Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues (2020-22 version!)

Comments

• Options
    CAROLPRICE1963CAROLPRICE1963 Posts: 16 New Member
    I like have permeant log in Sims 3 whether I am on the new computer or the old computer....old computer is Windows 7 and new computer is Windows 11. I can't log into the game
  • Options
    CardmanOfficialCardmanOfficial Posts: 25 Member
    edited January 16
    [deleted]
    Post edited by CardmanOfficial on
    Hello everyone :smile:
    Proud member of the I Own the Store Club as of 15/01/2024.
    Add me on The Sims 3! My Page
    Whilst I'm not active on Sims 4 anymore, feel free to check out my Gallery! | EA ID: CardmanOfficial
  • Options
    CardmanOfficialCardmanOfficial Posts: 25 Member
    edited January 16
    [deleted]
    Post edited by CardmanOfficial on
    Hello everyone :smile:
    Proud member of the I Own the Store Club as of 15/01/2024.
    Add me on The Sims 3! My Page
    Whilst I'm not active on Sims 4 anymore, feel free to check out my Gallery! | EA ID: CardmanOfficial
  • Options
    MaddiluvsrosesMaddiluvsroses Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi i'm new here! I have a question and i've been doing so much research and to no avail :( I've downloaded this world called Rockwood island by Gruesims. I'm inlove with this world and want to play it so badly. I've downloaded custom worlds before but they usually come in a sims 3 pack which is easy to install through my launcher. When Installed Rockwood island it came with everything I need like the CC and instructions. I've downloaded the CC fine because they are all package folders which I just put it all in my mods folder. So here's my problem. They have the world as a World.file. I read the instructions that gruesim had provided me but it says to download through; Electronic arts/sims 3/Game Data/Shared/Non packaged/Worlds I don't have any of those or can't find it. I can only go through documents/electronic Arts/Sims 3/ and can't find game data folder anywhere. I go to my installed worlds folder and thats where my other world files can be found and I've tried to put it in there but world doesn't show up through menu. I have sims 3 installed through steam. Please help :( I really love this world and want to play it so badly.
  • Options
    > @Maddiluvsroses said:
    > Hi i'm new here! I have a question and i've been doing so much research and to no avail :( I've downloaded this world called Rockwood island by Gruesims. I'm inlove with this world and want to play it so badly. I've downloaded custom worlds before but they usually come in a sims 3 pack which is easy to install through my launcher. When Installed Rockwood island it came with everything I need like the CC and instructions. I've downloaded the CC fine because they are all package folders which I just put it all in my mods folder. So here's my problem. They have the world as a World.file. I read the instructions that gruesim had provided me but it says to download through; Electronic arts/sims 3/Game Data/Shared/Non packaged/Worlds I don't have any of those or can't find it. I can only go through documents/electronic Arts/Sims 3/ and can't find game data folder anywhere. I go to my installed worlds folder and thats where my other world files can be found and I've tried to put it in there but world doesn't show up through menu. I have sims 3 installed through steam. Please help :( I really love this world and want to play it so badly.

I have a Dell laptop that is up to date with windows 11 but i had this issue even when I had windows 10.
  • Options
    > @Maddiluvsroses said:
    > > @Maddiluvsroses said:
    > > Hi i'm new here! I have a question and i've been doing so much research and to no avail :( I've downloaded this world called Rockwood island by Gruesims. I'm inlove with this world and want to play it so badly. I've downloaded custom worlds before but they usually come in a sims 3 pack which is easy to install through my launcher. When Installed Rockwood island it came with everything I need like the CC and instructions. I've downloaded the CC fine because they are all package files which I just put it all in my mods folder. So here's my problem. They have the world as a World.file. I read the instructions that gruesim had provided me but it says to download through; Electronic arts/sims 3/Game Data/Shared/Non packaged/Worlds I don't have any of those or can't find it. I can only go through documents/electronic Arts/Sims 3/ and can't find game data folder anywhere. I go to my installed worlds folder and thats where my other world files can be found and I've tried to put it in there but world doesn't show up through menu. I have sims 3 installed through steam. Please help :( I really love this world and want to play it so badly.
    >
    > I have a Dell laptop that is up to date with windows 11 but I had this issue even when I had windows 10. I typed in worlds into my search bar in Files and found Worlds where I can see Sunsetvalley.worlds is and I tried putting the Rockwoodisland world file in there to see if that would work but world still doesn't show up.
  • Options
    craig_manorcraig_manor Posts: 16 New Member
    Hello again.

I'm trying to get a CC apartment to function as such. When I first move in, I have to switch it to a residential lot because room mates keep appearing. The building is three levels: a common first floor and the household on the 2nd floor. The top floor is a hidden room marker.

What I want is to get a sim to move into the top floor, not my household.

Any help most appreciated.
  • Options
    wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    @craig_manor The lot type needs to be Regular lot for the NPC apartment to work as you want.
    The Apartment lot type is for University-type lots, which means the roommates service is always on.
  • Options
    Robbie96Robbie96 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi fellow simmers!

I was wondering if anyone could help me understand an issue I have with a certain game save running slow?

I currently have 3 saved games at the moment I am playing. All in bridgeport. I have over 1500 hours on TS3 and it usually runs smooth, especially with mods. I run the Nraas Overwatch mod and Relativity mod. I have most of the expansion packs and I usually run the game pretty good on medium settings with the exception of the occassional glitch complimentary of EA's pristine qaulity control.

I have a certain save file that is running very choppy and laggy. The other 2 game's saves run perfectly with little to no lag (as per how it usually runs for me). In this 'bad' save, my sim is a level 10 acrobat. I have barely made progess (I run 14 day seasons and I am in winter, so I'm approx 30 days in, on epic lifespan). Not only does the game run slow, but it is taking longer than usual to load and save on this specific save file.

I have deleted the usual Cache files upon start up regularly, deleted all the store content cache too, and I have 'saved as' a new game and deleted the old save, twice. I have checked my sims inventory and it is fairly empty besides the balancing ball and ring of fire which I have placed. I have reset all sims too. But 'something' is causing this file to be bad. If it helps, I like to create sims and 'add' them to the town. I usually do this (and it is also true in my other 2 saves) and edit the town frequently. This is the only save where I have added a big show theatre on a 64x64 tile for my acrobat which is located beside 'The Grind' Nightclub.

As I said, my other 2 save files are running smoothly, also in bridgeport and at approx the same amount of time invested with created sims added. But I cant figure out what is causing the lag for 'this' specific save.

Is this just a corrupt save file and does it mean I'll have to give up on it? If anybody would like more information about the save before helping then please ask.

I was having quite a lot of fun being an acrobat which I've recently discovered pays REALLY well, as much as $18,000 for a great performance at a big show venue! This is new to me as I usually go as a firefighter, law enforcement or science branch. Anyways ...

My specs:

Windows 10 64 bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20GHz
    8GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Installed Content:

Ambitions
    Diesel Stuff
    Generations
    High-End Loft Stuff
    Island Paradise
    Late Night
    Master Suite Stuff
    Movie Stuff
    Outdoor Living Stuff
    Pets
    Seasons
    Showtime
    Town Life Stuff
    World Adventures

Cheers
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    @Robbie96 Have you looked inside each save and compared the size of the packages in the laggy save in comparison to the size in the other saves?
    If there's a big difference, you might try cleaning that save.
    NRAAS has instructions for how to clean a save using S3pe.
    https://nraas.net/community/How-to-use-S3PE-to-clean-up-your-save-games

Just make sure to make a backup of the save first, just in case.
  • Options
    Robbie96Robbie96 Posts: 2 New Member
    @wendyyi1 I haven't, but I'll be sure to give this a try later this evening. I'll update here if this works. Thankyou!
  • Options
    sadurssadurs Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, im having to remove all of my launcher installed content as my dccache files have been corrupted, in part to my own negligence. I however have all of my saves within a custom world ( cas world ) - is it as simple as reinstalling the same world into my clean dccache for me to access the save again?
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @sadurs Yes, you can reinstall the custom world through the launcher and it'll show up as before, and then your save will work. However, before reinstalling, I'd suggest deleting the corresponding .world file within InstalledWorlds so you don't get a second copy.
  • Options
    enchantress6274enchantress6274 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @enchantress6274 said:
    > https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/general-discussion
    > I was sent here by EA Games to fix my sharing memories error. Only the work-related memories will post. They say they're posted but they're not. I've tried turning off and on sharing, clearing the cache, and contacting EA Games. They're the one that said I have an error when sharing. Thank you for your time and help.

I solved this problem by deleting videos I uploaded to www.thesims3.com and it was sad, but the videos could no longer be viewed or downloaded anymore so it didn't matter if they were in my profile anymore. I hope this helps someone, because it took a lot of years to figure this out on my own. I don't upload very much anymore, and it was through trying to upload that it said I needed to delete some items to do it. Thank you for reading my posts and trying to help me :smile:
  • Options
    pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    Okay I put this same thing in the main part of the The Sims 3 forum, but maybe I will put it here now, I just bought a new gaming laptop, just got it yesterday, I got it so I could play all my The Sims games, so after installing TS4 I installed TS3, then I launched the game, and the TS3 launcher appeared as usual, then I hit play, and the launcher disappeared as usual, but then after a few seconds the EA game launcher popped up and no game!

This is my first time trying to play TS3 with the new EA game launcher, so is there some new thing we have to do to play The Sims 3 from this new launcher?
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • Options
    ShaleeShalee Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried to play but content from TS3 store wont install it said i need to update? I have whole worlds that wont play like Dragon Valley. but i cant find any updates to install. i am using the new EA game launcher.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Shalee Please download fresh copies of the Store items you want to install. Before doing so, empty out the Downloads folder inside the Sims 3 user folder so that the launcher isn't trying to install any old downloads. If you also have custom content installed through the launcher, you can set aside the corresponding Sims3Packs in case you need to reinstall at a later time. Just put them somewhere else after you trash the Store downloads. The point is to have a completely empty Downloads folder before you start reinstalling content.

If the store items still won't install, try playing through Origin instead. Most people can reinstall and use it after a brief time when a number of players were forced to use the EA App. You can find a download link here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Downloading-and-installing-Origin-Windows-and-Mac/m-p/11915666
  • Options
    > @wendyyi1 said:
    > @craig_manor The lot type needs to be Regular lot for the NPC apartment to work as you want.
    > The Apartment lot type is for University-type lots, which means the roommates service is always on.

Thanks @wendyyi1 but I do have the lot type set to regular. I have the hidden room marker on the top floor where I want the npc sim to move in.

I suppose I should mention that there are two doors into the hidden room if that matters any.

The building has a call box on the bottom floor (public area).

What am I missing?
  • Options
    @craig_manor I don't think having 2 doors into a hidden room should affect whether NPC's use it.
    Are there other buildings with hidden rooms in your town? If there are, you could try de-activating some of the doors.
  • Options
    > @wendyyi1 said:
    > @craig_manor I don't think having 2 doors into a hidden room should affect whether NPC's use it.
    > Are there other buildings with hidden rooms in your town? If there are, you could try de-activating some of the doors.

Hmm... What do you mean by de-activating the doors? How would buildings elsewhere in town affect my lot?

I guess I just don't have full knowledge of how to construct a working apartment. Is there a good comprehensive guide you can link to?

The lot I'm working with is a cc lot I downloaded. I've done a lot of modifications to it since I started playing but it never did have an NPC move in upstairs.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    @craig_manor What world are you playing in?
    If there are more apartments in the town, NPCs are probably using those already.

There's quite a good tutorial on Carl's site. (the link says Sims 4 but just ignore that)
    https://carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=31745.msg505891#msg505891
    Make sure you expand the dot points in the More Tips and FAQs part at the end
  • Options
    > @wendyyi1 said:
    > @craig_manor What world are you playing in?
    > If there are more apartments in the town, NPCs are probably using those already.

Oh~! It was my understanding that the game will generate an NPC to move into any "hidden room" apartment.

I have another apartment lot in the town (Hidden Springs) but I don't currently have any household in it. I've done a lot of importing lots and households from other neighborhoods into my Hidden Springs, so the world's not in the state that it comes in.

IIRC, the other apartment lot has three hidden rooms. Although I've never noticed if any NPC sims are occupying them as I've never really paid any attention to that lot outside of build mode.

Thanks for the link :)
  • Options
    @craig_manor No, the game doesn't generate a new NPC for a new apartment. It's existing homeless sims in your game that will use it, but they don't use it in the way that townies use a house. I've never seen one go in the door. They usually come onto the lot and dematerialise (it could be in the corridor or the foyer). If there are things that they can interact with in the public area, they might hang around longer before dematerialising.

You could check that the doors have been activated for NPCs.
  • Options
    Alex_SimsAlex_Sims Posts: 13 New Member
    I just got a new computer hoping to be able to run The Sims 3 again and the game won't work at all. I have really tried everything and I am just wondering if it is ever going to work. The launcher pops up and it disappear and redirects me to the EA app as soon as I hit play. It doesn't even give me a deviceconfig because it won't launch. I have updated the .sgr files in my bin and that hasn't done anything. I have also tried patches and now the launcher won't even show up. Is there anything I can do or will the game just not run on my computer?
    Specs:
    Processor Model-Intel 12th Generation Core i7
    Processor Model Number-12700F
    Storage Type-HDD, SSD
    Total Storage Capacity-1500 gigabytes
    Solid State Drive Capacity-500 gigabytes
    Hard Drive Capacity-1000 gigabytes
    System Memory (RAM)-16 gigabytes
    Graphics-NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
    Operating System-Windows 11 Home
  • Options