Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    I'm planning to start a sim with the Loner trait and am thinking of also adding the Needs No One trait through a cheat. Would I be cheating away anything other then the decaying of the Social bar in Needs?

My past experiences with sims with the Loner trait is that their Social bar can decay all the way to red with no problems, except that it overshadows other needs till they become a crisis unless I keep the Needs window open all the time.

Through a brief experiment last night I'm fairly certain that the only difference between having just the "Loner" trait and having both the "Loner" and "Needs No One" traits is that in the second case the Social needs bar doesn't decay. Threw a loner into a crowd for about 15 minutes twice, second time I gave her the additional "Needs No One" trait, both times she had the Tense moodlet.

Sorry if I'm boring you with this, just something I was really curious about and couldn't find a definitive answer for.
    The cake is a lie
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,901 Member
    I'm planning to start a sim with the Loner trait and am thinking of also adding the Needs No One trait through a cheat. Would I be cheating away anything other then the decaying of the Social bar in Needs?

My past experiences with sims with the Loner trait is that their Social bar can decay all the way to red with no problems, except that it overshadows other needs till they become a crisis unless I keep the Needs window open all the time.

Through a brief experiment last night I'm fairly certain that the only difference between having just the "Loner" trait and having both the "Loner" and "Needs No One" traits is that in the second case the Social needs bar doesn't decay. Threw a loner into a crowd for about 15 minutes twice, second time I gave her the additional "Needs No One" trait, both times she had the Tense moodlet.

Sorry if I'm boring you with this, just something I was really curious about and couldn't find a definitive answer for.

try the carefree trait ;)
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker

try the carefree trait ;)

LOL
    She'd then be one of those influencers that calls themselves a loner without really knowing what it means.
    The cake is a lie
    edited April 2021
    influencers ? the carefree trait i use so my sims dont get tense if they go to the bathroom and some one is already there :P
    influencers ? the carefree trait i use so my sims dont get tense if they go to the bathroom and some one is already there :P

Was referring to YouTubers and such that claim to be loners and friendless then seem to step all over their previous statements the more they try to talk about it. And I thought you mentioned Carefree to take away my loner-sim's tensions about being around crowds, which in addition to having "Needs No One" would pretty much wipe away her Loner trait.

Tense moodlets from walking in on someone in the bathroom etc. I just talk it out in a mirror.
    The cake is a lie

Was referring to YouTubers and such that claim to be loners and friendless then seem to step all over their previous statements the more they try to talk about it. And I thought you mentioned Carefree to take away my loner-sim's tensions about being around crowds, which in addition to having "Needs No One" would pretty much wipe away her Loner trait.

Tense moodlets from walking in on someone in the bathroom etc. I just talk it out in a mirror.

okay ! still not following... lol and i dont watch youtubers so i dunno nothing about that... but i thought you wanted to not be tense w your sims ingame , i just try to minimize and/or take away negative moodlets like tension , and jealousy etc. so i use carefree and shameless traits on most my sims.

okay ! still not following... lol and i dont watch youtubers so i dunno nothing about that... but i thought you wanted to not be tense w your sims ingame , i just try to minimize and/or take away negative moodlets like tension , and jealousy etc. so i use carefree and shameless traits on most my sims.

I actually want my sim to have the loner reactions to crowds and strangers, problem I've run into is the decaying Social in needs tend to hide other decaying needs unless I sacrifice the screen space to keep the whole Needs window open all the time. I'm sorry for the confusion.
    The cake is a lie
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

@JustMeAlb I think NeedsNoOne is just a strong version of Loner.

Social need decay is slower with Loner than normal, but no decay with NeedsNoOne. Both would have the tense in crowds though maybe? That I haven't tested.

Similar that NeverWeary (other than exertion) never gets tiered, whereas SeldomSleepy takes longer than normal to get tiered. About twice as long I think?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Admiral8Q wrote: »
    @JustMeAlb I think NeedsNoOne is just a strong version of Loner.

Social need decay is slower with Loner than normal, but no decay with NeedsNoOne. Both would have the tense in crowds though maybe? That I haven't tested.

Similar that NeverWeary (other than exertion) never gets tiered, whereas SeldomSleepy takes longer than normal to get tiered. About twice as long I think?

Didn't feel like to me the Social need was decaying slower for my Loner sim, but I'm finding plenty of others that agree with what you've said. May not have been paying close enough attention to the Needs at the time.
    The cake is a lie
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,844 Member
    bestjuju wrote: »
    Hi! Does anyone have the link on how I can gain points and what is considered a "post"? I would really like to become a full member :smiley: Thank you!

-Juju

Hi @bestjuju. Welcome to the forum. 🙂

This thread has information on becoming a full member.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
  • RhiSimmerRhiSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    How many of my fellow simmers always start out their new families/households by saying "I'm going to play with no cheats" and then 5 minutes later are cheating away?!
    lol NEVER. I support simoleons for everyone.
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    > @RhiSimmer said:
    > How many of my fellow simmers always start out their new families/households by saying "I'm going to play with no cheats" and then 5 minutes later are cheating away?!

