*logo by alexis3142
I've been wanting to do a Legacy Challenge for some time now, but not 'just' a Legacy Challenge. I bumped into this MySims Legacy Challenge
and I thought this variant was really challenging (and not continuously the same like my 100 Baby Challenge which I practically gave up. It still exist but I just don't want to play )For the MySims-part:
For the Legacy-part: I'll play like this.
- I'm going to play the whole Challenge (=20 generations).
- Every chapter stands for 1 Simday. Every Generation will have around 50 chapters (so be prepared).
- Heir and spouse may use the Potion of Youth once in their lifetime (so they can still grow old together). After drinking the potion, this rule will only be useable again when you start to play with the next Generation (=new heir and new spouse).
- The older Generation moves out as soon as all Generation Goals are completed.
- I must have completed the MySims trophies Collection at the end of Generation 20, or else the challenge isn't done.
- Gender Law - Strict Equality: The founder may be of either gender. However, only children of the opposite gender to the founder are eligible to be named heir. This repeats itself for the next generation (the next heir must be a different gender than the previous heir) so that each generation will have alternating-genders as heirs.
- Bloodline Law - Traditional: Children who are naturally born from the previous generation are eligible to be named heir. Adopted children are ineligible to be named heir unless there are no naturally born children, at which point they become eligible for that generation.
- Heir Law - The oldest, by order of joining the family, eligible living child is named heir.
- Lifespan - Normal
- No restarting after bad events. This is probably my favorite (not)
- No moving out from the house once you begin. You may renovate the house, but you can't move out
- Boy- of girlfriends from the heir may not suddenly move in. In order to move in, the boy- or girlfriend needs to become the (primary) spouse. Spouses may not bring any money with them when they move in
In order to complete a generation, the heir has to complete the Generation Rules (I call them 'Goals'). Goals are different for every generation. I'm not going to sum them all up in this thread (that's going to take too long). You can read everything in alexis3142's thread, but when you're reading a chapter, you can also find the goals for that specific generation on the right side.Generations and Chapters
You can find all the published chapters in the second comment of this thread. Be sure to check it out!
I hope you like the story! Here's Chapter 1 for everyone to warm up.