Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars Leak?!?

Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
{Disclaimer: This is SPECULATION, NOT CONFIRMED}

Recently close to the release of the Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Stream, there was a tweet released prior that leaked several things we had just learned about in the stream. Firefighters, apartments, and other things were leaked and later confirmed in the tweet. Some people were happy for the leak meanwhile others were bitter about it. Eventually the source of the leak was forced into silence by blackmail, and left us with a final unconfirmed leak. Given the credibility of the previous leak, this one is very possible especially it being something long wanted in the sims. There are NPC cars in the sims, and for the most part usable roads so this is a possibility. Let me know what you think down below: Think we might possibly get cars or is this just another rumor?

Comments

• Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    Dropping the tweet in comments:
    edited May 2020
    https://twitter.com/SimsCommuniTea/status/1264611033186029569?s=20

"As a last goodbye ( for now ) we can tell you this: the developers have been working on cars for over a year. Cars will be released this fiscal year as a free update for Base Game."
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Lol @ “forced into silence by blackmail”.

This was mentioned in another thread up here too. I would love for them to be correct but it’s anyone’s guess. I believe nothing without sources.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I personally believe it. I mean why not? Sims 2 had it in a closed world so it's not so unbelievable that we could get them. People are desperately asking for them. And the desperate askers tend to get what they want :D

I wonder who this person was dropping all this stuff though and why😅😅😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    oh okay, so they were forced into silence through blackmail and had a bunch of bitter people on their account? yeah, so im not believing this tweet at all now, they probably said that just to screw with us.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    oh okay, so they were forced into silence through blackmail and had a bunch of bitter people on their account? yeah, so im not believing this tweet at all now, they probably said that just to screw with us.

Lol right? It’s so dramatic.

Well. We don’t know the full story, because it wasn’t given, but that’s what I heard. The previous leaks were true soo I don’t think they are. Cars has been desperately asked for so even if it doesn’t come in the timeframe it’s just a matter of time.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited May 2020
    EA’s 2020 fiscal year ended in March though😬😬, could they possibly mean the end of the year instead
    Edit: NVM, I read it wrong
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

I believe it might be legit. This same person leaked apartments,firefighters etc but im also taking it with a grain of salt. I hope very much it's true and it will happen sooner then later.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I just hope it's not the same fool who leaked "Country Living" :D:D We all know how well that went....
    bixters wrote: »
    I just hope it's not the same fool who leaked "Country Living" :D:D We all know how well that went....

This is a different person.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Cars would be awesome!! but then we need garages :|
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Patrice wrote: »

Garage SP in the works?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Aren't there more important things than cars? Like babies? Horses? Spiral staircases? Close dancing?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Yes, there are more important things than cars for me, but not the things you listed. There are so many other things I would prefer.

To answer the OPs question, I'm sure that cars will be coming at some point since cars were even shown in the arrival trailer. Just search Youtube for the Sims 4 arrival trailer. The trailer shows many of the things that were already added.

Garages will most likely be included on the same day we get cars.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Yeah Cars, Other Vehicles & Garages must come before the end of The Sims 4.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    True. Or at least garage doors.

Garages will most likely be included on the same day we get cars.

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Wouldn't you be expected to build your own garages?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Aren't there more important things than cars? Like babies? Horses? Spiral staircases? Close dancing?
    For me none of those things are more important than cars though I'd put babies at the same level of importance as cars as both should of been done right and in the base game. Everyone drives or uses transportation in some form not everyone has a horse or spiral staircases and with Sims 4 being set in a modern world something as basic as cars is very important.

I really hope this rumor ends up being true was this not a survey option awhile back it needs to happen.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"

I'm hoping they would throw in some prebuilt garages into build mode.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I'm hoping they would throw in some prebuilt garages into build mode.

Yes that be kind of odd if they didn't
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I think they're equally important.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited June 2020

No the most important is the BUNK BED
    After Apartment, University, Parenthood and Tiny House I don't understand how it's possible this object is still missing.

Honestly the Car gameplay is as fun as an elevator, I mean "Jump in the car" -> Loading screen -> "Jump out of the car"... Nothing fun.

• AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member

No the most important is the BUNK BED
    After Apartment, University, Parenthood and Tiny House I don't understand how it's possible this object is still missing.

Honestly the Car gameplay is as fun as an elevator, I mean "Jump in the car" -> Loading screen -> "Jump out of the car"... Nothing fun.

Yea I honestly don't see the point unless they're talking about at least opening homes/neighborhoods up.