Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How old are you?

Comments

• secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    41-50
  • YumikatYumikat Posts: 24 Member
    I am within the 26-30 bracket. Started playing Sims at 14 and got hooked instantly. Started out on xbox with the original sims 1 and sims bustin' out.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Discovered Sims1 in 2000 at the age of 40. Been playing since.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Anything between 10-45 can be considered young, if you word play a bit? Even 60+ in age can be considered 60+ years young. So that particular bit of wording around "a large young female-skewing audience" is age and gender-skewing by itself.

To some people age is just a number, and to me i don't consider it relevant what category is used to define a set of consumers. I also don't see why it is relevant to post my age either with that stated.

They mean teen girls, they definitely wouldn’t be talking about any other age range...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• ValeahValeah Posts: 98 Member
    I turned 51 in December. And I only got into the Sims at the beginning of TS3.
    I am also happy to report that my mother also loved The Sims, and played up until she died at 71.
    A lot of people have been playing since the beginning though, and I don't think they take that maturing base into account. I think there are a lot more over 30 players than they realise. And maybe a little more needs done to reflect that. Just a thought.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    They're DEFINITELY focusing on the wrong people lmao. I mean, I'm not super mad because I'm in there, but seriously... wow...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I'm 30.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • VampireSapphireVampireSapphire Posts: 90 Member
    I'm soon to be 20 and been playing since I was about 12. First game was sims 2 which was 2nd hand from car boot sale and I remember being shocked with my first family when the mother died in the fire and toddler got took away so I had to start again 😂
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    It's all a matter of perspective... ;)
    MusOFTc.jpg
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Old enough to know better.
    ...but young enough to do it, anyway? Me too!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I fall into the forgotten age range 😆😕
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I'm in the forgotten age range, too. :'(
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • vasiliypupvasiliypup Posts: 50 Member
    (i'm late but ) 22 going on 23!!~
    Привет друг

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    am 32, though I am curious for 60+ though xD no seriously who is 60? o.o
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member

You'd be surprised to know how many 60+ year olds play The Sims. 😝
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

You'd be surprised to know how many 60+-year-olds play The Sims. 😝

Lol, no I would not be surprised but love to meets one though.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • kayen_keagenkayen_keagen Posts: 53 Member
    I am a girl.. 29 turning 30 this year. I played the sims since I was 11 or 12. I honestly used to be ashamed to admit I play this game cause not a lot of people I knew play sims. But here’s one day hoping my kids will get into it. Cause I would love to talk sims with my kids. Lol.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I was reading job openings at EA's website and saw this on one of the descriptions "The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base attracting a large young female-skewing audience." It got me thinking about how many of us don't fit into their intended target audience. I'm 30 (been playing the sims since I was 12) and a lot of my friends still play the sims too.

Thirty is young, though, so you do.

I didn't start until halfway through TS3, as far as The Sims goes. Really, though, I started with Sim City. The original. I wasn't female then, and am not now.
  • SimsMamaJackieSimsMamaJackie Posts: 13 New Member
    I’m 32 I’ve been playing on and off since the Sims was first released.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I'm 32. Been playing since the sims 1 came out on console.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    They're DEFINITELY focusing on the wrong people lmao. I mean, I'm not super mad because I'm in there, but seriously... wow...
    If you mean 12-19, this poll is for people visiting these forums and I thnk many young players don’t come here. I don’t think that’s representative.

50-60 myself. Almost halfway.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    60+ and loving every minute, all the years playing since the beginning, the ups and downs, the technology moving forward....etc. <3
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    39, female, and been playing since Sims 2 where I earned the nickname "Sim Killer" :D
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited January 2020
    Dirty zoomer here, currently 18, but turning 19 soon. I guess I am in the minority here, on the forums atleast
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff