Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Was anyone there during the laundry day SP voting?

I'm curious what other kinds of options were available. If you know anything, please comment! Been wondering this since they announced the new vote.

Comments

• poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    surv.png
    screenshot from simsvip.
    i was for dangerous/wedding stuff.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    What a shame. Acrcade stuff would have brought new activites. And I could have made an official arcade. :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    I wasn't really playing Sims 4 back when they did the first community stuff pack, I do own laundry day (it is a decent pack, but at times can be frustrating. When you put the laundry in, your sim needs to be directed to dry or wash.. Sims 3, they automatically did this. They seem to break down a lot (I had to mod it, so they broke less), laundry accumulates quickly, I do about 4 loads per day for just two sims, you only get 1 style of washer/dryer (you can stack them.. So there that? I guess.) It takes forever to wash by hand, and forever to dry them, even in hot weather it took long. I LOVE the clothing and items that came with Laundry Day though, I use them a lot.

I really would had liked to see what could had been done for a Wedding Stuff pack, and Start home seems like it had a lot of potential.

This time around, I am participating in the stuff pack voting. I can't wait to see what happens when the votes for the theme are in.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I would have loved to see the wedding pack or dangerous pack win the last round. This time I'm really hoping that Happy Haunts wins, and that we finally get a graveyard type lot to use with it!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I was around. I got into TS4 sometime after CL came out when I decided there were enough packs out to try the game.

I voted for Wedding Stuff but I was open to most of the other ideas. I do think elements of those packs are showing up though not really anything for weddings.

There was a really strong lobby for the laundry. I didn't vote for it but I ultimately accepted it because I wanted other stuff in the pack. Voting on the art style, the individual objects and the new hair styles was very fun. There are items that I voted for that won and, yes, I use them. There are items I did not vote for but that I use as well.

I think the community was able to add the bohemian influence to the laundry pack which is why it turned out like it did.

Eh, I do use the laundry in most households but I'd like to see other ideas and more varied things to do.

Yes, I'd like to see an update to romance. It seems like there is finally interest in that. This time around, I think they should make a supernatural and a non-supernatural pack based on what we are generally seeing. I think most people would be happy with that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I remember the vote for Laundry Stuff. It was funny because the theme is supposed to be eco-friendly but once it was all said and done, all we ended up with is a washtub and clothesline.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I remember there being a community vote and was upset that laundry of all things won; but can't remember too much else. I probably voted for dangerous living or wedding stuff.

We still need improved romance and weddings. Still no slow dancing. That is what we should of gotten first.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited November 2019
    I remember the salt over laundry winning. The problem was that the Eco Living voters were split into the Laundry and the Eco camp (simplified, of course). Those who wanted laundry had to vote for Eco to get it and those who were wanting Off the grid and similar gameplay had to take the chance that despite them voting for eco, laundry might be winning. It was far from ideal and much as I enjoy the Laundry SP, in retrospect it would have been better had another pack won. At least with "Wedding" you know what you'll get.

(My top votes went to Eco/Laundry, Arcade and Starter, but I do not recall the exact order anymore)
  • TM3305TM3305 Posts: 46 Member
    I completely forgot about starter living. As someone who struggles to make nice starter homes, Starter Home Stuff would get my vote today.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I was here - it was a good idea but they've clearly learned from their mistakes this time around.

I voted for Eco Stuff and was super excited that it won, but was super confused why people were talking about laundry... at which point it became people talking about different eco living ideas and people shouting them down telling them that they only voted for it because of laundry and that's all anybody cared about (I remember one post where the person essentially said laundry will win and I will come back and laugh at every one of you). Then there were lots of people upset about the art results because they wanted the sleek, modern design, which they felt went better with laundry, and so on. Basically, the gameplay feature was one of the last votes they made, and instead of doing ranked voting it was just vote for the one you like best. The only people who were really happy were the ones who wanted laundry and because of the way some people felt so entitled to laundry (not everyone), and who still try to say that laundry is eco-friendly, really put me off of the pack and I haven't bought it (I don't feel like I'm missing out because it still seems like a really boring pack with some good CAS stuff but no actual gameplay - I do not consider watching laundry gameplay).

I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited November 2019
    Yeah, I think I voted for actual Eco-Living. I didn't want laundry in my game at that point so that vote was a major disappointment. I think it's being handled differently this time. I'm only even thinking about finally getting the laundry pack this time to aid my "historical" gameplay.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Participated in that fiasco, voting for eco living. I remember the considerable fighting and ill will all around as eco morphed into laundry. Can understand why since energy hogging machines and nasty chemicals are hardly eco friendly. Had the feeling at the time the community was manipulated into 'voting' for what was already intended. I still wonder if the vote was decided by majority or mere plurality. To take the above list of 5 choices, a choice with 21% of the vote wins, even though 79% don't want it. Majority demands over 50%.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I voted for eco-living and was delighted when it won but then felt cheated when laundry was first of all a gameplay feature option on its own and second of all the winner.

wYHLOyw.png
    kawuQcL.png
    1rLjiv7.png
    pjDrAQI.png

Luckily the pack turned out to be amazing despite laundry being the focus and not actual eco-living.

This time around it looks like they are doing it differently they mentioned on the stream they have learned from the mistakes of the first community pack voting process.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SupacSupac Posts: 14 New Member
    Those were our choices and people still chose laundry. Lame.
    Also, this thread helped me figure out why so many people ask what laundry has to do with eco stuff. I never understood the connection.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Yes, I was around for that depressing and heart breaking fiasco. I wish I hadn't been, though, it did wake me up to how at odds my play style is when compared to the general simming community. I was sure Dangerous Stuff (something we've never seen before) would win, or at the very least, Starter Home (in a game with nothing but pretty things, that seemed a good option too), but neither even came close.

Nope, people wanted washing machines. :sim self mixes a salty llama and swigs it down: Yep...
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I was around for it and I think I voted for Eco-Living which eventually because Laundry Day. However, what I really wanted was canning and nectar making. Laundry barely fit the category to me so I was pretty disappointed it won. I'm glad we eventually got the off-the-grid lot trait though even if I never actually used it.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I would have liked Wedding sufff but that wasn't big so we are getting something to do with crafts I think. Laundry was ok it did give a certain amount of realism to the game I bought it. Not my first choice.
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Supac wrote: »
    Those were our choices and people still chose laundry. Lame.
    Also, this thread helped me figure out why so many people ask what laundry has to do with eco stuff. I never understood the connection.

Odd, isn't it? the other three are fine. The first one is dire.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I wasn't; I actually started playing TS4 right when Laundry Day came out. If I had been there, looking at the options, I probably would have voted for laundry anyway, so yay for me I guess.
  • nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    So this is what happened back then. Now I understand. :lol:

At least this time around they already itemized what features to expect for each theme. If the Farming pack is indeed coming up soon, then I guess some of those Eco-living features could wind up being included there.
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    surv.png
    screenshot from simsvip.
    i was for dangerous/wedding stuff.

Someone from the Sims development team really wants that Grim Reaper career, they submitted for a vote twice.

The wedding stuff looks interesting, but I am glad everyone voted for laundry, because it was the first thing I looked for last year when I purchased the game.

But, I really wish they included the solar panel. I have a mod for that, but would prefer EA so I don't have to worry about upgrading a mod.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    Well yeah, considering the other options, I don't understand how that got picked first. Personally, I would have thought Dangerous, Wedding, or any other stuff pack would have won, easily.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    The big draw was the eco living part, a concept not far from the off the grid in IL. The art voted for was on the simple, old fashioned style which would fit in well. Still think the snookering was the laundry part. Big machines and chemicals are hardly eco friendly. Not to mention being hugely boring.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I was just to late for the first voting round, I only voted on the polls after the eco theme was decided. I am glad they combined theme and main feature this time.

For those who participated last time : how much time was there between the first vote and the actual release of the stuff pack? Just to have an idea of timing, of course it can be different this time around.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    If I knew from the first vote we were going to end up with Laundry I would have voted for Dangerous, and then we might have got our cemetaries, gravestones, mausoleums and proper grieving. It's ok though as I still find Laundry useful.