This used to be me, but I since learned that if I cheat needs or money, I get bored very quickly. I use all the build cheats and CAS fulledit, but steer clear of gameplay cheats to keep my game fun for me.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    RhiSimmer wrote: »
    How many of my fellow simmers always start out their new families/households by saying "I'm going to play with no cheats" and then 5 minutes later are cheating away?!

I used to do this usually to re-enact the stories I had in mind and needed the house/setting for my characters. I am now trying to do my first legacy save, and with a single income and two kids, it's... not going well, to put it gently. Even though it's frustrating, it is worth the effort.
  • zoldos9zoldos9 Posts: 53 Member
    > @RhiSimmer said:
    > How many of my fellow simmers always start out their new families/households by saying "I'm going to play with no cheats" and then 5 minutes later are cheating away?!

I always use the money cheat and free real estate. lol
    ~Z~
    > @figgy said:
    > This used to be me, but I since learned that if I cheat needs or money, I get bored very quickly. I use all the build cheats and CAS fulledit, but steer clear of gameplay cheats to keep my game fun for me.

What is CAS fulledit? I haven't heard of that. Building is fun, if tedious!!
    ~Z~
    zoldos9 wrote: »
    > @figgy said:
    > This used to be me, but I since learned that if I cheat needs or money, I get bored very quickly. I use all the build cheats and CAS fulledit, but steer clear of gameplay cheats to keep my game fun for me.

zoldos9 wrote: »
    > @figgy said:

cas.fulleditmode is the cheat ;)
    @rongtudjuuu Ah, k, cool. Thanks!
    ~Z~
  • Twiggy_32Twiggy_32 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm looking for a gaming desktop that can hold my Sims 4 game with all its expansion packs as well as all my cc and mods. Can anyone advise a good desktop please?
    Twiggy_32 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a gaming desktop that can hold my Sims 4 game with all its expansion packs as well as all my cc and mods. Can anyone advise a good desktop please?

I always go for homemade PCs. Sims 4 doesn't seem to have extremely high requirements, so you probably wouldn't need a super expensive computer. Mainly something with disk space (preferably an SSD), and a decent video card and RAM.
    ~Z~
  • Twiggy_32Twiggy_32 Posts: 2 New Member
    @zoldos9 Sims 4 doesn't but the cc and mods I need to make enjoyable do take up a lot of space.
  • ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    edited April 2021
    Yow! 6 months not coming in... Sorry, people!

So... another "Hello" and well wishes for everyone in here.

As I haven't had much free time to play, I'm way behind the times, as it were, and this is a great place to catch up on the latest and greatest that's going on with the game.

As a non-front-line, non-medical "Critical Infrastructure Employee" essential worker in the earlier days of this mess, I actually found myself working more than in the "Before Time" so that leaves little to leisurely pursuits, but again a site like this can help one stay caught up.

Even though most everyone is back to work (hopefully) and not just essential workers I'm still rather swamped as we're short handed still.

@Twiggy_32 Yes, same for me. Mods, especially MCCC have made the playing experience a good deal more engaging for me.

Alas when they do patches I find myself looking for and downloading the fixes that mod authors come out with after a few days.

Best wishes to all:

-Kim
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    Hi, I'm new :) I already posted on another newbie thread, but it looks like a much older one. Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out how this forum works. I'm excited to contribute to Sim-related discussions ^_^ I just got the Island Living pack today (I'm very stingy with myself when it comes to getting new pack, so I don't have many) and I'm vicariously living my best life, building sand castles on the beach rn haha

Also, I was wondering if there's a part of the forum where Simmers just casually chat about their gameplay? I'm super interested in how other people like to enjoy this game. Thanks!
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Hi, I'm new :) I already posted on another newbie thread, but it looks like a much older one. Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out how this forum works. I'm excited to contribute to Sim-related discussions ^_^ I just got the Island Living pack today (I'm very stingy with myself when it comes to getting new pack, so I don't have many) and I'm vicariously living my best life, building sand castles on the beach rn haha

Also, I was wondering if there's a part of the forum where Simmers just casually chat about their gameplay? I'm super interested in how other people like to enjoy this game. Thanks!

Try one of the What Happened in Your Game Today threads. The nonserial version is a bit more casual.
  • ParkPark Posts: 625 Member

@magic_cat_tree Also try The "Welcome to the Forums" category. There are a couple handy-dandy threads there about how it all works, do and don't, etc. And the "Sims 4" category. I'm sure you'll be able to jump in somewhere, ask quesions or tell how the new pack you bought is working for you.

In general if you click the "Categories" tab you'll surely find something of interest.

Good luck and most of all, have fun!