. I'm going into your sim world, and I'm spending all of the holidays with Dandy. Winter's crest and newyears and easter and all of the harvestfests. If you make me a sage, I'll turn Morgyn and L Faba into a pair of cacti while I'm at it. Ngggh, why is Dandy so adorable? :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message ๐Ÿ˜˜
    edited July 2020
    @_sims_Yimi
    Ok, I'm now fully expecting your simself to show up in my game, rock up in Sylvan Glade armed with a huge stack of pancakes and then lead an attack on Magic HQ with her newly acquired gnome army ๐Ÿ˜†
    edited July 2020
    @_sims_Yimi
    Ok, I'm now fully expecting your simself to show up in my game, rock up in Sylvan Glade armed with a huge stack of pancakes and then lead an attack on Magic HQ with her newly acquired gnome army ๐Ÿ˜†

Deal.
    07-13-20-9-05-51-AM.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi Bhahahaha you amazing human, this is fabulous (yet terrifying haha) :D:D:D<3
    @_sims_Yimi @ThePlumbob

I was going to ask if my simself can come attend the tea party but homg, those GNOMES! I will BURN every single one of those mess-creating evil creatures! I've always thought them litterbugs every Harvest festival. *converts simself to spellcaster and proceeds to learn Inferno*

I thought I was looking at Morgana at first :lol:
    @_sims_Yimi @ThePlumbob

I was going to ask if my simself can come attend the tea party but homg, those GNOMES! I will BURN every single one of those mess-creating evil creatures! I've always thought them litterbugs every Harvest festival. *converts simself to spellcaster and proceeds to learn Inferno*

I thought I was looking at Morgana at first :lol:

@mercuryfoam Guys, quit causing havoc in Dandy's meadow, that's exactly what the sages want :D:p

That totally explains where Morgana gets her resolve! :smile:
    @ThePlumbob Morgana gets her resolve from angry mess-creating Harvestfall gnome litterbugs? :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi Lol I meant from you, in response to Mercuryfoam's comment on how she thought your simself was Morgana. As in, Morgana is as determined as her creator :) As for the Harvestfall litterbug gnomes... I think Morgana has enough on her plate as is LMBO :D
    edited July 2020
    @ThePlumbob Morgana gets her resolve from angry mess-creating Harvestfall gnome litterbugs? :D
    I'm ded. My tears :joy:
    Guys, quit causing havoc in Dandy's meadow, that's exactly what the sages want
    @ThePlumbob I smell leak!!!! And I'm going to be childish and point fingers at Yimi. She started it with her gnome-loving ways. Next thing you know, she'll create a Society for the Promotion of Gnomish Welfare. (S.P.E.W S.P.G.W!)
    @_sims_Yimi Why does your simself have an army of gnomes??? We all know who to blame now every Harvestfest. Neatfr*aks unite with me. We need our own army!
    I'm ded. My tears :joy:
    Guys, quit causing havoc in Dandy's meadow, that's exactly what the sages want
    @ThePlumbob I smell leak!!!! And I'm going to be childish and point fingers at Yimi. She started it with her gnome-loving ways. Next thing you know, she'll create a Society for the Promotion of Gnomish Welfare. (S.P.E.W S.P.G.W!)
    @_sims_Yimi Why does your simself have an army of gnomes??? We all know who to blame now every Harvestfest. Neatfr*aks unite with me. We need our own army!

No leaks here, I've lost track of what's even happening haha! You guys have created a spin-off heh! It's a battle of the ages in this alternative Universe as Yimi and her gnome army from Sylvan Glade storm the Magic Realm while Mercuryfoam sets everything on fire. Meanwhile, somewhere far far away from here, the sprites are laughing diabolically with everyone's attention elsewhere...

Ahem. Just to clarify, none of this is canon, lol! I blame Monday. Mondays are weird.
    The eventful Harvestfest dinner is upon us.

Chapter 16: Dinner with the Charms

iWEGfES.jpg
    @DeafSimmer
    You're right, quite the tricky evening for her!
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member

@ThePlumbob

I did leave this comment on your blog but experienced a cacophony of errors when I posted it. Sorry if you've now read this twice... or a dozen times ๐Ÿ˜†
    That chapter was everything I was hoping for and more. What's a dinner without a great dose of awkwardness and deception?

Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
    Chapter 16
    Oof. Yeah, the finest of guests being the sages, that one we should have seen coming. With them being a spellcaster family and all. Still, poor Cordelia. She was sooooooo outmatched at that dinner table, with only Emilia and Grace being a modicum of nice towards her. I hope she can remember this day for the fun times with Dandy rather than the awkward dinner party afterwards... but that's usually not how memories work, is it? :sweat_smile:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @SnuffyBucket Oh dear, let me know if you keep having problems with comments - though commenting here totally works too :)
    Haha I'm glad it didn't disappoint. Yes, it was never going to be an easy-going night :D

@_sims_Yimi
    Oh yes. Turns out Darrel may have had a point when he said Cordelia joining may not be the best idea! I guess the silver lining (kind of) is that Cordelia has had a lot of crappy holidays in the past, so the part with Dandy might stand out more!