Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Freezer Bunny Club - A Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    6. So may I see that as ‘please go on with it’? :)
    Yes! That’s how I meant that, haha.

13. Oh yeah! Have you found out how you did it? I can make a little tutorial and post it here ^^
    Haven’t tried it yet, but there’s precious few kitchen cabinets in Camelot. I’m considering making a new family to play soon, though. Will try it out then =D

Wow, you finished gen 2 already?! We’re way behind of you then, haha. I look forward to seeing how it went!
    13. That's good! Let me know if you still need the little tutorial xD

Yessss you are xD The farther I am, the more hilarious it gets. But I like being ahead of you all because I want to have the option to rewrite some parts which didn't make sence first but now they actually do now that the generation is over.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    I just had a great idea for the award week (although it's still far away, there's a preparation time in it so better early than late). What do you guys think about a Short Story Award?

This is like a draft of how it works:
    Every Freezer Bunny Member writes a short story while taking some story conditions into account. Story conditions can be very different. The Story Conditions are chosen together. Examples of story conditions:
    - Minimum 2 people that appear in your own story must have a main role in the short story
    - Max length of the story: 1000 characters
    - Max pictures together with the story = 5

In the Award week, everyone should be done with their short story and then there will be a 1-week voting (same voting concept as Kev used, I really liked that concept :P). There will be a ranking where everyone gets a prize:
    - 6th place: Bronze
    - 5th place: Silver
    - 4th place: Ruby
    - 3th place: Gold
    - 2d place: Diamond
    - 1st place: Platinum

For the price itself I'm thinking of stealing your banner for a while and putting a medal in it :P Idk for sure.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @Skeilah Sounds fun, but I don't think I'll have much time for it. I'm starting my master's in September and it probably will be the busiest year yet, but you all can participate obviously!
  • Options
    Duvelina wrote: »
    @Skeilah Sounds fun, but I don't think I'll have much time for it. I'm starting my master's in September and it probably will be the busiest year yet, but you all can participate obviously!

I get that! It was just something funny in my head I wanted to share^^
  • Options
    ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Skeilah I really like that idea! I think having little prompts like that can lead to really cool results, and it’d be an awesome way to get creative with our stories and/or characters. I’m all for it!

(Also, I’ll have my answers to your discussion questions in the next day or two! Promise :flushed: )
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Oh wow. I've missed a lot. I'll have to try my characters too.

Also I'm working on catching up and replies, @Skeilah. It's been a busy week. I really enjoyed the last chapter I read with the house makeover. Or parts of it remodeled. And Brent with the lighthouse mystery. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    It’s only Thursday, you guys still have time^^ Please don’t rush it!

Im glad to read that you like it, @AdamsEve1231 😊
  • Options
    Questions 11-13
    11. How heartbroken were you when Ninja aged into an old dog and how heartbroken will you be when he’ll die? (just so I know how to deal with this because yeah, I can’t stop him from dying).

12. Alison, Ella and Oliver are now kids. They have a personality and I hope that those personalities reached you.
    a. Alison is the sweetest daughter in the world (although she was a difficult toddler and can be sneaky sometimes). She wants to help everyone as much as she can and is constantly trying to stop her siblings from misbehaving too much. Do you also get this impression of her?

b. Ella is a rebel. She’s very picky in everything, even when it comes to liking people (although she does like Oliver and Levi). Do you also get this impression of her?

c. Oliver is like the male version of Ella, but the big difference between them? He knows his limits (unlike Ella). He’s more like a curious social flower who wants to explore the different things the world has to offer, especially the world of music. Do you also get this impression of him?

13. When I learn new things, I have a habit of telling everyone about what I’ve learned (for example: the kitchen cabinets in chapter 1.28). What do you think of that? Should I just go on with it, or better leave it be?

11. I wasn't heartbroken at all. It's the cycle of life and I like Ninja but I'm not too attached myself. I can deal with pet death in The Sims, so you don't have to worry about me.

12a. Yes, I did get that impression. She comes across as really nice. I did notice her helping out around the house but not so much stopping her siblings from misbehaving. It was her and Ella who sneakily ate the cake, right?

