Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Between2Worlds [Story] 06/04

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    @DeafSimmer
    Is there something hidden under Bhavna's calm and professional demeanor? I wonder where in the story made you think so. :wink: Yeah, Dew is younger than Athena.

Curtis dating Gabriella is a fact. He's definitely confusing. We're not far from his focus chapters so we'll get some answers. Thanks for reading
    I'll be away from home for a bit and can't pack my computer with me. :)
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited March 2021
    Oh... I'm hopelessly behind on this story, but I promise, I'm still interested. Hoping to catch up some this weekend as I've got 3 days off. :) Also you left lovely comments on KCLKF and I need to reply if I haven't already. :grimace:
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited April 2021
    @AdamsEve1231 It's great to hear from you and don't worry about it! I myself have just gotten back and am still out of it and terribly behind on my simlit reading. We all have busy periods. :) Tc!
    Hey everyone I'm back and dead tired but yay for this one chapter sitting in drafts so I look like I'm so on track but I'm actually not. :lol: The focus on these characters are long overdue so they get some spotlight now. :)

5.3 Homeward Dove
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 It's great to hear from you and don't worry about it! I myself have just gotten back and am still out of it and terribly behind on my simlit reading. We all have busy periods. :) Tc!

Thank you! <3
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited April 2021
    @SnuffyBucket
    “I’m Trevor, I’m so famous and such a good dancer."
    Trevor:
    giphy.gif
    :lol:

Disclaimer:
    This is not canon. I just like teasing my characters. They've all done something weird in my game at one point cuz they're guinea pigs testing out my dumb anims for me. :joy:
    Yes, my sense of humor is borked. :pensive: :lol:
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    @mercuryfoam

I have watched this on loop for about ten minutes and still can't breathe. Your sense of humour is not borked, it's amazing. :joy: Wanting to make animations is borked though. Ugh, effort. :D<3
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @SnuffyBucket
    “I’m Trevor, I’m so famous and such a good dancer."
    Trevor:
    giphy.gif
    :lol:

Disclaimer:
    This is not canon. I just like teasing my characters. They've all done something weird in my game at one point cuz they're guinea pigs testing out my dumb anims for me. :joy:
    Yes, my sense of humor is borked. :pensive: :lol:

I’m laughing so hard! Love it!
    5.4 Primal Instincts

This chapter is really two chapters in one. (But I'm told that its normal simlit length. 🤷‍♀️ ) Just know I tried my best to compact it. Enjoy! :smiley:
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    edited April 2021
    I've arrived B ^ )
    Prologue: I like how opposites attract in the beginning with the tidy celebrity going for the humble farmer. I like the inclusion of how the paparazzi and public have their own skewed views on the couple as well, and that celebrity life is not always glitz and glam, and is quite often, being dragged for things that haven't even been proven to be true. Vile that even her children were targets as well, but also, realistic (people giving death threats to the young children of the royal family over here was a thing for a while).

1.1: The diary format is interesting for this chapter, kids trying to put complex emotions into words with a limited vocab is always a sad thought. Silas and Ginny's laughing and whispering was relatable TBH, that stuff is annoying as ever as a kid... but I feel so bad for her that people blame the death on her. I like the breaks in some of the chapters that cut off at the end, kind of like she's stopped writing and just broken down crying. I like the timejump chapter and that the fact that Athena's gotten herself a bit of an attitude since then. The school doing very little to stop bullying is too accurate. Even if they could prove it they'd just tell her to ignore it over and over, I bet- 'water off a duck's back!' is all good until the water builds up and you find yourself drowning in it.

I'm not surprised Athena fought back, to be honest. You can't push somebody around for years and expect them to keep taking it and taking it...they'll snap one day. That, and with the way they talk about the mother? If I were less of a pushover I'd have probably acted out or screamed at them as well. If you don't fight back then there's no justice done, but if you do, then you're the one who gets into trouble for being unreasonable etc. We're all taught to stand up for ourselves but also to do nothing about undesirable people simultaneously. Sad that she burned the diary, but some memories aren't ones you want to keep around.

they/them or she/her
    edited April 2021
    @DeafSimmer
    Ooh! :smiley:
    In Gabby's reading repertoire, she stumbled across some (ero) office romance cliches and since this is her first romance and with someone who fits that profile, she couldn't help but apply it. :lol: Ah, you're spot on. Gabby does have the jealous trait! :smiley: Thank goodness Curtis was there, eh? All in all a good date! :wink:

@SnowBnuuy
    <3:o Hyee! Welcome to B2W! This is unexpected. I admire that you're giving B2W a go. Lemme get a waiver form for you. :lol:
    Thanks! Opposites is a recurring theme here, explored in a multitude of directions so hopefully each take feels different. Ugh, there were people giving death threats to children where you are? I can’t imagine how they justify their actions to themselves.

