The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Supernatural Saga

Comments

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited June 2020
    My Seventh Heaven build is now up on the Gallery for anyone interested. My Origin ID is in my signature :smiley:

Update on current build:
    TdjSBln.png
    I'm really excited about this place!
    Post edited by GracieO312 on
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I look forward to the next part great story
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
    edited June 2020
    Thank you so much @drakharis! It means a lot that you are enjoying my story :)

Thought I'd update you all on what I've managed to do today on my warehouse build

I think it's shaping up nicely

Exterior
    goGf9u3.png
    gr0FHrq.png
    xWrOFsk.png

Interior
    aJPztTo.png
    BStfhqR.png
    G81dVx5.png
    V5W3Bvl.png
    RuZ75wO.png
    NyQBcYK.png
    cVyg8AF.png
    New build update!

It looks like I haven't done much but placing all those pipes and using the TOOL mod has literally taken me all day :tired_face:

Hopefully it will be worth the effort though!

rlketU9.png
    mSZADpk.png
    wAySA93.png
    wGSOUsO.png
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    There's ramps and catwalks in Sims4? :o
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Yeah they came with Eco Lifestyle. They look great but once you've placed them you can't pick them up again so you have to be pretty confident with your placements (you can undo)! It's annoying but I love them so so much :love: wish they came in different colours though. I managed to make some of them walkable, too :)

NUPDxLP.png

I used the glass flooring from Island Living and lowered them using the TOOL mod so the light still passes through them.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    My gosh your builds always astound me :o I'm so glad you're sharing the process of it!
    edited June 2020
    I'm still working on it!

3N29xqT.png
    ERrE77c.png

I had a bit of builder's block when it came to the outside but I'm back and chipping away at it
    Exterior = finished!

I might remove some grass here and there before I upload the finished product though...
    It's really hard to make places look abandoned in the Sims 4 haha! Could have done with some broken windows but I tried my best with what we have

TOrzxPr.png
    ER4YQ7E.png
    aY8HZj4.png
    VNNZQYx.png
    wHWFbJV.png
    cNNT1Cr.png
    PARJlUE.png
    ThECSV5.png
    AppUI3M.png
    1RQHjHL.png
    xJ2cKQQ.png

Now to just finish off the inside and then I'm finally done :grin:
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited July 2020
    Wow, these builds are INCREDIBLE. It looks so realistic! Looking forward to the next bit of the story as well. Have bookmarked this!
    Post edited by SquirrelTail15 on
    banner.png
    Thank you @SquirrelTail15! This latest build has taken me longer than anticipated but I'm slowly getting there...

In the meantime here's a little sneak peek at what I did today!
    jFZo8Q5.png

I'm so close to finishing it I can taste it!!
    I haven't done one of these bad boys in a hot minute!

Dr. Von Croy (Alien)
    BhdyY23.jpg
    My abandoned factory build is now up on the gallery (Origin ID in signature) :)

Played around in Blender today and created this pose for my story... yes I am still working on it!
    5o4fBKG.jpg
    Still needs some tweaking around the hands but I'm pretty happy with it
    Chapter Eight.

05:45. Somewhere underneath San Myshuno.

It was early dawn by the time Vincent caught the Arts Quarter/Spice District train. Fortunately, the subway car was unusually empty aside from a few juiced Sims making their way home from a night on the tiles and an equally exhausted doctor beside him.
    U2ReYpT.jpg
    Vincent hoped, against all logic, he would wake up in a few hours and realise that his entire night was all just a figment of his incredibly active imagination.
    His lids grew heavy as the train gently rocked from side to side as it sped towards its final destination. Within a few short minutes he was fast asleep and snoring as loudly as some of the other passengers.
    Leaving the Spice District’s subway stop he was met with a miserable overcast sky. Perfect weather for catching up with some well-deserved sleep.
    He slowly shuffled towards his building, dragging his feet behind him as he went.
    qH79gZh.jpg
    Exhausted, he entered his bedroom and crashed onto his bed without removing his clothes. He remained unconscious until late the next evening.
    UZZp8y4.jpg

The sunset was bathing the river in a warm, orange glow by the time Vincent finally emerged from his bedroom. Once showered, he left his apartment and headed for the bar across the street.
    lBB7tEx.jpg
    It was a little out of character for Vincent to visit a bar but he had no intention of staying long. Just a couple of EAPAs to take the edge off the last few days. He was on vacation, after all.
    SenQC4I.jpg

Seventh Heaven. Spice District. A couple of hours later.