12b. Yes, Ella seems to be the pouty kind. I think it's interesting how different she is from Alison and I wonder how this personality will work out when she ages.

12c. Not really. I don't think we've seen enough of him to distinguish his personality. I think it's possibly coloured in for you from future Oliver escapades.

13. I like how you insert yourself in the story. It's a thing you constantly do already with the likes of Brent, so it doesn't feel unnatural. It feels the same as including the renovations for me. It's fun.
  • Options
    Questions 14-16
    14. You haven’t seen him a lot, but what is your first impression on Levi? Same question for Dulce.

15. What do you think of the first draft of the restaurant?

16. Do you have any questions for me?

14. I can't remember Levi to be honest, but I do remember Dulce and I think she's so cute. I feel like we've seen more of her, otherwise I don't know why I can't remember Levi, hahaha.

15. I like it! I'm excited to see it change it when you actually start playing it and figure out what works best.

16. Based on the knowledge you had at this point in time, if you didn't have the heir rule, would you choose Oliver to be the next heir or would you rather choose one of the girls? Did you miss the girls when they had to move out and you had to continue on with just Oliver?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Questions 11-13
    11. I wasn't heartbroken at all. It's the cycle of life and I like Ninja but I'm not too attached myself. I can deal with pet death in The Sims, so you don't have to worry about me.

12a. Yes, I did get that impression. She comes across as really nice. I did notice her helping out around the house but not so much stopping her siblings from misbehaving. It was her and Ella who sneakily ate the cake, right?

12b. Yes, Ella seems to be the pouty kind. I think it's interesting how different she is from Alison and I wonder how this personality will work out when she ages.

12c. Not really. I don't think we've seen enough of him to distinguish his personality. I think it's possibly coloured in for you from future Oliver escapades.

13. I like how you insert yourself in the story. It's a thing you constantly do already with the likes of Brent, so it doesn't feel unnatural. It feels the same as including the renovations for me. It's fun.
    11. I'm glad you think of it that way. I was a little sad when it happened, but in the Sims you can still have the ghost running around the house so that makes it easier for me.

12a. Yay! Well, Alison is nice, but also sneaky sometimes ^^ Every kid has a sneaky side!

12b. She really is, but when she ages up, she'll mature (a little bit), hehe.

12c. That's true. I have everything in front of me so for me it's clear how Oliver is as a person, but he may be a little bit too young yet for you all to notice everything from his personality by now. In that case, I hope he grows to be the person I described him to be in the near future!

13. Thanks! That's nice to hear.
    Questions 14-16
    14. I can't remember Levi to be honest, but I do remember Dulce and I think she's so cute. I feel like we've seen more of her, otherwise I don't know why I can't remember Levi, hahaha.

15. I like it! I'm excited to see it change it when you actually start playing it and figure out what works best.

16. Based on the knowledge you had at this point in time, if you didn't have the heir rule, would you choose Oliver to be the next heir or would you rather choose one of the girls? Did you miss the girls when they had to move out and you had to continue on with just Oliver?
    14. I've heard it a lot by now that nobody really has an opinion about these two because they were not showed this much yet, but not remembering is something else xD But I can understand that. He was the red-haired little boy in the restaurant. Ella just began talking to him and so they became acquaintances. You'll see him later again!

15. Yay, that's nice to hear! The inside will change (not drastically in my eyes, but yeah, it'll change xD) but you'll have to wait for the restaurant to open a little bit longer.

16. That's a really though question. The reason I implemented this rule was because I didn't want to have almost all the same genders as heirs in this legacy. In general Ella is my favorite character of this generation and the three kids, but would she be a good future-DJ? (generation 2) I don't know. Maybe. I think I would've been struggling between Ella and Oliver, but Alison was out of the picture. She's not a good DJ XD Also, in this set-up you don't have long to make a decision for who you want to become the next heir. The first heir-trait is given when turning into a child, so I'm actually happy that I don't have this stress of 'who do I need to choose?!'

