Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite TS2 feature?

MariLxMariLx Posts: 34 Member
Hello everyone!

I've spent my entire childhood playing TS2, and a few weeks ago, by the sake of nostalgia, I bought The Sims 2 Super Collection (which is the Mac's version of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection) and I'm overwhelmed with all the features of the game I didn't remember and/or haven't noticed when I was younger.

So please help me by letting me know: what do you enjoy most while playing the sims 2? What's a cool feature I should look for?

Thank you! :heart:
And happy swimming :smiley:

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:
    I still enjoy the Group outings feature. Setting the Groups on the phone lets us make one phone call to invite their friends over to go out.

I like the Businesses. I like taking the family on vacations (after I edit the vacation lots for kid activities, too).

Hope you have fun! :mrgreen:
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2020
    I love the way apartments, university and vacations work. I also like the dating feature in TS2 - not so much the meter, but how you can fulfill the other sims wants at the same time as your own sim. I like the rewards that get left after a date as well.

Edit - Oh, I also love the little things, like how children run to greet their parents when they get home from work, and how children have different dance styles than adults, and even toddlers wiggle around to music while sitting on their bums on the floor :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I like the small things added to kids, like how babies have identifiable genetics and children can jump on their beds. I also like genetics as a whole with its dominant and recessive traits. One thing I DON’T like about TS2 is firstborn syndrome, but luckily, it hasn’t been a problem for me so far.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My favourite feature... It's hard, there are many that i love. But i may say memories is what i miss more.
  • MariLxMariLx Posts: 34 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I like the small things added to kids, like how babies have identifiable genetics and children can jump on their beds. I also like genetics as a whole with its dominant and recessive traits. One thing I DON’T like about TS2 is firstborn syndrome, but luckily, it hasn’t been a problem for me so far.

What is the firstborn syndrome?

telmarina wrote: »
    My favourite feature... It's hard, there are many that i love. But i may say memories is what i miss more.

Yes! I am in love with memories!
    The first thing I do when I start playing with pre-made sims is to check their memories ahahah
    Thank you all for the cool tips! I'll be sure to check them out :wink:
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    MariLx wrote: »
    Simtown15 wrote: »

What is the firstborn syndrome?

Here's a link that explains it: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Pregnancy#Rolling_the_Pacifier_and_Firstborn_Syndrome
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I have the Ultimate Collection on Windows so I have every game that came out in that series. My favorite features are University, memories, chemistry, jealousy, fighting, community lots, and attraction.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited May 2020
    My favorite feature is the story album where you can type and add photos to slides. I used to write my own books in there (Well as far as the character count would take me). I only wish it had a little editor in there for bold,italic, and no character limit. I had so many stories *glossy eyed stare in the distance*

nq2pd7nh67j01.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=b2969258586439e3854142bec016bf533af7315e
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • miwa09miwa09 Posts: 373 Member
    Oooh, there's so much! Memories, photo album, unique babies (which are not tied to their bassinets!) and all the tiny details which makes every play session so enjoyable! And the hilarious expressions of the sims!
    And somehow it's easier to manage sims' needs in TS2 than it is in TS4. Or maybe it's just because I've spent so much more time with TS2 than 4 that it's gotten pretty easy to me...
  • OugonmusouOugonmusou Posts: 33 Member
    The attraction system and the furious system. It just adds so much needed gameplay dynamics that I absolutely love. I love it how sims that are furious with your sims would just steal your newspaper or kick your can at random times because it actually made rivalries kind of meaningful. I really like the Sims 2's reputation system as well since the perks you can get by either being a model citizen who gets along with everyone in public or the nuisance that everyone wants to avoid.
    I am just a simple Sims 2 lore addict
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Oh wow, I just like everything. I don’t think I can pick a favorite.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Memories
    Chemistry system
    Bringing a friend or coworker home
    The wants and fears system
    The aspirations, they actually have influence on the wants/fears of your Sims unlike the Sims 4
    The party's

But my favorite thing to do/watch is when a family is having dinner or breakfast together and they are just talking. It's so wholesome and I love to see everyone together.

