Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Walking away during cooking?

Has anyone noticed a new issue with sims walking away halfway through cooking to go and do something like watch TV?
If so, does anyone know if there is a ticket open about this?

My issue is that sims seem to be walking away from cooking at every stage (chopping, frying, baking, etc) and it's usually to go watch TV.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Happens to me occasionally if I tell a Sim to cook something and then line up another action following it. They will leave that item on the stove and then go do the second thing I told them to do.
  • JueJueJueJue Posts: 80 Member
    edited March 2020
    Yes and it’s driving me crazy! Every household I play they do this constantly and several times making the same meal. I’m having to guard them like a hawk to try and stop them before they get to far away. Fix this issue please EA!
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Mine have done this but it is only in a home where the tv is near the kitchen. I had put it down to a bug following Tiny Homes when I have one living/dining/kitchen space. At first I thought it was to do with the tiny home combi tv/stereo/bookshelf.

Where the kitchen is separate and there is nothing else in the room it doesn't happen in my game.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Yes - any fun object seems to distract them even if their fun is not down - very annoying to have to constantly watch them while they cook or have to get rid of stuff that distracts them.
  • SharkCatSharkCat Posts: 4 New Member
    Hmm it never happened with me in Sims 4, but regardless I always keep a close eye on my sims when they cook, because I have PTSD from all the fires they caused this way in Sims 2.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    been happening a lot recently in my 100 baby challenge, makes it a bit frustrating when she needs to make food for her kids but she keeps walking away
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes, all the time.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yeah I've noticed it lately.I hope it will be fixed.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    So far I have only one sim doing this very annoying behavior and she no longer has a radio OR a tv...little dork! I think it came with TL as I had never had this problem before.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • hyungryhyungry Posts: 29 Member
    I usually turn off sim autonomy whenever that happens frequently. last time my sim ended up causing a fire and dying when I wasn't paying attention lol
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Yes, I've had that happen in two separate households in two separate saves. Both times it happened in starter homes with an open floorplan living room/kitchen. In houses with a separate living room and kitchen, it doesn't seem to happen. It may just be coincidental or the fact that the tv is so close to the counters and stove but that's what I've noticed.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    I haven't noticed it since I started playing until recently. I've been building/modifying big spread out homes. However, since I've recently been compacting things into tiny areas, I often do have to tell my sim, or even 2 or 3 other sims to go and continue the meal. Heh! Take turns at it.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited March 2020
    Yes, I've had that happen in two separate households in two separate saves. Both times it happened in starter homes with an open floorplan living room/kitchen. In houses with a separate living room and kitchen, it doesn't seem to happen. It may just be coincidental or the fact that the tv is so close to the counters and stove but that's what I've noticed.

I’ve also confirmed this in my game. While my sim lived in a small home with the family room and kitchen open to each other she would often if not always stop cooking to watch tv. I’ve moved her out to a bigger home with separated kitchen and family room and she no longer does it. It seems the tv broadcasts too loudly when in close proximity to sims and they just stop what they are doing to go to it.

Though this is new in my games because I’ve had similar layouts in the past and they didn’t do that.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    JoBass24us wrote: »

I’ve also confirmed this in my game. While my sim lived in a small home with the family room and kitchen open to each other she would often if not always stop cooking to watch tv. I’ve moved her out to a bigger home with separated kitchen and family room and she no longer does it. It seems the tv broadcasts too loudly when in close proximity to sims and they just stop what they are doing to go to it.

Though this is new in my games because I’ve had similar layouts in the past and they didn’t do that.

Yeah, it's the same with me. I think it may have started around the last update but I'm not 100% sure.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • ScalesssScalesss Posts: 10 New Member
    Mine have been abandoning cooking constantly since the last update. They have generally high needs, so it’s not a diversion to take care of another need, they just... stop. And they won’t go back to it unless I direct them too. I’ve even had sims autonomously stop cooking then start cooking a different meal before ><
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.