I can’t agree more with what you said. Most kids definitely don’t realise how their actions may be perceived by others, even if it’s just whispers. So damaging as is the case here. Bullying is difficult to mitigate true, especially dealing with parents and young children. No one wants to be perceived as the bad guy or have bad parenting.

Athena definitely snapped. Years of tolerating and handling abuse on her own has made her develop an unhealthy coping mechanism of lashing out. So, spot on about her developing an attitude. So true about society preaching conflicting messages of the 'right' thing to do and it's all confusing Athena here.

I’m glad you mentioned the diary. In actuality, Athena didn’t burn it, but my amateur writer-self couldn’t find a way to fit it into the plot. I decided to leave it as it is so I can read back and (cringe at myself) analyse how my writing evolved over time. :smiley:

Thank you so much for reading! B2W has many chapters and I can’t help but admire too that you’re not intimidated by that. That said, feel free to skip commenting on certain chapters, take a break, or skim some parts. It's a rollercoaster so in some places, the dive can be pretty steep.... :wink:

Thank you for making my day <3:kissing_heart: Love reading your thoughts!
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    I've already left a novel on WP, but I think for all the word vomit I didn't emphasise
    how beautiful the library room was. Yup, I'm really here just to repeat how gorgeous it was. I would be seduced by that alone. I'd probably even be willing to ignore the babes and the flags. So I can't really blame Gabby, haha.
    I have returned B ^ )
    1.2: I really like your description of the self-help style book and the doctor on the front cover even though it's a small thing mentioned. I conjured to mind all those smug celebrity self-help books with a grin that really says 'Put Money In My Pockets And I'll Pretend To Improve Your Life'. I'm wondering if maybe along the line, Avery will come to rely too much on the book itself to raise Athena and possibly not enough on her own parenting intuition- just a possible prediction that might possibly affect their relationship. I relate to Athena dressing modestly and not experimenting with style due to being bullied; I was mistreated a lot and picked on for my looks/dress and now I dress as plainly as possible most days in subconscious fear of judgment.

1.3: It's a shame that Athena is always running from something and has gotten to the point where she hates her life. The scary thing is, people IRL play these kinds of attitudes in teens off as just 'teenagers being teenagers' and as such they just go ignored. I hope someone can help Athena somehow.

1.4: I see this other guy in the alleyway isn't perturbed by the other guys at all. Let's see how this goes down.

2.1: I'm glad Curtis helped Athena up after all of that.

2.2: Kian seems like the chaotic and impatient type compared to Curtis's seemingly more 'calm and collected' nature. Yikes, that fight looks pretty terrifying X_X

2.3 and 2.4: I'm really liking your screenshots for the alley scene, the late-night ones give me a slight 'film noir' ish vibe. TBF I can see why Athena has a habit of lashing out sometimes. After all, it seems she can't trust most people, so probably ends up subconsciously putting on a defensive attitude as a result. Poor Avery looks horrified, I don't blame her.

Enjoying this, loving the bite-size chapters as well. Always leaves suspense : D
    they/them or she/her
    @ThePlumbob :D
    Yay for library when all else fails. There's something for everyone. Tbh I'd be too. :joy:
    @SnowBnuuy
    Haha, Avery definitely thinks the way you do about those celebrity endorsed self-help books. It is possible for her to grow dependent on them.

Sounds like Avery has tried a lot of things over the years, but for Athena’s condition to worsen from grade school til her current age, Avery probably doubts her ‘parenting intuition’. Aw, sorry you had such a terrible experience. Kids are ruthless and it’s disheartening when the community around them brushes it off as ‘kids being kids’ or do nothing about it. I can relate to Athena in a lot of ways too.

1.3: Athena is messed up from her experiences and carries a lot of baggages even if they aren’t mentioned. I hope someone helps her too :)

1.4 – 2.4: Lol yeah. Athena has had quite the brush here. Curtis and Kian are quite the shady dynamic duo. Kek. Ah, thank you for the compliment. Film noir-ish vibes is does describe the mood of the screenshots well. And dear Athena is so full of angst. :lol:

Thank you for reading! I’m glad you’re enjoying her story :smile:
    Back again for a Saturday afternoon binge-sesh!
    3.1: Good to see Athena is mostly back on her feet again. Ohh, I wonder where Curtis and his friends have gone off to? I wonder if they got moved on by a local authority from hanging about too much or something. Oh god, Grim Reaper in the bookstore! I'd have screamed the same way Athena did!

3.2: Grim's empty hood and reaching out to her is seriously the most chilling thing...
    'Ah… humans – conversant only with logic and sense.' I honestly love this line. To humans it's all about facts and logic, sometimes you do wonder if we actually shouldn't deny everything metaphysical as much as we generally do. I actually like the slightly-excitable , somewhat cheery dialogue you've given Grim, it's very different from the more 'flat-toned' portrayals and it really stands out. Hoooly gosh so there is more to the magic lore here....I wonder exactly what an Aelrendth is? Interesting to think that there may be multiple Grims, but also makes sense since one guy dealing with every death in the universe would be killer X_X no pun intended!

3.3: Gosh, it's heartbreaking seeing Athena reliving her trauma of her father's death. Curiosity about looking into the Aelrendth, plus not even wanting to think about magic again... Ooh, so Curtis is still alive. I actually like Curtis's little line of 'It sounds like you’ve had a terrible run with some people. It must’ve been hard for you.', it's a bit of validation that I think Athena needs at this point, even if it's from sort-of-a stranger.

3.4: I like this change of scenery from the dodgy back-alley to the park. I'm glad Curtis is a breath of fresh air for her. I'm glad she's gotten to have this interaction with him, someone who sort of gets it and doesn't judge her for her status.

3.5: Yikes, what an admission X_X So, suspected overdose. I'm wondering if Curtis's ties to the death are due to him being the one who supplied the victim the substance? I like the reference to the support as well, very thoughtful.

3.6: Really loving the nightclub design. Kian's assumptions about Athena's life being 'cotton candy and rainbows' are very different to Curtis's apparent attitude that not even the rich automatically have it easy.

Really enjoying the intrigue in this story ^u^
    they/them or she/her
    @SnowBnuuy
    3.1: Possibly. You’d think the authorities would clean up their trash too.

3.2: At least there’s fantasy to explore the metaphysical realm, eh? Personally I’m surrounded by very spiritual people and at the risk of sounding like a lunatic, have lived/seen some pretty unexplainable things. These influences seep into this story. :) . Yup. I tend to reveal lore alongside characters -- the reader only knows as much as the character does. :wink: Grim’s dialogue is a reflection of his character so I’m glad you’re liking him.

3.3: Aw, we often find support and friendship when we least expect and from the strangest of places, right? Interesting that she found it in a street punk like Curtis. :lol:

3.5: Oooh, very nice observation! You’ll get your answer as to what role Curtis thinks he played. I think we both understand where we’re going with our story so it’s imperative to us to provide that little nugget of support at the end of our chapters :)

3.6: Thanks! My man Kian is a brash dude as you pointed out, a far cry from his more subdued friend.

Thank you! I’m happy that you do! <3
    edited April 2021
    Made a teeny bit of progress.
    4.1: I love that Ares admires his older sister! 'No such thing as magic' pffft. I love that although he's so young he still wants to help his older sister and try to understand. I did laugh at the 'see me after class' because he wanted to be good at fighting : P Yikes, maybe Canton isn't the best place to be then...

4.2: I love Avery posing for the camera in a way just because she looks great. 'was this life really worth it? To be admired one day like today, then loathed the next; to live for society’s amusement? ' Yes, this! I love the idea of just casually catching up with the Grim Reaper in the town centre.
    Post edited by SnowBnuuy on
    they/them or she/her
    edited April 2021
    @SnowBnuuy
    4.1: Ares is adorable. His teacher not so.
    4.2: Athena does have some interesting thoughts sometimes. :wink: And yush. Its as if Avery was born for the cameras. c:

@Everyone

5.5 Alliances: Brenna Foreman

Hi everyone! I'll be heading up north for a couple of weeks to visit family so B2W will be put on hold again. (Sorry! But I haven't seen any fam in years so I'm just :bawling: right now.) In sim context, I'll be in Strangerville! Remote, dusty, and surrounded by controversy red, rocky landscape. Thank you so much for reading! Your support means a lot and is helping me through a ghoulish time. You guys are amazing!
    Ch5-tyvm.jpg
    Post edited by mercuryfoam on
    @DeafSimmer
    Personally one triangle is already too much for me. :no_mouth: Kian has always looked good since S1. But if you're wondering how he maintains his bod it's mentioned in the chapter. :wink:

Here you go!
    Athena's hair: x
    Poses: x, x
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Have a great time with your family! :blush: I love the red rocks, as you know, so I'm very jealous! :smile:
    @ThePlumbob
    Thanks! About that.. gov just informed us that they're reinstating lockdowns about an hour or so ago. I guess I'm not going anywhere. O well. :sweat_smile: