Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ridley Residence [Chapter 5.32 - 30.07.2023]

Comments

• _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Skeilah wrote: Β»
    Chapter 1.9 is out!

I love how poor Brent is having none of your Watcher-creeping :D I don't think I've ever had a sim try to deny the fundamental workings of the game before. That's some fourth-wall breaking right there :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Chapter 1.10 is out! I also re-opened the comment section on my blog (I actually don't know anymore why it was closed hahaha but I sure had a reason for it).
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    So you are really ahead! My prediction that the first kid was going to be a boy is incorrect. You seemed to make some good progress on the recipes but now you've only got the Taquitos one, right? Sad how it works that way. You don't want your sim to get fat either, so that's quite a few different meals you have to fully finish before you get the recipe.
    @Duvelina
    Theehee :P I was wondering how you would react when you found out the first baby wasn't the one in the banner :D I am really ahead :P Yeah, I only got the Taquitos one and I'm going to have a fat Liz xD
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    All caught up! :smile:
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    What an amazing challenge! Bookmarked and following! :smiley:
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • ajamkeevinajamkeevin Posts: 278 Member
    I'm all caught up! Just some thoughts~
    Brent is hilarious. I know Liz is meant to be the main character, but Brent (and Ninja!) is stealing the show for me! I can't wait to see how Liz and Brent keep trying for a male heir, but it seems like Liz is doing a good job on the other goals of the challenge so far.
    Thank you all! <3

Chapter 1.11 is out!
    I can see on the right side of the page underneath 'Goals' that all 27 recipes have been unlocked and that the collection is completed, but we're not that far into the story yet, right? Could you maybe update those alongside the actual updates? Since you're so far ahead, it wouldn't be uncommon that you completed all the goals but us, as readers, still don't know, at a glance, which goals have been completed now.

On to the actual update.

Lock the door, people! The dog coming in to watch you woohoo in the shower is just too much. πŸ˜‚
    @Duvelina Thanks for the tip! I've never actually thought about that, hehe. I've updated it to where the story is published so you can easily follow!
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    :no_mouth:
    Omg another kid. Im getting anxious just reading about this. Big families scare the bejewellery out of me.

Dat naughty dog.😏
    @mercuryfoam
    Hahahaha, I actually like big families. Only the toddler stage in the beginning is something to bite my tongue on but after that it’s allright ^^
    I'm all caught up. I love this challenge. What fun! I think it's cool that you're doing such an ambitious challenge.
    P.S. Ninja keeps stealing the scenes. What a cutie!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231 Thank you! <3

---

Chapter 1.12 is out!
    Wow, Brent, you're not supposef to comment on a lady's weight! Luckily Liz wasn't butt hurt (couldn't help the pun, sorry).
    I also notice you're inserting yourself more into the story with the conversations. I like it! It builds personality.
    And awww, Ninja next to Alison on the ground. πŸ₯°
    @Duvelina
    I'm a girl myself and I haven't even thought about 'could that be too mean to say?' because I was also super into it hahahahah oops. That pun :D:D

I actually like to be part of it myself so I'm glad you also like it!

Ninja is just the most adorable thing in the world. <3
    1.12 yay a new chapter!
    I feel like we're getting to know you with all the commentary.

Liz you're preggo! Of course you're going to gain weight! Your butt isn't that bad. Alison is a cutie. Like her room. And awww Ninja, ever the protector!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231
    is getting to know me by my comments a good or a bad thing? πŸ˜…
    Skeilah wrote: Β»
    @AdamsEve1231
    is getting to know me by my comments a good or a bad thing? πŸ˜…
    Oh it's a good thing!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Chapter 1.13 is out!
    Oh, noooo, Ninja ran away! I felt so sad for Alison, looking for Ninja everywhere. I'm glad he came back that same day still. Also, Brent is redeeming himself for me a little bit. He's a great father to Alison.
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Aw heck, the parts with Alison going to look for Ninja downstairs even though everyone knew he wasn't there, were genuinely heartbreaking :'( I'm so glad he came home safely. Is it possible for pets to never come back? :anguished:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • SimmerOfAgesSimmerOfAges Posts: 97 Member
    edited June 2020
    @_sims_Yimi I think all pets come home eventually, except those that are for some reason sucked into a black hole and their pfp is grayed out... MY POOR LITTLE CAT!!!'

Edit: Seriously? They disappeared into a black hole, I'm not saying something is bad!
    Post edited by SimmerOfAges on
    My gallery ID is BrynnasaurousRex, as is my YouTube channel
    @Skeilah
    Noooooooo! Ninja!! :'( I really dislike how pets run away so easily in game. It's not like their needs aren't being met. And in reality, if you lock your doors, how do those pets get out??

Also toddler training in game is rough. Only... real toddler training is way worse. :lol:

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @Duvelina Yeah I also felt super sad for Alison but at first I missed Ninja much more myself. I literally screamed at my screen "Ninja, come backkkkk!!!!!!!". I'm also glad to hear your 'new' opinion about Brent. He's really trying his best!

@_sims_Yimi yeah, right?! Alison so sad. I don't know if pets ever don't come back... I don't have the Cats & Dogs EP that long and this is actually the first time having a dog in the household/experimenting with how this works. I do think they always come back.

@SimmerOfAges RIP cat.

@AdamsEve1231 Yeah, I was so chocked when he just walked out and I couldn't do anything but stare. He has a great home at the Ridleys! Hehe I don't know about toddler training in real life because I'm a little too young for that (ah well, I'm 23 so it's possible but I'm still studying so not the ideal timing hehehehe). I do agree with toddler training in game being rough, but I'm still doing it because of the Happy Toddler trait. All worth it!