Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 and PortraitAI

Comments

• budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    edited July 2020
    Super fun.
    portraitai.com-2.jpg
    Mine looks like a woman even though I put in a man :D
    My sim bathing:
    portraitai.com-3.jpg
    He looks like he is contemplating the meaning of life lol

Some sims I generated just to use this on them. I must say they look better on the portraits haha!
    original.jpg
    portraitai.com-1.jpg
    original.jpg
    portraitai.com-8.jpg
    original.jpg
    portraitai.com-4.jpg

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    This is a younger version of my simself (based on the same pic I used to make my avi). I would have been around 40 when the pic was taken.
    50098942711_285f07968b_o.png
    When I was around 20 I had a couple friends who called me Mona Lisa :D I found an old Polaroid (over 40 years old) of me at 20. The quality was poor but this is one of the results I got.
    50098483078_3db5519911_o.png
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I tried this on my current profile picture a couple days ago and think Darren looks quite nice :smiley:

bgbrvsfbgrtvdsfgrt.png

chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    Kelvin wrote: »
    I tried this on my current profile picture a couple days ago and think Darren looks quite nice :smiley:

One can tell that they have used a mixture of really old paintings for the AI. The squinting male model portraits didn't really become popular until the 1950's after the James Dean movies. You know, first the cool pics of the "rebel" in the sun, and then in the studio. :tongue:

Now, to be REALLY cool squinting in the strong light isn't enough, so you need to put on :sunglasses: Yeah, dawg.

cUrfGkA.gif
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Turjan I love your new avi! <3
    Thanks :smile: . I used a 27 year old photograph of myself, ID-card sized, b&w, from a photo booth, made for a public transport card I bought on a vacation in an Eastern European country. I thought the program would have difficulties, but it worked admirably. Except that very slight smirk, which caused it to produce a bump on a cheek that clearly isn't on the photograph. And as I said, the similarity isn't really that obvious - if I had seen that pic without knowing what it is, I wouldn't have recognized it's supposed to be me - so all is fine.
    @Turjan The quality of my old pics wasn't very good either - first because of their age and then to make things worse I had taken pics of the old photos with my phone :D I am not overly concerned about being recognized by either of mine :p Although the first one does capture something of the expression I was wearing at the time.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    In my case, some of the results looked quite different. I found it funny that the app produced more than a dozen different versions. When I used pics from the Sims, there were much less pics produced.
    Turjan wrote: »
    Cororon wrote: »
    And a good idea to point out that it's against the rules to post real photos of oneself on the forum. The AI portraits are more like simselves, though. :smile:
    Those portraits should be safe. I tried it with an old photograph of mine, and I don't really recognize myself on any of the images, which means it should be okay to use.
    Edit: Also, a slight smirk was transformed into some bump on the cheek :lol: .

I meant that if one makes an AI portrait of oneself, one shouldn't post the real pic to compare with the results. :smile: As the site states "Avatar Maker - Portrait AI is a great avatar generator. It adds that bit of anonymity and refinement online."

Now with so many members using the AI portraits as avatars I hope EA won't get the idea to make Sims 5 sims that look like old paintings. :lol:
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    When I was around 20 I had a couple friends who called me Mona Lisa :D I found an old Polaroid (over 40 years old) of me at 20. The quality was poor but this is one of the results I got.

Wow, that really looks like Mona Lisa (except for the eyebrows, but she had shaved hers). :open_mouth::heart:

Here's Neville, the english gentleman. Don't do what he does, kids! It's not good for your health. Wearing a hat in a hot studio may cause a heatstroke.

ANvoULk.jpg

My great-grandsim Jessica:

dAFFGAj.jpg

And her sister Susanne again. She's so pretty:

10dinqA.jpg
    JB1MVKx.jpg

Uhm... The famous spider, Tox:

i5HqdiH.jpg

cUrfGkA.gif
    edited July 2020
    Me in watercolour:

Qk5Cl9Q.jpg

Sim-me:

qy75JGH.jpg
    Post edited by Cororon on
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • gamerplaya94gamerplaya94 Posts: 106 Member
    So I decided to give ArtBreeder a try and I must say I'm really impressed with the results.
    Here's a few pictures of Melissa Thompson
    Original CAS snapshot
    dXn0JD6.jpg?1

After the Artbreeder treatment
    z4YH2JI.jpg
    O5cDAvc.jpg
    rEcKjPl.jpg
    BJqoB2A.jpg
    k657Sd0.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited August 2020
    Went to Artbreeder -

Which pic did I use? What else...