The girls got residence keys so they came to visit sometimes. When I thought about it, Oliver even traveled to visit their sisters. I had so much to do that I didn't really 'missed' them. Before you know it there are new kids wandering around, making their own story and then you just know that the non home living characters also have their own life and you don't share too much with them anymore.
  • Options
    Question for the group: What's your favourite pack to use while writing your story? And what pack do you barely use?

Right now, it's safe to say I barely use Vampires since I don't have any vampires in my story. My favourite pack is Get Together because I use the club feature so much and mostly everyone is situated in Windenburg.
  • Options
    With the MySims Legacy challenge I'm discovering every package. I still haven't tried every package but with this challenge I hope to do so in the future! So far I really like Cats & Dogs, Discover University and Dine Out. I don't have the Vampires pack yet because I'll only need it for my challenge in Generation... 14 or something xD I'll have it sooner than that for sure but for now I'm out of money for buying Sims packs xD
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,752 Member
    So far, Get Together for Windenburg and Outdoor Retreat for Granite Falls. The club gather option is super handy to get different groups of sims together quickly, too. I barely use Vampires and Cats&Dogs, either. Maybe you'll see pets at some point, but so far, my hands are full with just humans. :sweat_smile:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I really love Get Together. Windenburg is such a big world and really has everything. And recently I discovered just how useful clubs is.

I use Seasons frequently. Love the outfits and the weather options. I really like all the stuff that came with Tiny Living. I enjoy City Living too.

Right now I'm actively playing a stories in Sulani and Glimmerbrook so I'm playing with Island Living and Realm of Magic, but Glimmerbrook is so tiny that I'm spilling into Windenburg. :lol:

I probably play with Strangerville the least to be honest because it's a self contained story. I might eventually get around to it. :sweat_smile: Other neglected packs? Probably My First Pet Stuff and Get Famous.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    I stopped getting the packs after Jungle Adventure (my computer can't really deal with more... I need a new one :neutral: ), but I have all of them up until that one. I guess the ones I use the most are Get Together (K&GI S2 is set mostly in Windenburg and the clubs are almost essential to setting up the story), Outdoor Retreat (part of K&GI S2 is set in a made over Granite Falls), and City Life (because San Myshuno... is everything. haha). The ones I use the least are probably Get Famous (funny enough given the nature of my story, although I do like the influencer career... is that Get Famous?), Cats and Dogs, and Vampires (though I like the neighborhood it came with!). This just reminds me of how much I actually miss playing the game :( I need to upgrade to a new computer, pronto!
  • Options
    @Skeilah OK, I'm all caught up with Ridley Residence, I'll have some answers up soon! I just have to say, though, that I've had a blast getting back into the story. And, buff Liz... she's everything :lol:
  • Options
    @Skeilah Okay, questions time!
    1. Are there specific things in my writing style that changed for you (in a good or bad way)? If yes, why do you like or dislike the change?
    I haven't noticed any major changes. I noticed you've added in more commentary about things you've learned and some additional contextual things for other families (like L. Faba married to Mitchell Kalani, which just made me laugh for two reasons a) really? L? Mitchell of all people? I love seeing townies and how they decide to pair up, and b) he's a character in @ajamkeevin's Kev & Get It! You go, Mitchell! Marrying a spellcaster! :)
    2. Brent didn’t leave a good impression on everyone at first. Did your thoughts about Brent changed as the story went on? How do you look at Brent right now?

Honestly, I feel a bit neutral toward Brent. I do think he and Liz have a pretty healthy relationship and he's a good dad. He could help out around the house a little more. I like how he stands up to the narrator. Haha. You. It's just the right kind of snarky humor. :tongue: However, he still seems a little forgotten at times, and I would like to see more of his personality. His roles other than husband of the founder and dad. It was fun to see him and Liz get some alone time together for their "hot lunch date" in 1.31.
    3. What do you think about the family pictures I sometimes put in the beginning of a chapter?

Love them! It's nice to see the progress the family is making, especially with kids aging up.
    4. The two lovebirds became parents to 3 children. How do you think they’re handling it?

