Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• malsimsmalsims Posts: 6 New Member
    so i know my tray folder is what i have saved to my library and i want to clear it out. but i dont know how or really want to dig through every single one of my thousands of files in that folder. so if my library is empty in game and i delete all the content in my tray folder, will it affect my saves? say i delete a house from my tray folder, will it still be in the save im playing in or will it be deleted there too? i hope that makes sense.
    > @malsims said:
    > so i know my tray folder is what i have saved to my library and i want to clear it out. but i dont know how or really want to dig through every single one of my thousands of files in that folder. so if my library is empty in game and i delete all the content in my tray folder, will it affect my saves? say i delete a house from my tray folder, will it still be in the save im playing in or will it be deleted there too? i hope that makes sense.

to clarify some more maybe make it easier to understand, say i have a house im using for a legacy challenge, if i delete it from my tray will it still be in my legacy challenge save, or will it be deleted there too?
    i wasnt sure if my question made sense so i wanted to try to make it more clear in case it wasnt. thanks in advance for any help :)
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited February 2023
    Deleting tray files won't delete the house in your save. But you can save the legacy house to your library/the gallery in case something happens.
    @Gagea thank you so much!
    i have another question, not sure if this is the right forum but i have mc command center downloaded and i messed with the number of sims i can have in the household but changed it back to 8 so the settings say 8 and in cas it lets me make 8 sims but not while im playing. im currently doing the 100 baby challenge so im always having kids and when i go to try for a baby when i have 7 sims in the household it says i cant because my household is full. i have tried removing the mccc and re adding it, i have made sure that i have the most recent update of the mod and nothing works. when i have all the mods disabled, it works fine. i tested it to make sure. i made a family of 7 sims in cas then tried for a baby in live mode and my sim was able to get pregnant no problem so i know its the mods causing the issue but im not sure what else to do to troubleshoot and find the exact issue and its hard to have this messed up doing this specific challenge and its hard for me to play without these mods after having them for so long. i also have mc woohoo installed and 🐸🐸🐸🐸. i made sure i have the most recent updates of all 3. the rest of my cc are just cas and build items that ive had for ages and this is just now an issue so i dont think any of the cc would or could be the problem. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?
    > @malsims said:
    > i have another question, not sure if this is the right forum but i have mc command center downloaded and i messed with the number of sims i can have in the household but changed it back to 8 so the settings say 8 and in cas it lets me make 8 sims but not while im playing. im currently doing the 100 baby challenge so im always having kids and when i go to try for a baby when i have 7 sims in the household it says i cant because my household is full. i have tried removing the mccc and re adding it, i have made sure that i have the most recent update of the mod and nothing works. when i have all the mods disabled, it works fine. i tested it to make sure. i made a family of 7 sims in cas then tried for a baby in live mode and my sim was able to get pregnant no problem so i know its the mods causing the issue but im not sure what else to do to troubleshoot and find the exact issue and its hard to have this messed up doing this specific challenge and its hard for me to play without these mods after having them for so long. i also have mc woohoo installed and ww. i made sure i have the most recent updates of all 3. the rest of my cc are just cas and build items that ive had for ages and this is just now an issue so i dont think any of the cc would or could be the problem. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?
  • Kickson74Kickson74 Posts: 2 New Member
    I have been away for some time (almost a year) and now my old account does not work, it just says my log in is outdated and when I tried to update them it says just the same.....I registered a new account here to get some help. So what do I do?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Kickson74 wrote: »
    I have been away for some time (almost a year) and now my old account does not work, it just says my log in is outdated and when I tried to update them it says just the same.....I registered a new account here to get some help. So what do I do?

@Kickson74, you might need to go over to EA help and try to get in touch with someone from customer services over that can help you.
    https://help.ea.com/en/
  • TheStrongOneTheStrongOne Posts: 15 Member
    What I wish I knew was the legacy challenge and other ways to play, not officially in the game. It provides a unique challenge and I am going to learn a lot of things I didn't know previously when trying to finish all the goals!
  • CeanaOfTheCragsCeanaOfTheCrags Posts: 7 New Member
    I want to be treated like a respected customer. I do not want your updates. You have already broken nearly every single feature in the game. I want to play my game in its current condition offline. Now, I cannot do that. I paid YOU to play this. YOU are not paying ME.
  • emicah96emicah96 Posts: 1 New Member
    How do I make a new post?
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    Hi @emicah96 and welcome to the forum :)

New members cannot make their own threads right away, but you can post your thoughts as a reply in a thread that's on the same topic, or go to a thread like "totally random comments and questions" and post a reply there.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989829/ts4-totally-random-comments-and-questions
  • syzsynsyzsyn Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi. I'm playing a sim with charisma at level 8 and I cannot seem to find the "invent new hashtags". I already created a social media account for my sims but the option doesn't appear. Any idea anyone?
  • Neutral_Warlock16Neutral_Warlock16 Posts: 7 New Member
    I would recommend giving your sims careers which compliment their personalities and lifetime wants\wishes.
  • Princess of Da'varhPrincess of Da'varh Posts: 344 Member
    Hello. :)

I'm a big fan of the Sims games and am super excited for the new Sims 4 pack that comes out soon...
    In my free time I like to write. I make stories in the Sims 4. :)
  • Therius_94Therius_94 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello SImmers, i'm Therius Oktavario from Pontianak, West Kalimantan, Indonesia

I'm a Sims gamer since 2007
    Welcome to the forum!
  • SimtokuSimtoku Posts: 19 New Member
    Hello and nice to meet you all!

