Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animal Crossing

Comments

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    After months of growing hybrid flowers, I now have so many that I spent my morning playtime putting down transparent tiles around them all. No more digging up unwanted buds for me !

On my island it has been snowing everyday, so I was spending lots of time digging up flower buds. Now it can fall, and I don't have to worry about it. I think the amount of snow has increased since we got gyroids. I hope it doesn't constantly rain once the snow is gone.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Yeah digging up flowers is now part of my daily chores.
    Happy New Year!🎉🎉🎉🎉
    I finished sea creatures thanks to Kapp'n. So happy about that. I still have to finish bugs and fish.

I, sadly, took down my Christmas decor in favor of more general wintry ones. Still happy with how things are looking. I tend to aim for enough out to look interesting, but still uncluttered enough to walk around easily.
    Flurry just asked to move out and will be in boxes tomorrow. If anyone wants her on their island, let me know. She is so cute, and I will miss her. I'm only letting her go because I have three normal girls, and I have Flurry's picture.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    My cousin has ACNH and occasionally let‘s me play it. I thought about buying my own but is it still worth it in 2022? Nintendo said that there will be no more major updates and idk, I feel like I might regret paying € 400+ for a console and game that is soon outdated.
    My cousin has ACNH and occasionally let‘s me play it. I thought about buying my own but is it still worth it in 2022? Nintendo said that there will be no more major updates and idk, I feel like I might regret paying € 400+ for a console and game that is soon outdated.

It is a lot to spend, but the game is just as much fun now as it has ever been. It might be more difficult to find others who want to play with you, but some of us are still around.

I don't know if I would spend that much for just one game, but there are lots of others available as well. One of my favorites is Spiritfarer
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    It is fairly subjective of course, I know some who did buy a switch just for AC, but I wouldn't personally. That said I might for other games so I can understand why people would. Just depends what you will get out of it of you think you can easily get hundreds or more hours out of it it may be worth it.

I wouldn't focus too much on the game being almost outdated but rather what joy it can still bring. There's still potential to get hundreds of hours of gameplay out of it. Many would say that the game is at it's best since the final update and was really lacking when it was new so being no major updates remaining doesn't mean it's necessarily at the end of it's life and to some it's only just begun. Lots of people have restarted their islands and made the game all shiny and new again.

But yeah if all you want to play is AC it's pretty expensive just for one game. But the switch is also a wealth of 3rd party/indie games so there's a wide variety and there some great deals on the indie games.

You can also consider the switch lite if playing on the big TV screen isn't a big deal as it is quite a bit cheaper than the original and OLED models.
  • MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    telemwill wrote: »

It is a lot to spend, but the game is just as much fun now as it has ever been. It might be more difficult to find others who want to play with you, but some of us are still around.

I don't know if I would spend that much for just one game, but there are lots of others available as well. One of my favorites is Spiritfarer

That might be more true here but yeah, there are plenty of people who still play. I'm unfortunately burned out from the snow and am about to time travel to the future so I can have green grass again. I can say, you may find more people on Twitch who play Animal Crossing, some of whom also play The Sims games.
  • MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    dreamerz13 wrote: »
    You can also consider the switch lite if playing on the big TV screen isn't a big deal as it is quite a bit cheaper than the original and OLED models.

That is correct. However, there are quite a few games where at least a regular switch is needed. Mainly if you like the super interactive games (Think Just Dance or Ring Adventures). It's really best to think about the main question: Does Nintendo have any games that I'm interested in playing?

Note- I apologize if this seems incoherent. I have a broken brain.
  • E1ethE1eth Posts: 82 Member
    Hi all, I'm E1eth (a Twitch streamer and forum newbie) and I'm so surprised to see an Animal Crossing thread - but also very happy! I went CRAZY playing it when I first got it many many months ago that I burned myself out and haven't played it in over a year. TT^TT I miss it though, it's such a fun game, I'm just so intimidated to pick it back up because I don't want to lose villagers or have a billion cockroaches, yuck!
    ⮕MY DESIGNS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE GALLERY⬅
    e240ae6e-dd5f-4ade-b889-22a7bed06e4f-profile_banner-480.pngI STREAM THE SIMS 4 & SMITE EVERY WEEK ON TWITCH 🌆 CURRENT CHALLENGE: BEAUTIFYING BASE GAME 🌆
    E1eth wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm E1eth (a Twitch streamer and forum newbie) and I'm so surprised to see an Animal Crossing thread - but also very happy! I went CRAZY playing it when I first got it many many months ago that I burned myself out and haven't played it in over a year. TT^TT I miss it though, it's such a fun game, I'm just so intimidated to pick it back up because I don't want to lose villagers or have a billion cockroaches, yuck!

I quit playing after Bunny Day last year, and picked it back up this Fall. You won't lose any villagers. They will just wonder where you have been. The cockroaches are easy to get rid of by just stomping on them. There are so many new things in the game, it was really fun to come back! I also got the new DLC when it came out. That adds a lot too if you are up for buying it. Might be best to wait until you have explored the new additions in 2.0 first though.
    > @telemwill said:
    > I quit playing after Bunny Day last year, and picked it back up this Fall. You won't lose any villagers. They will just wonder where you have been. The cockroaches are easy to get rid of by just stomping on them. There are so many new things in the game, it was really fun to come back! I also got the new DLC when it came out. That adds a lot too if you are up for buying it. Might be best to wait until you have explored the new additions in 2.0 first though.

That's really encouraging, thank you for telling me about your experience! I think I'll have to try picking it back up the next time I feel burnt out on Sims :D lol. And yes I was interested in the DLC! But that's a good idea to wait until after exploring the updates
    e240ae6e-dd5f-4ade-b889-22a7bed06e4f-profile_banner-480.pngI STREAM THE SIMS 4 & SMITE EVERY WEEK ON TWITCH 🌆 CURRENT CHALLENGE: BEAUTIFYING BASE GAME 🌆
    I went villager hunting this morning, and ended up with Cheri. I know I want to keep Rosie as my permanent peppy one, but I won't mind having Cheri long enough to get her photo. That is, if I ever get Goldie's. I have been working on her, but accidentally gave her a wasp this morning. Lol! So glad I can revert villager houses back to their original ones.
    @telemwill That's awesome, Rosie was one of my first villagers ever (old GameCube days!) and both she and Cheri are really cute!

My favorite villager I have on AC:NH is Sherb, that demure little goat dude is just too sweet 🧁😂
    @telemwill That's awesome, Rosie was one of my first villagers ever (old GameCube days!) and both she and Cheri are really cute!

My favorite villager I have on AC:NH is Sherb, that demure little goat dude is just too sweet 🧁😂

He is adorable! I haven't gotten to have him yet. My lazy guy is Erik.
    Is New Horizons your first Animal Crossing game, or was it a different installation that started you on the series? :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Is New Horizons your first Animal Crossing game, or was it a different installation that started you on the series? :)

Hi @E1eth most of the posters in this thread started with an earlier version of Animal Crossing. I started with the GameCube version and then City Folk on the Wii.
    @simgirl1010 That's cool, I started on the same title as you! But I didn't play another one until New Leaf. Then I backtracked and tried out Wild World on DS. 😅

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top