And I feel like everything is meaningful. Like childhood friends that become lovers as teen and when they grow up to adult you still have to option to make them fall in love or to just be friends.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but I love when the kids greet their parents after work. They run up to them and hug them. It's the little details that make the TS2 memorable.
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Consequences. Body language, interactions, gossip, cellphone calls. All things changes to your current antics, and ones in the past too.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    This is hard but i like pretty much all that is mentioned. I like that sims can be furious with one another- and the newspaper goes missing or the trash can is knocked over. I also like how sims can be furious if you cheat on them. Now i also like that you can study anger management from a book- which gives the sim less time to get over anything that they can be furious about. i like the body language, like you can tell a sim doesn't want to interact at the moment, and they are like why... lol. They also sigh afterwards. Also, they can burp and fart. I also like the memories and how sims remember good and bad memories which seem to affect them.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    the details.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    The memory system, which is the best in any Sims game.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    As Strawberry Yogurt has mentioned the tied to household album. It is ideal for story writing and fully under our control. This is aided by a household being totally static once exited. I can play other households, come back, and my sims will be right where I left them. Unlike a certain other version of the game we know where they can and will get themselves into all sorts of mischief.

After that it's really hard to say. This version is very well thought out, excellently executed, and pays careful attention to the little details that add up to a satisfying gaming session. Certainly not perfect, but the best of the series. I've been playing it since release day and still keep finding new things. And this is without mods or CC.

Speaking of CC, this version has Body Shop, an in-game (as in the installation, not while playing) tool that enables us to make our own CC that relates to the sims themselves.

The printed guides are still out there and I strongly suggest investing in them. They are packed with information and have served me well as references for many years.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    The things I love most are chemistry, aspiration meter/wants and fears, reactions, and unique animations for every interaction. I also like interests and how interactions could fail.

Sims had personality and felt different,
    Sims would worry or act crazy if they had low aspiration and other sims could react doing a your crazy animation.
    Sims would wolf whistle or do a call me animation occasionally when around sims they found attractive. If they found sims unattractive, they would do a repulsion interaction.
    Sims would do a you stink animation when around smelly sims
    Sims would worry over family members who passed out on the floor do to energy failures
    Sims would cheer or boo sims playing instruments when walking by

And that is just some ways sims react to others.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    I LOVE sim reactions. When my sim got dumped in the street after abduction #3, the whole family rushed outside to greet him. Only his human son worried, the rest of the family (human wife + 2 alien daughters... poor dude) just pointed and laughed at him falling on his butt.

I also like the idle animations according to their personalities, like the lazy slouch. They're more subtle and realistic than 3/4. Similarly, I like when your sims will slowly stomp their way to do a task if they don't actually want to do it. Lazy/sloppy sims on house cleaning day are verrryy relateable.

Children in the Sims 2 are ADORABLE. The way they dance on older sims' toes, can get swung around, show off to their friends, play unique games with other children, run to greet their parents, and show off their report card if it's good are all so endearing and make the life state feel so realistically fleshed out.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited April 2021
    The sims in TS2 are beautiful and I really love BV and OFB. I also like that you can build mega hoods.

Watch for family interactions (like young adult siblings scolding their siblings for breaking things or parental anxiety when a little one isn't feeling well, or sibling rivalry or hero worship... so cute)
  • Rhian2005Rhian2005 Posts: 611 Member
    My favorite feature is the story album where you can type and add photos to slides. I used to write my own books in there (Well as far as the character count would take me). I only wish it had a little editor in there for bold,italic, and no character limit. I had so many stories *glossy eyed stare in the distance*

nq2pd7nh67j01.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=b2969258586439e3854142bec016bf533af7315e

I'm showing my age here (Even my username has stood the test of time haha) but back in the day, when the sims 2 specifically had a website, you could upload your stories for people to read! It was one of my favourite past times as a kid! The Sims 2 forums and the story telling on that page was second to none, and had a community like no other, I really miss it!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Amen to that! Lack of it is a major downer for me with both TS3 & 4. A great opportunity missed. There may no longer be a place to share, but I'm still happily using my household albums..