Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Popularity Contest: Which is your favorite Twinbrook household from Sims 3?

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
So, I've posted this on The Sims 3 area, but since its about a custom Sims 4 save file, I thought that it would be positive for me to share it here too. I've been making a Sims 1 to SIms 4 save file, but I'm planning on releasing it in parts (to update each world). The first world, of course, is Sims 1, but one of my favorite worlds in the whole franchise is Twinbrook, so I'm going to do it next. But I want this to be something for all of us, otherwise I wouldn't share, so I wanted your help to narrow down which families I should include in the save, since Sims 4 has some limitations and I f I add tons and tons of sims most of them are probably going to be culled... And I also don't know if I'm capable of doing so many sims, or if my pc can handle it. haha Anyway, I was going to post a poll here, but I tried it before and its frustrating... The polls here are limited to 10 options only, and I wanted to imclude all the households from Twinbrook in it. So, I made it on Survey Monkey. You can access the survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XL2LJHX
Please, leave a comment here too. I'd love some feedback and interactions. Also, I have allowed for you guys to pick from 1 to 3 households, but you can be more specific here on the comments and share which is your favorite sim from Twinbrook.
Post edited by Karon on

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Oh, that brings back memories! I love Twinbrook, brought my legacy heir over there (although I do not remember how exactly I did that) after the original save got corrupted. I'd definitely play a custom save based on Twinbrook!

About your poll, I especially like your love for the minor characters, not just the housed premades. Some of my favorite sims in 2, 3 and 4 are townies/promotional sims. Sadly my favorite npc from Twinbrook isn't on the list. He was a burglar, dark skinned, name of Tad or Todd Collanzo, who married into the legacy. I assume he was randomly generated because the original burglar(s) died? If so, then I'm going to recreate him from my screenshots and make him my starting character in your save.

I also remember how shocked I was to discover that there were two child ghosts haunting the graveyard (one child, one teen, actually, and shame on me, but I had to look up their names just now: Wilhelmina Leaf and Kid Mugg). My legacy family made it their goal to rescurrect and properly raise them, what worked out nicely. They both became Inventors, but no matter how hard I tried, they didn't want partners other than each other. So I caved in, let them marry and move out, but they never had children while controlled by the game.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    The only one I could honestly answer was the first as I never played in Twinbrook. I would always move Molly Coddle and Amy Bull to whatever world I was currently playing.
  • Options
    Oh, @EnkiSchmidt ... Your comment made my day. haha
    I've learned last year that there's a NRASS mode/tutorial that helps you move your whole family and even some neighbors to another world in Sims 3. It was really useful, if you still play sims 3 just tell me and I'll try to find the tutorial for you. And, yes... I think Tad/Todd Collanzo was a randomly generated sim, but I would love to see what he looks like... so... feel free to share screenshots here.
    And... Oh... the child/teen ghosts... Sims 4 could never haha

@simgirl1010 Molly Coddle is lovely, and I love so much Amy Bull... Like... she wants to be a fashion influencer, but she's dressed like a randomly generated sims 4 townie or something hahaha I bet you can challenge yourself to have her learn to dress as a fashionista, and become the ultimate fashion designer she wants to be.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Oh, @EnkiSchmidt ... Your comment made my day. haha
    I've learned last year that there's a NRASS mode/tutorial that helps you move your whole family and even some neighbors to another world in Sims 3. It was really useful, if you still play sims 3 just tell me and I'll try to find the tutorial for you. And, yes... I think Tad/Todd Collanzo was a randomly generated sim, but I would love to see what he looks like... so... feel free to share screenshots here.
    And... Oh... the child/teen ghosts... Sims 4 could never haha

Thank you for your offer, but I've stopped playing Sims 3 in mid 2013 (with a short return during last year's Black Friday sale to play with horses).

Some screenshots of Tad and the ghosts:
    My burglar freshly moved in:
    screenshot-365dxke8.jpg
    The woman in the background is Tamara, who freed him during a break-in, according to the family tradition.
    And as an elder (or adult?):
    screenshot-4374qjcj.jpg
    A distinguished doctor by this time, but still knows how to handle a gun, lol.

The child ghosts:
    screenshot-414l0kvb.jpg
    As teens:
    screenshot-430eyj2j.jpg
    I agree, Sims 4 can be entirely too tame at times. Especially when the next ambrosia is just one trip to the gallery away (I've got a room with a slice tucked away for emergencies in my library). I mean, sure, I didn't like the sight of dead kids roaming around, but on the other hand I had all the tools to repair the situation and afterwards felt accomplished.

And finally when a later generation got banished to the swamp (long story), they met a gost who autonomously helped with the gardening:
    screenshot-31e6k44.jpg
    I think this is Fly Bayless. Does that mean I bulldozed their lot? I might have done so, because of the travel times between their house and school. I don't remember, but fortunately I still have the legacy chronicle somewhere (on paper).
  • Options
    @EnkiSchmidt ah, how cool... Tad is quite good looking, haha thanks for sharing! and... hm;;; whilhelmina grown up looks quite... interesting... urgh... devs and their weird mania of touching up sim-faces when they are kids to make them cuter... the thing is that their faces are smaller, so... the smallest change in it can be dramatci when they grow older.
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    edited January 2020
    I think my favorite sims from this town would be Goodwin Goode and Jenni Jones-Brown. And i also think that Jeremy Goode, a deceased sim from Lunar Lakes, is their unborn son. Gloria Goode is his daughter.
  • Options
    @Forgeron Oh, i've noticed that when there's a pregnant premade, they are always between the favorite sims. haha <3
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    My favorite were the Greenwoods as my sims always made friends with them. I've forgotten their names, but I liked them, oh and the Rackets, Max was a rascal, lol.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    :) Hihihi