I think they're doing a pretty good job. It might be nice for them to have some more teachable moments, like talking to their kids about being less judgmental of others and more accepting. I mention it more below, but that's really bugging me about Ella. :frowning: They feel like realistic parents, even the scene I didn't like when Liz chewed out her kids for eating cake and called them a certain name. I can see a parent losing it every once in awhile with their kids. They aren't perfect and that's what makes them feel like a real family.
    5. I made a walkthrough for the City Living Recipes and the Experimental Food Prints. Did you find those useful? Should I do this more often for other generations when needed?
    I'm not 100% sure what you mean by walkthrough. However, I like hearing about the challenge. Sometimes I feel like it interrupts the flow of the story, but it's a personal preference thing, not a detriment to the story. So no worries. I like hearing all the nerdy and technical details.
    6. I have this habit of taking screenshots whenever I renovate something. Do you find this irritating or do you like to see the changes?
    I like seeing the progress you're making on the house. It's nice for me to visualize where everything is and how it all fits together. Nope, don't find it irritating at all. In fact, I really like it!
    7. Oliver loved Ella from the beginning, but Ella didn’t like Oliver at first. Eventually she got a liking to him and now they’re ready to face everything together. Do you think that Oliver would have a different personality if he chose Alison as his 'favorite' sister?

I didn't think this was all that different from normal siblings. I think it's pretty common for children to feel out of sorts with a new addition to the household, especially if they've grown accustomed to being the only child or the youngest child in Ella's case followed by Oliver. I also think it's quite common for younger children to emulate their older siblings or the sibling that's somewhat close in age to them. I'm not sure his personality really would've been much different. I haven't seen a lot of rebelliousness in Oliver yet and he does seem pretty responsible, which seems more like Alison than Ella to me, but perhaps I'm missing something.
    8. What do you think of Antonio and my personal tradition when it comes to first friends?
    I think it's sweet. It's an easy way to find a love interest in game for the kids. I like to try the organic way, but honestly it takes so long in TS4 to autonomously flirt/romance. I prefer the earlier Sims games for that. Antonio seems nice but we haven't really seen much of him yet.
    9. What do you think of muscular Liz? xD

Haha! You go, Liz!
    10. What did you think of the Lighthouse Adventure with Brent and Ninja? Did you read it or did you just skip it? Do you like this sort of mini stories in between the actual story, or do you like them to disappear as fast as they can?
    It would be fun to play through myself. I skimmed through it quickly, but it was definitely interesting. It was nice to see Brent finding a hobby and I'm sure the memories with Ninja are special since he brought the dog with him a few times if I remember. I'm okay with you sharing these side stories.
    11. How heartbroken were you when Ninja aged into an old dog and how heartbroken will you be when he’ll die? (just so I know how to deal with this because yeah, I can’t stop him from dying).
    I honestly don't remember Ninja aging up earlier, but I was really sad when he passed. He was a favorite character of mine in this story. It was so depressing when Liz called him for food as he lay dying. It was sweet and sad to see Ella mourning him so hard too. I didn't think you needed the spoiler alert at the beginning. Just a preference of mine. But he lived a full life and a happy one at that. I loved the painting though. What a beautiful way to memorialize such a wonderful addition to the Ridley family.
    12. Alison, Ella and Oliver are now kids. They have a personality and I hope that those personalities reached you.
    a. Alison is the sweetest daughter in the world (although she was a difficult toddler and can be sneaky sometimes). She wants to help everyone as much as she can and is constantly trying to stop her siblings from misbehaving too much. Do you also get this impression of her?

b. Ella is a rebel. She’s very picky in everything, even when it comes to liking people (although she does like Oliver and Levi). Do you also get this impression of her?

c. Oliver is like the male version of Ella, but the big difference between them? He knows his limits (unlike Ella). He’s more like a curious social flower who wants to explore the different things the world has to offer, especially the world of music. Do you also get this impression of him?

a) Alison seems like a responsible little girl. This is very fitting for the oldest child. I am an oldest child and I see a lot of myself in Alison, especially with feeling responsible for siblings and trying to keep the peace.
    b) Ella as a rebel is classic middle child syndrome. Haha. She did annoy me a bit with her instant dislike of Dulce. I know. Kids being kids, but to pre-judge someone like that isn't cool. She's got some of the better dialogue though at times. It was amusing when she insisted on having a red-haired friend. Haha. You've got good taste Ella. :tongue:
    c) I can't get over what a cutie Oliver is. He's such a beautiful little kid and I bet he'll be handsome as a teenager/adult.
    13. When I learn new things, I have a habit of telling everyone about what I’ve learned (for example: the kitchen cabinets in chapter 1.28). What do you think of that? Should I just go on with it, or better leave it be?