River_formalportrait_retouched.png

:mrgreen:

River_McIrish_inRealLife2.jpeg
    *tsssss* sizzle.

Original CAS snapshot
    dXn0JD6.jpg?1

After the Artbreeder treatment
    z4YH2JI.jpg

@gamerplaya94 - How'd you get the 1st one (the realistic image)?

Tried Artbreeder but all I got were semi-realistic drawings.

Wish there was a GAN for painting to realistic faces.

Wondered what Bebe and Tatsuo's daughter would look like?
    Bebe%2526Tatsuo_Daughter.png

River & Haruo's Daughter "Christina" :mrgreen:
    Christina5.jpeg
    Christina_alternate2.jpeg
    ...or if she had black hair like her dad. :D
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Nikkei_Simmer To get a realistic looking face reduce Art to minimum, increase Sharpness to near maximum, reduce Chaos either a little or a lot depending on the image, then toy around wit the other switches until you get your desired result. Which in this case is a photo-realistic version of your sim.
    k657Sd0.png
    edited August 2020
    @Nikkei_Simmer To get a realistic looking face reduce Art to minimum, increase Sharpness to near maximum, reduce Chaos either a little or a lot depending on the image, then toy around wit the other switches until you get your desired result. Which in this case is a photo-realistic version of your sim.

Thanks a ton. :) I'm gonna have so much fun with just the four pics I uploaded. :D

Thanks to @gamerplaya94 - I got the hang of this:

Haruo:
    Haruo_Realistic3.jpeg

River:
    River_Chikamori1.jpeg

Tatsuo:
    Tatsuo_Realistic4.jpeg

Bebe:
    Bebe_Hart.jpeg

What River's and Haruo's Daughters COULD look like ---> thru Artbreeder.

Christina5_realistic.jpeg
    Christina_alternate1_realistic.jpeg

Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Oo Haruo looking really good there.

Heh, I messed around with my avatar picture. Kinda still has that serial killer look about him... though I guess with less banging his head at walls in frustration since the scar is gone.
    fUXVQV0.jpg
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @Mikezumi your pictures are gorgeous(sim and irl) <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    Thrior wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Oo Haruo looking really good there.

Heh, I messed around with my avatar picture. Kinda still has that serial killer look about him... though I guess with less banging his head at walls in frustration since the scar is gone.
    fUXVQV0.jpg

Be still my heart :kissing_heart:
    I took some tweaking to Tiffany's CAS portrait and once again, I'm pleased with the results.

EexFKz7.jpg
    ohJHgoD.jpg
    C9HFG7c.jpg
    PXLURM2.jpg

Now I really gotta think about which 3 sims I'm gonna give the ArtBreeder special to.
    k657Sd0.png
    Tiffany's beautiful, @gamerplaya94.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Thanks @Nikkei_Simmer, your sims are handsome, gorgeous, or some other synonym for beautiful.

Here's another picture of Tiffany to hold you guys over until I find more sims to run through ArtBreeder. (Note the next sims on the chopping block are two males and one female, and they probably won't be black or white with auburn hair)

c2pkJ6C.jpg
    k657Sd0.png
    edited August 2020
    Allow me to introduce the newest member of the chosen few, Lola Espinoza.

Original CAS portrait
    vq3uHt2.jpg?1

ArtBred Portraits
    jYqifQ8.jpg
    8fdt1QZ.jpg
    t0FElY1.jpg
    Vx9fQa3.jpg
    VN4OEV1.jpg
    pKMoVob.jpg
    k657Sd0.png
    I've now started using ArtBreeder to do up my genetic family trees for my JAG Fanfiction characters

When Lieutenant Benton and Lieutenant Commander Nakamura got married... :D They had a daughter.
    GeneticTree%2B-%2BToshioMNakamura-KimberBenton-Nakamura.png
    GYZ6Ak9.png