March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My "Retail Store Challenge" Gameplay!

2...Next

Comments

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Week 2: Wednesday

157.jpg

Continuing with the red theme for the week on the mannequins outfits was the only changes to the store from yesterday.

158.jpg

With 1,305 perk points available, I use 300 of them again to get the Superfluous Surplus to cut back the cost of restocking. It helped yesterday and with the 25% mark up for today, it will be a big help as well.

Advertising uses simoleons from the store account. Pietro has 1,481 simoleons saved up, so he uses 250 of them for a Short Term Web Campaign that will provide a large initial spike in foot traffic that trails off near the end. He performs this action on his register immediately after opening the store at 9:00am. This does put in the negative for profit for the day, but hopefully the increase in traffic will quickly change that.

Sergio shows up for work around 9:30am with a crowd of customers behind him.

159.jpg

The first sale is a little before 1:30pm. That's 4.5 hours after the store opened. All the customers liked to talk more than shop. I hope the web campaign didn't actually hurt Pietro's sales today. The customer buys the planter (Tiered To Simplicity).

Pietro sends Sergio over to restock it and all items for today. In between stocking, Pietro will have him talk to customers. Hopefully that will keep him off his phone during the downtimes, possibly there won't be much of that now he's had his first sale for the day.

160.jpg

3 customers request to be rung up. There's no way Pietro will get to all 3. He asks for assistance from Sergio to help ring them up. Please don't use your phone this time, Sergio.

Pietro goes over to help the elderly gentleman first as he was the first one to speak up. He bought the lounge chair (Tempting Teak Lounge Chair).

161.jpg

Sergio stood around for a little bit as the two awaiting customers soon had red shopping carts bubbles that were pulsating. Darn you Sergio. But then he walks over and grabs one. Phew. Pietro quickly goes over to grab the other. 2 sales saved.

Sergio's customer buys the green chair (The Flowery). Pietro's customer, Mr. Dirk Dreamer, buys the mirror (Natural Beauty Mirror).

162.jpg

Pietro requests Sergio to begin restocking. He also helps to get the items restocked as quickly as possible. There are customers in the store who may have also wanted to buy those sold items.

163.jpg

Another returning customer, Dustin Broke, is wanting to buy something around 4:45pm. The store's been open for 7 hours and there's only been 4 sales. Dustin's being the 5th. Hopefully there's more traffic. Pietro needs more sales. Mr. Broke purchases the lounge chair (Tempting Teak Lounge Chair).

164.jpg

Sergio clocks out around 7:30pm. I don't understand his hours. Oh, well. He was able to get all the restocking and then talk to customers.
    A little after 8:00pm another customer ready to make a purchase. She buys the green chair (The Flowery).

165.jpg

Pietro isn't able to restock as another customers is ready to be rung up. It's Leila, who he met last week at the beach. This is nice of her to stop in and make a purchase from Pietro. She buys the planter (Tiered To Simplicity).

166.jpg

Pietro has his work cut out for him. Now 2 more customers waiting to buy. His Bladder is in the yellow, but there's no time. Make those sales. Hold it in, Pietro.

The youngster is first. This is Mortimer's son, Alexander. He looks a lot like his sister, Cassandra.

167.jpg

Alexander wanted the beach outfit from the boy mannequin. He likes it.

168.jpg

Now to get this other customer. Then hopefully Pietro can run to the restroom. He buys the lounge chair (Tempting Teak Lounge Chair).

Pietro heads to the restroom as his Bladder turns orange after the sale. He really needs to relieve himself. Don't want him peeing his shorts. That would not look good.

169.jpg

After using the restroom, it's 10:00pm. This was not a good day compared to yesterday for sales even though Pietro paid for higher traffic. He had the traffic, just not the buying kind.

However, just before closing a customer wanted to buy something. Make this sale, Pietro. You've almost sold all your merchandise anyway without being able to restock. She wanted the mirror (Natural Beauty Mirror).

170.jpg

A notice pops up that there's isn't anything for sale. There's still clothing, but I guess that doesn't count. But it doesn't matter. It's 10:30pm and time to close the store.

171.jpg

Only 10 items were sold today. Not what Pietro nor I was expecting or wanted. The web campaign was a bust and a waste of simoleons if you ask me. Pietro and Sergio made a profit of around 400 simoleons. Not a good day at all.

To Be Continued...
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Bummer on the slow sales day! Hopefully it picks up for Pietro tomorrow.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Sorry sells were slow for Pietro, I hope his next round will be better and he can double or triple what he lost
    Bummer on the slow sales day! Hopefully it picks up for Pietro tomorrow.