Did you mean the resizing tool? Yes, I learned about that just this year too. Haha. I love it when other Simmers share things that they learned. It's fun to learn new things and I find I am still learning about the game, most often when I see other gamers do or say something that I want to try.
    14. You haven’t seen him a lot, but what is your first impression on Levi? Same question for Dulce.

Dulce is a beautiful little girl. I thought she tried really hard to be nice to Oliver's sisters and she wasn't well received. I suppose this is normal for kids of that age to dislike what's different (with Dulce coming from a wealthy background), but still, it feels wrong to judge someone just because of their parent's income.

I love it! From the first glance, it looks so pretty and woodsy from the outside. Like a cozy family restaurant in the snowy mountains. I'll confess I was picturing a smidge of Swiss chalet too. Just need a fireplace. Haha.

Then I saw the inside... I like the neutrals again - the black and white. Not what I pictured for the decor, but it's nice. This is Liz's story, not mine. :lol: Love the sunken patio though.

Just out of curiosity, since the title of this story is Ridley Residence, will the kids keep Liz's name? Or just the heir? Did Brent change his name? I can't remember if you said so.

This is such a unique and interesting challenge. How are you enjoying the challenge aspects of it? You're in for the long haul. How do you feel at this point of the challenge? What have you enjoyed the most? What's been the hardest parts of the challenge? What are you most looking forward to?

What kind of restaurant are you planning to create for Liz?

Dulce says in 1.32 that she should've listened to her dad and stayed home. Is there more to that story than that? I know I was a bit harsh on Ella for judging Dulce, but are Dulce's parents judging the Ridleys? It would make me sad if they are, but surely would make some juicy drama later for our heir, Oliver, if Dulce is his love interest.

I'm really enjoying this story. I enjoy the meandering pace and how I feel like I'm witnessing a family grow and grow up in front of my eyes. I could see Liz and I being good friends, especially with our mutual love for international food. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 finally getting to your questions! :D
    1. I actually didn't know that it was that typical Mitchell being a contestant in Kev&Get it so that was a nice surprise xD

2. He doesn’t admit it, but he actually likes that I’m around (angel)

3. Yay!

4. Yeah, you’re right about that, but it’s sooooo hard to think about these things while you’re playing such a hectic game like this. When the day is over, it’s really over. I can’t go back to make more screenshots because I forgot something. That’s maybe the only ‘bad’ side on this challenge: everything goes sooooo fast.

5. Oh, it could be that you just haven’t noticed the walkthroughs. They are blue links in the right side balk where the challenge goals are. They give more explanation on the challenge goal itself while helping to reach the challenge goal. But yay because you like the nerdy and technical details!

6. Same! I love to see how the house started and how it looks like now. It’s sooooo much better xD

7. Thanks for your input on this one! Indeed, Oliver is a sweet child now, but yeah, who know’s when that’s going to change :P

8. I like easy ways :P I also like surprises and I definitely didn’t think that someone like Antonio would show up to be part of the family, but that’s what I like about this little tradition of mine^^ And really, I think Alison and Antonio really fit together in their own way. Where I am in the game, they have 3 children and the oldest one is now a teenager and man, I don’t know how they did it, but that teenager is good looking!!
    9. Yeah!!

10. That’s good to hear! I really liked playing the Lighthouse story but I could imagine that people wouldn’t be this interesting in it, but well, it was part of the story after all and I’m glad everyone got at least the big picture. That’s really enough for me.

