Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for mods for kinda multi-functional lots

GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
edited April 2020 in General Mods Discussion
Hi guys!

Lately, I have seen several topics about the lot types in the game.
My biggest dream for Sims 4 is multi-functional community lots.
What's annoying me in the game the most is that we very often get really big lots and honestly, I don't know what to do with them.
I really really dislike big buildings which have only one purpuse. (But hey, it's just only my opinion ;) )

Well, I see a lot of great builders building streets with several shops on one lot.
For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6CTjhnif9U

I tried to play it but it bothers me too much that the sims will be hanging out too much at one specific shop (for example the cafe if the lot type is a cafe).

Because I don't think EA is gonna ever give us multifunctional lots because of the lot types system, I was wondering if some of you were able to make this a little bit more realistic using some mods. I am definitely not new to mods, but just never could find something that could me help with this.
👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR

Comments

• Options
    TombRaider_TombRaider_ Posts: 24 Member
    I've tried this before, and sims from the sims 4 don't seem very intellegent when it comes to utilizing community lots. I've looked for mods like this before and I could not find any. I've seen lots of ideas about making this possible, such as assinging areas of the lots for different purposes. Like zoning in city building worlds. It would be cool to have like a strip district of a few different venues in one lot.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I find park lots to be most enjoyable for multi-funcitonal lots as the variety of things Sims will autonomously do on these lots is greater than for other lot types.

That being said, I've also never come accross a mod that allows for multi-functional lots.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I find park lots to be most enjoyable for multi-funcitonal lots as the variety of things Sims will autonomously do on these lots is greater than for other lot types.

That being said, I've also never come accross a mod that allows for multi-functional lots.

Wauw, thanks. I will try that myself! :smile:
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited April 2020
    It kinda can be solved with LittleMsSam preferences lot traits. For example I had a wellness-centered retail which was also combined with Spa/Gym type venue and worked well because I used Body & Soul preference trait. So sims were both buying stuff and exercise.