Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Like Killing Sims?

Comments

• Options
    quækquæk Posts: 45 Member
    Never I love my Sims too much
    > @Scobre said:
    > Killing Sims in the Sims 4 is really child friendly

Yes, this! I can still kinda remember how intense deaths were in Sims 1. The screaming when someone dies of fire was frightening
  • Options
    LivRaeLivRae Posts: 4 New Member
    Of course all the time
    Always. I live spicing things up and changing how my family runs by killing off one or two of them. Usually by fire. I love my sims but natural death is too boring for me haha.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    No, I never like killing sims. I only did so once to complete my boss sims aspiration, and it was a townie Elder I was not familiar with. My Boss sim fought with him a couple of times. And I figured, well I guess nothing is going to happen. However a bit later I see him walking up to one of the sims bedrooms, and sure enough, the guy passed away. My boss sim got to meet the grim reaper and and he earned his aspiration reward.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Of course all the time
    quæk wrote: »
    > @Scobre said:
    > Killing Sims in the Sims 4 is really child friendly

Yes, this! I can still kinda remember how intense deaths were in Sims 1. The screaming when someone dies of fire was frightening
    Yeah they were fun. My deviance started with the Sims 1 rockets in the house. The house fires were just so pretty to watch. The music helped a lot with the Sims 1 deaths making it feel more scary too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Only in challenges
    Only for challenges and when they die naturally without me forcing them to die.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Occasionally but usually NPCs
    Killing NPCs is fun but my sims are too precious to die. Unless I need to further the elaborate soap-ppera type story I've got going.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I let everyone die naturally, but make my favorite sims vampires
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Of course all the time
    How else am I going to have a haunted house?

(I like to try to experience all the different features in the game meaning I also like to see all the death animations)
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    When I was a kid playing TS1, I thought killing Sims was hi-lar-ious lol. When I got TS2 I only did it to Sims I didn't like... And by the time TS3 came out I was over killing Sims. Now in TS4 I actually hate when a death happens because it takes so long, AND it makes my Sim an emotional wreck for days. AND if they are even a little famous, they will get the emotion bomb trait which is really annoying lol.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    The only Sims that I have ever killed were pre-made Sims and several bartenders and weirdoes. I have never killed a Sim that I created.
  • Options
    mickimagnummickimagnum Posts: 74 Member
    My black widow Sim (not doing the challenge, just playing that way) just killed her elderly husband by woo-hooing him to death. That's my first time purposefully killing any of them. lol
    Origin ID: mickimagnum
    My Sims Blog

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Usually it's NPC's... or townies moved in for that story/challenge ect. For the most part though I grow too fond of my long played ageless sims to kill them off.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I'm mostly a family player so I don't like killing my sims... I get too attached to all my sims and I would miss them if I killed them prematurely :D
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Other: sometimes I kill a sim for my story but that is quite rare. I do kill a lot of elder sims with deadly flower arrangements so that all my townies will have correct family-trees.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,922 Member
    "other" is missing again from poll options :)

if deleting every game created new NPC/townie from manage households tab is counted as "killing", then always.

If it is NOT counted, and only actual killing in-game on purpose (much more easyer just delete the annoying sim/sims from manage household) , then, never.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Of course all the time
    "Accidents" happen. o:)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    When I need to make room for sims coming up in age needing a place to live, then sims occupying space need to die.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    If you asked me 17-19 years ago I'd say yes, I was quite the sadist back then, and had fun killing sims from time to time. Now I would just feel bad about it, even though they're not real people. If I want to kill people I'll play one of the GTA games.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    reasons i kill sims:
    -it suits the story
    -i'm tired of playing them so i will make it suit the story
    -they did something to tick me off and i am over them (whether they are npc or my own sim)

there's certain sims that i have been reluctant about letting die. but i play legacy and they all must go at some point. it's usually my heir/heiress who i become attached to.
    i did the black widow challenge too and there were actually a couple of spouses that i really didn't want to kill because i loved their relationship with my bw. very conflicting challenge lol.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Only in challenges
    My black widow Sim (not doing the challenge, just playing that way) just killed her elderly husband by woo-hooing him to death. That's my first time purposefully killing any of them. lol

I've always wanted to try that lol
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Options
    Only in challenges
    citysimmer wrote: »
    Killing NPCs is fun but my sims are too precious to die. Unless I need to further the elaborate soap-ppera type story I've got going.

Especially when you put a lot of time building and creating them!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Of course all the time
    citysimmer wrote: »

Especially when you put a lot of time building and creating them!
    That is what Gallery and Manage household is for. Kill them off put them back in the game rinse and repeat. I mean unless you do a completionist thing with skills and achievements, not really anything to lose with them saving them in the library.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member

Only the really annoying ones that make me want to jab myself in the eye with a sharp object... NO! I'd never kill my poor little simmies! They are all absolutely wonderful and I love them all equally.

Seriously though, on occasion, I run across a sim that for whatever reason is just really really annoying. I could move them out and let culling have them... but I'm a bit sadistic at times so typically they get locked in a 1x1 basement and left for the reaper to care for.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited December 2019
    Never, if they are annoying I use mods instead to remove their behavior or I edit them in cas.fulleditmode.
  • Options
    Only in challenges
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »

Only the really annoying ones that make me want to jab myself in the eye with a sharp object... NO! I'd never kill my poor little simmies! They are all absolutely wonderful and I love them all equally.

Seriously though, on occasion, I run across a sim that for whatever reason is just really really annoying. I could move them out and let culling have them... but I'm a bit sadistic at times so typically they get locked in a 1x1 basement and left for the reaper to care for.

Or a 1x1 pool and let them just happen to drown lol