I have been playing since Sims 1 was out, continued to Sims 2, then Sims 3 and here we are now, playing Sims 4. I'm enjoying the game a lot and have almost every DLC for the base game. Strangely I do miss burglars from previous games and wish that some day they are officially added in Sims 4 to make it more thrilling to play. We do have a villain career in Sims 4 and kleptomaniac trait so I'm wondering where the regular burglars are hiding. Maybe someday we find out what happened to them.

My tip for playing The Sims 4 would be to save your newly created household/sims to your own gallery before leaving sims creation!

Too many times I have lost hours and hours worth of work creating my new simies only to loose everything after trying to move them in a lot right away only to have my laptop crash completely. I realised only yesterday that I can and I should save my sim families in my gallery before trying to move them in any lot.

Play smart and save your progress when ever you can if your computer/laptop has behaviour to crash sometimes.

Hope you all are well and may the new week treat you all kindly!ヽ(✿^ u ^)ノ
    Hi and welcome @Identity , @Therius_94 and @Simtoku :)
    edited March 2023
    Hi and welcome @Identity , @Therius_94 and @Simtoku :)

I can't believe I only just saw your reply. 1000 apologies! Thank you for the welcome @mightysprite ^^

edit - cool profile pic by the way! I might use my Sims at some point but I wish I was better at creating them.
  • grammblagrammbla Posts: 1 New Member
    As a new member, am I not able to post a new thread? I don't see how to post a new question.
  • Leila_Leila_ Posts: 421 Member
    grammbla wrote: »
    As a new member, am I not able to post a new thread? I don't see how to post a new question.

Hi,

As a new member you are restricted in what you can do, to be able to post a new thread you must be a Member.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    grammbla wrote: »

@grammbla,

Hello and welcome to the forums... :)

In order to be able to posts pictures and have an avatar, you first need to become a full member because as of right now you are considered a new member. New members are restricted from starting new threads, posting pictures and links, having an avatar or changing one, sending private messages to other members. In order to become a full member, you will need to have 25 points, 15 posts and an account older than 24 hours.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978073/new-members-guide-welcome-to-the-forums

For any New members who want to get their post/point count up, the best thing that I would advise you to do is to find threads that may interest you and join in on them or go to the Off Topic section and join in on some of the word/story games over there. The posts made over in the forum section will go towards your post count whereas the posts made on your wall and the Activity Feed doesn't go towards the total post count. The only thing that you will get if you should make any post over on your wall or Activity Feed will be any Insightfuls, Likes or Awesomes as they will go towards your total points count. Hopefully creating your posts on other threads will also increase your points... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories

A link with a list of badges that gives out points.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/badges

And this link is a tutorial on how to use the site.. :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811263/a-complete-forum-tutorial/p1

A link for a thread for New Members to introduce themselves to the community.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself/p1

I would suggest for all new members to go and read the rules of the site before posting... :)
    A link to Forums Etiquette, Warning/Banning Process and the Forum Rules... :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

And I would also suggest reading the thread about necroposting as well as there is a rule about it in the rules section. I would also suggest checking the title of thread as well as the location of the thread since we have older Sims games sharing this forum. An example would be if you're a TS4 player and have an issue with the game, please check to make sure that they thread that you have brought up isn't a TS2/TS3. I have provided links at the bottom of this post for "New Members" to be able to posts their issues in.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983366/lets-talk-about-necroposting-🧟

And for anyone who may have any issues with TS3, here's the link for New Members to post their TS3 issues in.
    Sims 3 issues
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976212/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues-2020-version#latest

The EA team has moved The Sims 4 Help Center section to the Answers HQ Forums now. The Sims 4 Help Center section on this forum is now "Read Only". So you will need to click on this link if you have any issues that you want to report to EA and hopefully get the help that you need... :)
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

And for name changes, you can request them on @EA_Cade. @EA_Lanna will still be on the forums to help out when she can... :)
  • morpomorpo Posts: 3 New Member
    Im new to the sims and im trying to build a house I used to live in when I grew up.

Is there any way to remove the foundation at one specific place but keep the walls? https://i.imgur.com/EKjx7Rp.png
    edited March 2023
    Hi @morpo and welcome :)
    You can't remove the foundation exactly, but you could give that room of the house a different type of foundation, like a deck foundation or a stilt foundation, that would be open to the ground below (though you can't put things under there).