11. I definitely mentioned it, but not with a birthday notification :P just an old and grey Ninja xD Oh yeah, Liz calling him for food was really…

12a. I’m also the oldest one at home so maybe you’re right about that :P I also felt like the responsible one while my brother was more like “I can do anythingggggggg and my sister will fix ittttt!” xD

12b. Ella will be better when she grows up, but she’ll keep her ‘big mouth’ where she just says things before thinking about the impact. I really like playing her (she’s actually my favorite character this generation). Ella indeed has good taste!

12c. Ahhhh, Oliver will be blushing for sure if he hears this compliment!

13. I actually meant the kitchen cabinets which can change looks (corner cabinets, long cabinets, short cabinets, normal cabinets, end cabinets, …) but the resizing tool is also something I learned about not toooo long ago. I always need to change the layout of my keyboard if I want to use the resize tool (because my keyboard doesn’t have the [] as main keys, they are hidden somewhere in a combination) so that’s sad, but I still use it often ^^

14. Dulce is really beautiful, yes! And you’re totally right.

15. Hehe, the outside indeed looks like a chalet xD I just love wood combined with something more modern, so maybe a little bit of my personal taste went into that restaurant, hehe.

16. The ones living in the Ridley Residence will keep the Ridley name, but Alison’s and Ella’s names changed to their partners one. Oliver and spouse will both have the Ridley name since they are going to live in the Ridley Residence after Liz and Brent. Brent changed his name. First I forgot to do so, so when Liz and Brent got married, Liz suddenly was named Liz Hecking and I only found out when Alison was born and she was named Alison Hecking xD Well, I changed all of that really quickly. Brent also has the Ridley name now, yes.

Thank you! Although it’s been rough sometimes with keeping track of the actual story, it’s been a lot of fun and I’m enjoying every bit of it. I love that I now have the chance to explore every single pack of the sims while playing this challenge. Because the rules are not strict at all, I also have my freedom to play the way I like most and that what keeps this challenge so interesting for me personally. The hardest part for sure is baby/toddler stage. If that’s done, I’m okay again. xD I’m looking forward to the moment where generation 1 ends and generation 2 starts. I’m always in for changes!

I don’t know if I’m going to make this a big deal in the story itself, but since Dulce is the youngest one at home, Geoffrey is really protective over her. It’s not that he has something against the Ridleys. He just doesn’t give her as much as freedom as she may have wanted, and when she goes out and things don’t go as she hoped, she’s like ‘I should’ve listened to my dad and stayed home where it’s safe’, something like that. She’s… Rather insecure about herself and daddy is everything. Does that make sense?

I’m happy to read that you like the story! Maybe we should just summon Liz to the real world so you can actually be friends with her. She would love to meet you too! Thank you for your answers! I had a blast reading them.
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Question for the group: What's your favourite pack to use while writing your story? And what pack do you barely use?

What a fun question. And I'm so late to the party lol. I use Get Famous, City Living and magic pack the most. Del Sol Valley has the greatest display of economic disparity among its residents. A bit of deco/lighting tweaks make Mirage park look like seed town, perfect for my story.

I don't use the vampire pack at all.
  • Options
    I'm really enjoying this reading circle. I appreciate how everyone is active and engaged, and really love all your stories for different reasons. I feel honored to be part of Freezer Bunnies. <3

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 that’s really wonderful to read! I feel the very same way :blush:
  • Options
    _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,752 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Same here! It's been a lot of fun together with all of you. :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • Options
    Same. It feels like you’ve been good friends of mine for quite a time now, although you’re all so far away (ah well, guess some live closer than others xD)
  • Options
    Ahhh the perils of having no internet! Sorry @Skeilah for taking so long to get to responding, but I’ve been thinking about Ridley Residence for a few days and I can finally sit down and answer the discussion questions! Love the Ridleys :heart:
    1. Are there specific things in my writing style that changed for you (in a good or bad way)? If yes, why do you like or dislike the change?
    I think your writing has become more polished as the chapters go on. At first, it was very descriptive and that was the main point of it, but as time has gone along and you’ve gotten more comfortable with the story, I really feel like you’ve hit your stride. Your writing, though obviously still descriptive given the genre of your story, is fun, weaved with lots of humor that is so nice to read, you’ve imbued your characters with so much personality thanks to the increased dialogue and interactions, and I really feel like you’ve gone above and beyond just presenting the chronological events in your challenge. You’ve created a story that is warm and funny and full of personality, and this shines through your writing. I love how you’ve made what could be a simple “this happens, and then this happens, and then that happens” kind of story into one that’s so much more than just that. I think your writing is the main thing responsible for that.