Thursdays are roll of the dice day. He'll either work or have it off. If he works, mark up is 50%. If he has it off, I'm going to find something fun for him to do.
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Sorry sells were slow for Pietro, I hope his next round will be better and he can double or triple what he lost

I have my eyes on pricier items to sell. I had Pietro skip adding an item on the last Friday. Might have to wait one more week. The item(s) I want to get will be higher end stuff than the clothing, chairs, mirror, and planter.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Oh that will be interesting to get! Can't wait to see how it goes!
    Hopefully it picks up soon. :) Good luck Pietro and enjoy your day off (if it happens).

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Week 2: Thursday

Like last Thursday, the roll of an 8-sided D&D will decide the fate of what Pietro will do for the day. Odd number, he has to work. Even number will give him a day off. The result is in and a 2 was rolled. Pietro doesn't have to work today.

172.jpg

Since Pietro gets today off, he's going to go visit Windenburg, Sergio's place of living. Maybe he'll run into him and see what he does for fun.

He really needed today off as well as he got news that one of his customers passed away. Now he's got a Very Sad moodlet for a couple days.

The first hotspot is the Harbor Quarter Gym. Pietro is an Active sim and needs to workout besides push ups and sit ups. I turn on autonomous for Pietro. It's time he does his own thing for today rather than me telling him what to do.

173.jpg

However, I do push him into working on one of the exercise equipment. He seems to be letting all his frustrations out from yesterday. That's good. Pietro needs to start fresh tomorrow.

174.jpg

One of the gym trainers stops over to cheer Pietro on. He even starts his own conversation with her. Her name is Supriya and she has the Genius trait. He also finds out she has the Active trait. But she soon goes off to help others. Once he gets a bit stinky, Pietro finds his way to the gym's showers.

175.jpg

Now that he hit the gym, Pietro heads to the Bathe De Rill Pool for some relaxation. The exercising seemed to bring his mood up a bit. I hope Supriya had a part in that.

176.jpg

Pietro has autonomous on, so he decides he doesn't want to go swimming but rather sit on the edge of the pool and just get his feet and legs wet. Fair enough. He just came from a workout.

However, it seems this pool has little requirements. Poor Pietro's eyes. Mortimer Goth, one of his customers was in his birthday suit, rather than a swimsuit. He was baring it all. I think it threw Pietro into shock.

177.jpg

Pietro's Hunger started to get in the yellow and he needs to eat. There was nobody manning the bar at the pool, so Pietro travels to the Hare and Hedgehog Cafe. Maybe he can find some free food. I am glad he's energized.

Unfortunately he couldn't score any free food or drinks.

178.jpg

Pietro tries the Old Quarter Inn bar next. He becomes all sad again.

179.jpg

Without my help he flirted with the Mixologist and scored himself some chips. That face looks like a guilty face even though he's also sad of his deceased customer.

180.jpg

Pietro challenges one of the patrons at the bar to a game of foosball. He won most of the games. I think his competitor was getting frustrated. She kept throwing her hands up in the air as if she gives up. But then she plays another game.

181.jpg

Pietro is tired, but he's not ready to go back to his shop yet. I know he's sad. As the sun is setting, maybe he can find some more fun and people to hang out with at the Narwhal Arms Nightclub.

182.jpg

About an hour into being at the nightclub, Pietro autonomously engages a conversation with Candy Villareal. Again, I have autonomous on for him, so it'll be fun to see where this conversation takes him. He learns that she has the Outgoing trait and is an Open Mic Seeker at Limelight. She talks about her Club, The Spin Masters.

Then Pietro does an unexpected thing. Autonomously, he asks if she is single. And she is. Is this the direction you want to go, Pietro? I'll give you a little push. I throw in another Romance option of Pick-Up Line. But before that happens, we also learn Candy is a Music Lover.

183.jpg

The pick-up line worked. The flirtiness begins. I am so happy this got him out of hid sad mood slump for now. He continues some of his Romance socialization along with some regular and funny. These 2 are hitting it off.

184.jpg

Pietro's Energy is now in the orange, so it's time to send him back to the store to get some sleep. I turn off autonomous on him and have them exchange phone numbers. Perhaps Sunday, these 2 can have a date night.

To Be Continued...
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited November 2020
    Week 2: Friday

185.jpg

Only changes to the store today were the mannequin clothes and their poses. This is probably one of the fun things I look forward to when rearranging them. How to make them look with the outfits they are wearing.

Today is a 50% mark up for sales. As much as Pietro and myself thought the web campaign was a bust, we're going to spend a little more and try the television advertisement. This is 600 simoleons, so it better work a lot better than the web campaign. This leaves Pietro just under 1,000 simoleons. Pietro is at 1,280 perk points. I'm going to spend 300 of those again to get the Superfluous Surplus which reduces the cost of restocking.

Pietro opens the store at 9:00am. Sergio arrives around 9:45am.

186.jpg

Pietro goes over to talk to a youngster girl and she's not in the store more than 20 minutes and she says there's nothing that interests her and she's taking her business elsewhere. She needs to go find a toy store if you ask me. This better not be how Pietro's day is going to be like.

187.jpg

A little before 12:30pm, Pietro is informed Sergio is disatisfied with his work and should either get a promotion or sent home early. Pietro will send him home early. This day is not going so well for poor Pietro.

188.jpg

Pietro's first sale is a little after 4:30pm. That means he's been open for 7.5 hours with no sales. I have a feeling Pietro is going to be losing simoleons today. The youngster buys the lounge chair (Tempting Teak Lounge Chair).

189.jpg

And a second sale after 9:00pm. Less than an hour to close and he has only made 2 sales now. He is definitely going to lose simoleons today. This customer bought the planter (Tiered To Simplicity).

190.jpg

Pietro closes the store at 10:00pm with having only had 2 sales. Dissatisfied employee and dissatisfied customers. Fridays are normally suppose to be good. Not for Pietro. Because the 2 items sold weren't good enough to make a profit, he had to take out simoleons from the current funds already saved up. One more day this week, then Pietro can start anew. A fresh week. A better week.

To Be Continued...
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    What a fun day in Windenburg (sans Mortimer)! :# And then what a blah day of sales! Hopefully it picks up again. So I'm trying to remember... is Pietro not allowed to spend money on himself outside the store? Is that why he wanted free food?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    What a fun day in Windenburg (sans Mortimer)! :# And then what a blah day of sales! Hopefully it picks up again. So I'm trying to remember... is Pietro not allowed to spend money on himself outside the store? Is that why he wanted free food?

Correct. He has to make 17,000 simoleons first before I can transfer money over to his home account. However, because he is living on the store lot, I can put in an oven or something. I may actually buy him a grill and sell the cooler.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited June 2020
    Cooler is quicker between sales, but I'm sure he would appreciate hot food too. :)

Goodness, I keep hitting post today on the forums before finished. Hence the "edit."

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Cooler is quicker between sales, but I'm sure he would appreciate hot food too. :)

Goodness, I keep hitting post today on the forums before finished. Hence the "edit."

I suppose I could still keep the cooler and then add a grill up by his tent to have for his off days or after work. Keep the cooler in the store.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Week 2: Saturday

191.jpg

The latter part of week 2 was pretty bad for Pietro when it came to running his store. Since today is the last day of the week, Pietro isn't going to spend any perk points or simoleons to grab new customers. Hopefully with the 100% mark up, we can make some simoleons without advertising.

Pietro opens the store at 9:00am. Sergio arrives to work around 9:15am. The 2 of them talk before customers start to arrive.

192.jpg

The first sale of the day comes around 2:00pm. This was a new customer Pietro hasn't seen yet. Hopefully she likes what she buys and comes back often. She likes the mirror (Natural Beauty Mirror).

Sergio got bored talking to customers and started playing on his phone, so Pietro sends him to restock.

193.jpg

Pietro knew it was going to be a slow day. The next customer ready to be rung up was around 6:45pm. You should really face your customer when making a sale, Pietro. It looks rude and probably is, talking to a customer with your back towards them.

This customer also buys the mirror (Natural Beauty Mirror) that the first customer bought. At least that is the hot item for today.

Sergio leaves work around 7:30pm. Only 2.5 hours left before Pietro closes the store. Hopefully he can pull off at least one more sale. Plenty of customers in the store. They just don't want to buy anything.

194.jpg

Pietro closes the door a little after 10:00pm with only 2 sales.

I didn't realize it until after when viewing notifications that after Sergio said he was working later than he was suppose to that he also quit his job. Well, guess what Sergio? You aren't getting paid for the day either then. 0 simoleons were taken out for wages. He was on his phone most of the time today anyway.

Pietro is going to start a fresh new week 3 tomorrow. There's no work, but he's going to enjoy his Sunday. Then when Monday comes around, Pietro is going to work hard. And work alone. No hiring another employee for a week and see how sales go with perks and advertising all week.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Oh no, Sergio quit? I didn't even know employees could quit on you in game but it makes sense. And only 2 sales. Yikes!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Oh no, Sergio quit? I didn't even know employees could quit on you in game but it makes sense. And only 2 sales. Yikes!

He was not satisfied at work. He wanted to have a raise or leave early. Texting doesn’t earn you a raise. And Pietro let him go home early once already.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif