Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you take sick stray dog to the vet?

Hello. I know how to take my own dog to the vet - but if you see a stray sick dog, is there a way to take it to the vet? Or is your only choice to adopt it first?

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It would be very weird if you could snatch someone else’s dog just to take them to a vet lol
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I wish there was a way. There are people who care for stray animals in the real world, and there should be a way to do it in game. But there isn't. There are mods out there, like this one so you don't have a bunch of sick animals everywhere:

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175411104103/no-sick-dirty-sad-and-hungry-cats-dogs-npcs
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    It would be very weird if you could snatch someone else’s dog just to take them to a vet lol

@chazzzy lol. You could always carry wellness treats, great the animal and give it them. Be prepared to have a lot on hand. :)

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I tried this too, I took it to the vet but it wouldn't let me check it in. I bought a wellness treat from the machine, an ambrosia treat for good measure and gave him both. Then I sent my sim home, went into debug and got 20 more for her inventory.
  • Options
    ReflectedLightReflectedLight Posts: 425 Member
    It's what you'd do if you find a lost dog - bring them to such a place so the owners could even find them. But since it's lost and you don't know how the owner is, would be nice to take such dogs to the vet.
    Thanks for the top on wellness treat.
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    You could buy the thing you can craft wellness treats with and make taking care of strays part of your sim’s story.
  • Options
    l0keyrosel0keyrose Posts: 71 Member
    testingcheats on then press with it on shift ''Add to family'' and then go to the vet :joy: thats what I do always
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    You could adopt it then take it to the vet then put it up for adoption ( under hire a service )
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    @Cavapoo_King I tried that once but then my sim got the sad moodlet from the adoption.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls