March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Ridley Residence [Chapter 5.32 - 30.07.2023]

SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
Welcome!

This is a Legacy Challenge based on the MySims Legacy Challenge from @alexis3142. The challenge is very simple to understand an fun to play, cause every generation is totally different!

I play with my own 'MySims Legacy' rules:

For the MySims-part:
  • I'm going to play the whole Challenge (=20 generations).
  • Every chapter stands for 1 Simday. Every Generation will have around 50 chapters (so be prepared).
  • Heir and spouse may use the Potion of Youth once in their lifetime (so they can still grow old together). After drinking the potion, this rule will only be useable again when you start to play with the next Generation (=new heir and new spouse).
  • The older Generation moves out as soon as all Generation Goals are completed.
  • I must have completed the MySims trophies Collection at the end of Generation 20, or else the challenge isn't done.

For the Legacy-part: I'll play like this.
  • Gender Law - Strict Equality: The founder may be of either gender. However, only children of the opposite gender to the founder are eligible to be named heir. This repeats itself for the next generation (the next heir must be a different gender than the previous heir) so that each generation will have alternating-genders as heirs.
  • Bloodline Law - Traditional: Children who are naturally born from the previous generation are eligible to be named heir. Adopted children are ineligible to be named heir unless there are no naturally born children, at which point they become eligible for that generation.
  • Heir Law - The oldest, by order of joining the family, eligible living child is named heir.
  • Lifespan - Normal
  • No restarting after bad events. This is probably my favorite (not)
  • No moving out from the house once you begin. You may renovate the house, but you can't move out
  • Boy- of girlfriends from the heir may not suddenly move in. In order to move in, the boy- or girlfriend needs to become the (primary) spouse. Spouses may not bring any money with them when they move in

Goals
In order to complete a generation, the heir has to complete the Generation Rules (I call them 'Goals'). Goals are different for every generation. I'm not going to sum them all up in this thread (that's going to take too long). You can read everything in alexis3142's thread, but when you're reading a chapter, you can also find the goals for that specific generation on the right side.

Generations and Chapters
You can find all the published chapters in the second comment of this thread, but you can also follow my Sims 4 Instagram account to stay updated on new chapters: @skeilah_TS4

Thanks for checking this thread out, please leave a comment if you like the story!
koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
Post edited by Skeilah on

Comments

• SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited May 2022
    FFi2wVn.png
    *logo by alexis3142

Right-click on one of the banners and choose 'Open link in New Tab' to go to the first chapter of that generation. It's always easier to open it in a new tab, so you don't lose this page. You can navigate to the other chapters from the website.
    0F6yd6i.png

wgLYMVS.png

6n4Zk1f.png

3gs4ebo.png

ioGstDU.png
    Post edited by Skeilah on
    edited May 2020
    You guys are lucky because it's already Thursday! Feel free to leave a comment behind in this topic :) I'd like to know what you think!

Chapter 1.2
    edited May 2020
    Chapter 1.3 is out!
    Chapter 1.4 is out!
    Chapter 1.5 is out!
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Oh, wow! Your founder is randomized, but she's so pretty! They always turn into abominations when I try to randomize them in CAS. And Ninja is totally adorable! Poor guy, in a bed that's still waayyy too big for him. I hope he grows into it soon :) Taking a peek at 1.5, it looks like he did!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi Thanks! I think I just got lucky there, but you haven't seen her while eating all those Food Stall Dishes :') The only thing I'm struggling with is that Liz gains weight so easy and you'll see it in her face immediately. Besides that, I actually think the randomnizer did a good job!

I love Ninja too! I'm so glad Liz adopted him <3

Also, it's Saturday today so that means: Chapter 1.6 is out!
    Chapter 1.7 is out!
    Skeilah wrote: »
    Chapter 1.7 is out!
    Brent is such a dog lover that he can't bear to part with the fetch ball :D
    I wonder if pregnancy is harder on some sims that others, or if it's the same for everyone?
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    edited June 2020
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Brent is such a dog lover that he can't bear to part with the fetch ball :D
    I wonder if pregnancy is harder on some sims that others, or if it's the same for everyone?
    Hahahaha! Oh, that's what it is! I really had a hard time to let him drop the ball.

I don't know for sure actually, but it would be great because every woman in reality is also acting different on pregnancies. She didn't get sick anymore after the pregnancy, so it COULD be (I'm ahead in the game hahahahah)
    Chapter 1.8 is out!
    I used to love eating applesauce out of a tiny bowl as a kid. It was a sort of comfort food. Aaaaand also I was probably a pretty weird kid. :D You do you, Brent! You have an applesauce ally in me!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    I used to love eating applesauce out of a tiny bowl as a kid. It was a sort of comfort food. Aaaaand also I was probably a pretty weird kid. :D You do you, Brent! You have an applesauce ally in me!

@_sims_Yimi yeah but kid versus young adult :P I can imagine kids doing that. All kids are weird :P
  • SimmerOfAgesSimmerOfAges Posts: 97 Member
    edited June 2020
    I just started my legacy challenge, the 'lite' version. I'm planning on playing more than 10 generations, though. I like managing their everyday lives and I actually have Simoleons left over after bill day! Like, 11,000. Johnny got promoted fast! I have two children... Zoe and Kali. Zoe is my hier. (Female, can be adopted or directly related to matriarch, and First born) I'm having fun. I've enjoyed reading your challenge! And I think that Ninja is super cute!
    Post edited by SimmerOfAges on
    My gallery ID is BrynnasaurousRex, as is my YouTube channel
    @Skeilah how many chapters are you into your challenge?
    @SimmerOfAges Do you write about it like me? I’d like to read yours :)

I’m way ahead in my game. My first Generation is finished and has 53 sub-chapters. Liz did use the Potion of Youth so if a generation doesn’t need to use it, it will be more like 40.
    @Skeilah I could only find up to chapter 1.8 in your blog. And today I'm working on making a website to post it as well, though I'm not doing it quite like you. I'm not doing points, and I'm not requiring things to finish the gen, either. It's called the 'lite' version of the legacy challenge. :)
    @SimmerOfAges Hehe, that's right. You can only find up to chapter 1.8 because the rest isn't published yet :) 1.9 will come out later today, just a little more patience!

I'm so exited to see your website!!! Let me know if it goes online! I'm also not doing points but instead of points I do the requiring-things. I like it that way more :) You must do what you like best, and I can't wait to see it!
    Chapter 1.9 is out!
    Yay! I found a place that's free to develop my posts. I will be posting later today. I look forward to reading chapter 1.9!
    edited June 2020
    I just posted the first chapter. I won't put he link in this chat because it's your legacy challenge. I'm still having the dilemma of deciding between how to choose the heir, reader voted or strength.
    Okay I'm totally collecting the little figures. I got one and I was like 'Aww, cute' and I was like okay they're all mine now. I'm impulsive. :D
    Okay I'm totally collecting the little figures. I got one and I was like 'Aww, cute' and I was like okay they're all mine now. I'm impulsive. :D

Which little figures?
    The little figures like Chef Gino. I got the gruut one or something like that. I was like awwww... though I got a last exception yesterday and the lastexceptionreader can't read it, so I can't develop chapter four. At least I can post chapter three next week. Oh, yeah, chapter 2 is out. :)
    The little figures like Chef Gino. I got the gruut one or something like that. I was like awwww... though I got a last exception yesterday and the lastexceptionreader can't read it, so I can't develop chapter four. At least I can post chapter three next week. Oh, yeah, chapter 2 is out. :)

Ohhh the MySims Trophies! I need to collect those as a goal for completing my Legacy Challenge, but yeah, they are also just nice :)