Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Thanks for #6! I did not know I can reset them!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I saw your post in the new simmers thread and though it was great information for all simmers. Not just new simmers. Glad you made a thread. 🙂 Easier to bookmark.

How'd it go with the Scouting Badge?
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2022
    I agree with a lot of this. When I started playing I was trying to make sims perfect with as many traits and skills as you could get and it does just turn into a bit of a factory of having kids and repeating over and over.

When I took a more ‘let’s just go do that/oh they messed that up? No problem’ attitude to the game and started to fully explore packs and events and community lots instead of just the features that worked with legacy gameplay, and didn’t care so much if my sims were perfect, a lot more fun for sure.

A lot of this game is based around your imagination. Having a sim fulfil an aspiration can be something you can just grind out in a day, or you could take a day on most individual steps and it becomes a lot more meaningful and rewarding, at least in my opinion.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @KathMHughes Good Suggestions, it reminds me of my first play through of sims 4, I finally realized I was playing all wrong. I had a very nice and big house and a family of about 6 sims, and maybe 1 cat. But what I failed to do was experiment with various things much, and build friendships with other sims, I was so focused on micromanaging my sims and making money that I missed out on much of what makes the sims fun. I restarted fresh and used some of what I learned to better my experience.
    Get Together, one thing I sometimes do is instead of creating an almost perfect club based in one location, I will start a club early in game at my house and do things that I can do based on what I have, like eat food, watch tv, garden, paint etc. This builds up my points for the club. Then later on I can find a permanent club location and pick more long-term activities to engage in.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    How'd it go with the Scouting Badge?

It's so fun! It's with a group in England called the Rebel Badge Club. There's badges for outdoorsy, indoorsy, artsy, community focused, and health focused activities. I'm thinking of it as a bucket list of things to try before I turn 40.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Great tips @KathMHughes This should help many a new player. I hope you get your badge!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    thank you for sharing! i'm a longtime player and these are great tips for anyone.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    These are some great tips. Thanks for sharing.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Superhyde12Superhyde12 Posts: 11 New Member
    When I was first starting out in the game, I was only 10 and playing 1st Sims at my rich friend's house whenever she would let us haha. now, I have come a long way. I use cheats in every game, and I use Deadpools MC Command Center. I learned so much from YouTube and just reading what other people do in their games. Each person is different, and I love pooling different ideas from other Simmers and trying them out in my game. Experimentation is key, and having an open mind is extremely important!
  • MeshiahMeshiah Posts: 1 New Member
    Can I make ny own discussion?
    Meshiah wrote: »
    Can I make ny own discussion?

@Meshiah Welcome to the forum. 🙂

You'll be able to start discussions once you become a full member.

See this thread for info on becoming a full member.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
  • hamzafaraz973hamzafaraz973 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello eveyone!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Hi @hamzafaraz973 welcome :)
    gen3-banner.png
  • Queengamer2023Queengamer2023 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello Iv started a twitch all things sims 4 related please give me a follow @Queengamer2023
  • QueenOfNowhereQueenOfNowhere Posts: 29 Member
    Hello, I’m a long-time fan and player of The Sims games. I started with the Sims 3 which I played for hours and hours for years. I moved up to the Sims 4 when that came out and have loved the new additions and life its brought to the series, the graphics are different but I think it’s a good different. I like the creative tools as well. I write a lot of stories and also use the Sims 4 for my story making and writing ^^

A little about me...: I have Autism. I’m passionate about writing, acting, collecting things, music (OMG I do sooo much singing) and I love watching movies and TV series. I spend most of my time singing, writing and acting... I love to be creative which I think is why I love the Sims games so much. I like doing Youtube videos, nothing big, just expressing my creativeness and doing video diaries.
    Hi welcome to the forum @QueenOfNowhere :)
    gen3-banner.png
  • QueenOfNowhereQueenOfNowhere Posts: 29 Member
    > @mightysprite said:
    > Hi welcome to the forum @QueenOfNowhere :)

Hello...! Thank you so much! :-)
  • Sims007Sims007 Posts: 2 New Member
    I am quite unhappy with the help service. I bought the $7 new xmas house some weeks ago and it placed in on the market square instead on an empty house slot and now I see the house in the market square and cannot delete it. have been trying to contact people and reported the bug but have been ignored so far. Any advice?
    Sims007 wrote: »
    I am quite unhappy with the help service. I bought the $7 new xmas house some weeks ago and it placed in on the market square instead on an empty house slot and now I see the house in the market square and cannot delete it. have been trying to contact people and reported the bug but have been ignored so far. Any advice?

@Sims007 I'm not aware of new content for the game. Are you referring to content you purchased for the Sims 4?
  • BigBadBobBigBadBob Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm just learning the ropes, but it seems things don't quite work the way they are supposed to.
    I get a message that my notification wall is full but I can't find a notification wall.
    I get messages about selecting options for the sims that are not available, such as the death flower.
    The sims time their desired behavior for times when it will not help them meet their goals.
    The sims quit listening, do their own thing and generally self-destruct, for example a career astronaut stops bathing, using the toilet and sleeping and loses his confidence, his temper and his job because of it. His wife, who works as a babysitter, stops eating and starves to death though he and she are gourmet cooks and their house is full of food. Neither will do anything they are directed to do.
    Every sim eventually self-destructs in a similar manner.
    If left to themselves, sims will not do anything to advance themselves and will fail in all career aspirations, but too much direction and they will just wave their arms and ignore instructions entirely.
    It seems I am not learning the ropes except the one with a noose.
  • amandaashley32amandaashley32 Posts: 2 New Member
    :) Ok so I am new to the game and want to now how do u unlock the free festival pass?? I have 6000 tickets 🎟️ and where do you go to unlock it?? :)
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    :) Ok so I am new to the game and want to now how do u unlock the free festival pass?? I have 6000 tickets 🎟️ and where do you go to unlock it?? :)

Do speak of the mobile version of the sims? Maybe this will help you: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/sim-festival-faq?isLocalized=true
    Hi and welcome @amandaashley32
    If you are talking about the Sims Sessions, those were limited to one week in July 2021 unfortunately.
    gen3-banner.png
  • Tiffers3383Tiffers3383 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi all, new to forums here so i hope this is okay to comment as a newbie. I've been playing Sims 4 for quite sometime on ps4 and i noticed with the children aspirations (More specifically the jungle gym while playful) not checking the box when task is preformed? Is anyone else experiencing this issue, or more importantly know how to fix it..