2. Brent didn’t leave a good impression on everyone at first. Did your thoughts about Brent changed as the story went on? How do you look at Brent right now?
    Well, I think I was one of Brent’s fans from the get-go, and honestly he’s grown on me even more since the first week of discussion. He’s kind, funny, kind of grumpy but in a cute way, and sassy. He’s also a great dad, I think, and his adventures with Ninja are just adorable. You’ve done a great job of fleshing him out and I love him so much as a character! Currently he is my favorite character in Ridley Residence. Also, his painting of Ninja was :cry:

3. What do you think about the family pictures I sometimes put in the beginning of a chapter?
    I really like them! It’s a great way to see how the family is growing and changing as time goes by. I think it’s also a good visual way to see where we are in the story. And as the story continues, I think it will be bittersweet to see the Ridleys grow, and disappear from the picture. I like this visual element, please keep it up!

4. The two lovebirds became parents to 3 children. How do you think they’re handling it?
    They’re obviously not always 100% on; having three young kids is a tough job, so I completely understand that they’re tired and irritable at times. However, I do think Liz and Brent are good parents. There was a moment where Liz chewed Alison and Ella out for eating the cake, and that was kind of surprising because we had never seen her get so angry, but then later, when Ella was feeling insecure and unsure of where she stood with her mom, Liz was so kind and made the experience a learning one, a d I thought you wrote that well and to me it showed that Liz is a good mom. Brent is also a good dad, he’s very good at making time for his kids and I never get the impression he’s just doing it out of obligation; he really seems to love those kids! I’m a fan of Liz and Brent as parents.

5. I made a walkthrough for the City Living Recipes and the Experimental Food Prints. Did you find those useful? Should I do this more often for other generations when needed?
    I liked the walkthrough! I’ve never really collected the recipes or prints and your walkthrough is useful if I ever want them. I say, keep making them if you wish, and I’ll definitely use them sometime.

6. I have this habit of taking screenshots whenever I renovate something. Do you find this irritating or do you like to see the changes?
    No, not irritating at all! I actually really love that you pay attention to these details. The Ridley Residence is just as much a character as the Ridley Family, and I appreciate that you show how the home changes as the family grows and grows up. Please continue showing these changes! I also really like seeing TS4 builds so those sections of your story scratch that itch :wink:

7. Oliver loved Ella from the beginning, but Ella didn’t like Oliver at first. Eventually she got a liking to him and now they’re ready to face everything together. Do you think that Oliver would have a different personality if he chose Alison as his 'favorite' sister?
    Oooh, good question. I think Alison and Ella are certainly different from each other and since Oliver and Ella are closer in age I love them as a dynamic duo, especially now that Alison is a teenager. I think Oliver is very sensitive and sweet, and I think he would have had a really tough time if he was still a child while Alison had alreadyd aged up. This will happen when Ella ages up as well, but I think their extended time together as the kids of the family will be such a boon to Oliver especially and I’m glad he and Ella are thick as thieves now. I look at this relationship this way because it reminds me a little of my little brother and I; our two older siblings “aged up” much earlier than us two, so I was so happy to have my little bro as my best friend throughout my childhood, and he feels the same (we’re still best friends!). So, I love seeing Ella and Oliver have this brother-sister relationship. (Sorry, this doesn’t quiiiiiiite answer the question as you asked it, but I went on that tangent and now I’m stuck :flushed: )

8. What do you think of Antonio and my personal tradition when it comes to first friends?
    Antonio is nice! I like that he and Alison got along so well from the beginning and that he was so sweet to her. Childhood sweethearts for the win! And I like your tradition of first friends being the chosen soulmates in most cases, it provides for some very nice lifelong storytelling opportunities in your Sims’ lives.