“Hey, it’s me. You’re friend has been at the bar all night,” a short pause followed as the bartender listened to the other caller, “uh huh, he’s very juiced right now,” another pause followed, “yeah, I think you need to come pick him up. Like now, please! He was rambling about us to all my customers...”
    TGOSdzk.jpg
    She was quiet a moment before expelling a loud, annoyed sigh, “yeah, no, I’m not joking. He’s only gone and scared them all off. I need my tips to pay my ridiculously high rent! No customers equals no roof, remember?” The tinny voice of the other caller blared at her down the line. Exasperated, she half-heartedly listened as she inspected her nails.
    UPyVmVx.jpg
    “Fine. I’ll see you soon and be quick about it, yeah?” She hung up and crossed over to where Vincent was unceremoniously slumped over the bar.
    “Excuse me, sir! You’re friend is coming to pick you up soon. You need to wake up now,” she waved at Vincent, desperately trying to get his attention. It was no use; Vincent remained dead to SimNation.
    It8qpBH.jpg
    She frowned and sighed at the pitiful juiced Sim in front of her, shrugged and then resumed cleaning the glassware.
    Before long, the bar door swung open.
    “Watcher, how long has he been like this, Tifa?”
    “Too long, Caleb. Now get him out of here!” She snapped over the counter, “he’s been saying some really dodgy stuff. What did Lilith and I warn you about trusting human cops? He needs to leave before he chases any more of my customers away. Now!”
    Uv8gBlQ.jpg
    “OK! OK, I got it,” Caleb assured her, “we’re leaving. Right, Vince?”
    “Unhand... me-ee... foul beast...” with an empty juice bottle still in hand, Vincent gave a small hiccup as he clumsily batted Caleb away. Caleb lost his footing as he staggered backward to avoid being smacked in the face by Vincent’s burly arm.
    gUSmo0y.jpg
    “Oh good,” said Caleb as he righted himself, “you’re still alive then! Alright, it’s about time we got you home. You do remember where that is, don’t you, Vince?”
    “No-oo... but I bet you do...” Vincent said, slurring his words, “and stop calling me that. I don’t know you... you... you creepy vampire Sim!”
    OrSRQJq.jpg
    Caleb laughed nervously as he roughly hoisted Vincent to his feet. As they approached the door, he turned and waved goodbye to Tifa. She returned the gesture and watched the pair stagger out onto the lamplit street.
    WakvDdb.jpg
    They’d barely left the bar when Caleb suddenly stopped and spun to face Vincent.
    “Listen,” said Caleb as he grabbed Vincent’s broad shoulders, “I want to show you something. Somewhere, actually. I think it may be of interest to you. It might make things a bit... clearer for you. You just need to sleep off what you’ve drank tonight and I’ll come fetch you from your apartment tomorrow. How does that sound?”
    nRn0I6R.jpg
    Vincent mumbled something incoherent before breaking free of Caleb’s grasp. He managed to stagger a few paces towards his building before he stopped, doubled over and promptly vomited onto the street.
    xIUVJzy.jpg
    “I’ll see... you... tomorrow, vampire,” he called out to him as he made his way home.
    L7Hk9fr.jpg
    Caleb smiled triumphantly before vanishing into the night.
    QnCCAYG.jpg
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    YES! New chapter! Been waiting for this for so long. In a good way.
    banner.png
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    YES! New chapter! Been waiting for this for so long. In a good way.

Me too! :)
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    Yey new chapter!

Yeah, I'm sorry about the wait. I'm a slow builder! I also said that this part would be the final chapter of part two but that didn't happen. I decided to split it up otherwise a) it meant waiting longer for the new chapter and b) I think it would have been a ridiculously long part so you got it early :)

Glad you're still enjoying/reading, though! Next part will be out quicker than this one as I've done quite a bit of planning/building already :)
  • MageKnightEmolgaMageKnightEmolga Posts: 48 Member
    I've been haunting this thread for a little bit and I just wanted to pop in and say that I really love you're story! It's super interesting and I love your Sims and builds. Keep up the good work! :)
    Aawh! Thank you for supporting the thread and your kind words - it's always lovely to read that people are enjoying and taking the time to read my stuff. It's actually a very daunting experience posting stories online as it just feels like I'm posting into this giant internet void! It can be quite... scary sometimes hahah! :lol:
    edited July 2020
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Aawh! Thank you for supporting the thread and your kind words - it's always lovely to read that people are enjoying and taking the time to read my stuff. It's actually a very daunting experience posting stories online as it just feels like I'm posting into this giant internet void! It can be quite... scary sometimes hahah! :lol:

You must use alot of pose packs to get the vibe and expressions (physical and facial) for your characters. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Admiral8Q wrote: »

You must use alot of pose packs to get the vibe and expressions (physical and facial) for your characters. :D

In this last part I probably made about 20 individual poses - luckily I started on a few a while back as part of my experiment with CC making/Blender learning so I didn't have to make those. Some of them are just static EA animations and some of them are carefully timed EA moving animations (the vomit scene in particular - that was a 'fun' pic to take grr :rage:) It took me quite awhile to get that one. I tried to make Vince sick through actual gameplay (he went through a lot of plasma fruit, the poor thing) but he wouldn't throw up on the floor and only in the toilet, tried the same thing with Suspicious Fizz from EL - he only got possessed (I tried this tactic first because the first time I had a Sim drink it they immediately barfed all over the floor so I thought that was what it did every time - apparently not!)

In the end I gave up and used Andrew's FX player mod and just rotated it using Twisted Mexi's TOOL. I love that you can rotate the FX player and the effects will actually update with the rotation :) sooo handy for storytelling. I feel like not many Simmers know this trick...
    Eeek!

https://a-trace-of-grace.tumblr.com/

Bit empty at the moment... any help with this would be greatly appreciated :) I'm a bit of an internet noob sometimes!
    Eeek!

Bit empty at the moment... any help with this would be greatly appreciated :) I'm a bit of an internet noob sometimes!

Lol!

"This Tumblr has hardly any posts. None at all, in fact."

Well good luck with tumbler then. :tongue:
    Not something I use, though I'm sure there are many experts.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Eeek!

Lol!

Haha I know. It’s looking a bit bare right now but hopefully I will do a bit more research on it and start posting things there, too. I wanted somewhere where I could just post all the chapters all in one place and make it look a bit more organised.
    Eeek!

Lol!

Haha I know. It’s looking a bit bare right now but hopefully I will do a bit more research on it and start posting things there, too. I wanted somewhere where I could just post all the chapters all in one place and make it look a bit more organised.

I like your idea, I'll check it out when you do and maybe share it with others on FB that are interested in unique stories, comic book style.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png