9. What do you think of muscular Liz? xD
    I’ve mentioned this before but, uh, I’m an uberfan of muscular Liz. I stan our muscly queen! She makes me giggle when she’s just standing there, flexin’ those rock-hard arms n’ gams. Yassss muscly mama!

10. What did you think of the Lighthouse Adventure with Brent and Ninja? Did you read it or did you just skip it? Do you like this sort of mini stories in between the actual story, or do you like them to disappear as fast as they can?
    I enjoyed it! I haven’t gone on many adventures like this in my own game so it’s cool to see them play out with characters I enjoy reading about. I read the whole thing and even though the Lighthouse story itself wasn’t as thrilling as I wished it was, I enjoyed it and I’ll be looking forward to more moments like this in your story!

Old boye Ninja is adorable in a different way than young pupper Ninja was, very distinguished and dignified, and I love him. I’m sad just thinking about his passing.... funny how we can get attached to pixels, but I truly did feel sad when he passed away! Love you forever Ninja :cry:

I do, somewhat. I think because she’s the eldest child, she’s been placed in this spot where she has to be the example to follow, especially since Brent and Liz lead such busy lives. I think Alison does a good job at being a good older sister. There are some moments where she shines in this role, like when she and Ella do their homework together, or when she spends hours doing her project (this shows she’s a responsible kid and a good example to follow). I like Alison.

Oh, yes. Especially since she was so annoyed with Oliver when he was born and it took her some time to warm to him. However, I do feel like Ella is fiercely loyal when she loves someone and that is a great personality trait to have. She’s a good sister.

I do! I loooove all the screenshots with him playing his violin, or when he was a toddler and smearing paint everywhere. He’s a curious little thing and as the heir I think this will be an awesome trait to develop and explore even more as time goes along. I’m a huuuuge fan of Oliver and I’m so excited for his time to come as the head of the family because he’s such a nice character to follow.

I love reading it! I also end up learning things, like the cabinet thing, and I like these little asides in the story. They’re fun for me so
    I really don’t mind them.

I like them both. I don’t know much about Levi yet, but from what I can remember I liked his personality and how he was so straightforward with Ella, and I luuuuuv his name. Dulce as well, she’s sweet (ehehehehhe there’s that pun again OK I’ll stop :relaxed: ); I was sad to see Ella and Alison being rude to her at the beginning but it’s normal to be kind of mean sometimes when you’re a kid and I hope they grow out of that and become nicer to her because I think Dulce is a cutie and a sweetheart. I’m looking forward to both her and Levi’s roles getting bigger.

It’s awesome! I’m sure it will be renovated, possibly multiple times, as Liz learns more about being a restauranteur, but for a first draft it’s quite charming and cozy! I love the whole woodsy feeling I get from it, and the screenshots in the snow are lovely. I forget, did you/Liz name the restaurant already?

- I know you’re far ahead in your playthrough of the challenge; when you write, how does it feel to come back to these earlier points of your story knowing how things will go for the Ridleys in the future?
    - Do you have a personal favorite character in your story? I think you do a good job at fleshing them all out and not playing favorites with them, so I’m curious to know which one of them is your fave!
    - Are you ready to write all the teenage escapades I’m sure those three rambunctious rascals will have? Haha.
    - Also, this is sad but, will there be another pupper coming along to fill the gap good boyo Ninja will leave behind? I know you said Ella is a cat lover (Ella? I think) so maybe a good kitty?

I’ve said this many times, but I’m so into the Ridleys’ story! I really love what you’ve done with the challenge and I’m super excited to continue following them on their journey through the challenge and life. Great job. :heart:
  • Options
    @ajamkeevin I’ll get to your questions tomorrow, but thank you!! ❤️

@everyone I had a blast reading all of your responses to my questions and I’m going to use everything to make the Ridley Residence even greater. Thank you all for taking the time to read the story and another massive thank you for all the compliments. I cant wait to dig in your stories again and answering your questions. You’re all fantastic 🥰