Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If I could ask for a change with Discover University

It would be that we can set ourselves how many classes you need to finish. I found that doing 12 I maxed out the skills needed and after I got out and started working there wasn't much left to build up other than money. I wish for some growth after University as well.

If we could, in the options, set how many classes it could be tailored for everyones preferences.

Personally I'd go for 6-8, alternatively perhaps being able to learn skills slower would also be a more fun aspect as I'm always playing on Long Lives and it's just not balanced for it.

Anyways, that's probably my biggest (ikr, kinda small) "issue" (well done again, great pack).

Anyone else have that one thing they really would like to change?
You're Breathtaking!

Comments

• popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited November 2019
    1) I would like the game to remind us or highlight the last day of class so we remember to turn in our homeworks and do our presentations on time.

2) Sometimes my Sim’s parents came to visit her at the dorm, but I didn’t even know they were there until I happened to pan the camera that way. There should be a notification when family stops by. It’d also be cool if you could “give them a campus tour.”

3) They need to add a progress bar for term papers, studying, and presentation preparation. Otherwise it’s just a plumshoot guessing game when enough is enough.

For homework, they provide a progress circle in the task queue. Sometimes my Sim completes the progress circle, but keeps homeworking away. If you’re not paying attention you won’t realize they are done.

4) Sims don’t leave for class autonomously on holidays. So you have to walk or bike them over there manually.

I’ve heard some Simmers say the class schedule in the “Career” panel should operate like the holiday calendar. If you have Seasons, your classes show up in the Holiday calendar so just use that! I only use the “Career” panel to double-check the class requirements. It would be helpful if these two functions were merged in some way.

5) I cheated a Winterfest tree into the dorm for Winterfest. It was cute to decorate with the dormies. If we can’t get into Build/Buy without cheats, the game should ask us if we want to receive holiday items into our Sim inventory when it’s a holiday.

6) No offense but the NPC dormies are hideous. It took a mo to go through and CAS them all.

7) option to Lock the Fridge à la the lock computer option! I know I’m basically stealing the random food but I don’t want anyone coming to glom it out of my fridge either. I guess I could lock the door but I occasionally like the randos wandering in to say Hi.

8) an “introduce to...” it’d be cool to introduce visiting parents or hometown friends to our Uni pals!

9) Keg Party needs “call to keg...” like a call to meal command. Otherwise it’s few and far between enjoying the....juice.

10) ok and single bed woohoo.

Edit: add Graduation as an event on the Seasons calendar, please! 🥰
    Post edited by popstarsley on
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    On the issue of sims maxing out skills, I don't see it as that bad.
    Sims are now freed up to do other things with their time.

This is a perfect setup for a hobbies pack.
    This would give our sims something else to achieve and hobbies would be a good reliever for negative moods, instead of crying or hiding from the world in their beds.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    On the issue of sims maxing out skills, I don't see it as that bad.
    Sims are now freed up to do other things with their time.

This is a perfect setup for a hobbies pack.
    This would give our sims something else to achieve and hobbies would be a good reliever for negative moods, instead of crying or hiding from the world in their beds.

It is a perfect setup but alas something we don't have now :smile: I totally want a hobbies and interests pack, or to be frank, shouldn't be a pack, all the items we need for it are already in the game. We just need things tied to them.
    You're Breathtaking!
    Agreed @Wintermist_SWE! Just need more to do with the current hobbies; not necessarily more hobbies.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I wish we could get 2 more trait slots.
    One halfway through Uni and another upon graduation.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I would like all of the following:
    • Better integration with holidays so student sims can take a day off without a penalty and the class schedule just adds an extra day to account for the holiday.
    • Pausing students' progress whilst playing rotationally
    • Stoves in dorms
    • Extra trait slot for graduates
    • Term paper/presentation progress bar

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    LOL, guys, the ONE thing you would like :D
    You're Breathtaking!
    @Wintermist_SWE I mean at least some people limited it to University 🤣🤣🤣
    My 11th one is that I want graduation to not be so anti-climactic. WOW. What a letdown!!!
    My 11th one is that I want graduation to not be so anti-climactic. WOW. What a letdown!!!

Try graduating as a Servo ^^, you won't even get a picture of your servo then, it's a picture of some human. (probably just a bug though)
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Coley666Coley666 Posts: 119 Member
    edited November 2019

5) I cheated a Winterfest tree into the dorm for Winterfest. It was cute to decorate with the dormies. If we can’t get into Build/Buy without cheats, the game should ask us if we want to receive holiday items into our Sim inventory when it’s a holiday.

THISSSS ^^^^^^^^ It's so frustrating to keep having dissapointing holidays. It would also be good if you're able to "go home for the holidays", "invite family round for the holidays"

The commons should be decorated with presents and stuff and be able to host families too
    Sims Builder - Coley666
    jWIA95z.png
    @Coley666 agreed! I did throw a Latesgiving party on the weekend at my Sim’s parents house and invited over some of the dormies. It was pretty fun but it would be way cooler if we could do that on the actual holiday!
  • wildlilly1969wildlilly1969 Posts: 9 New Member
    Progress Bar

Yes please give us a progress ring for Study and the Presentation Board. Dang it i would like to know how much study i have left or how much longer i have on the presentation board so i dont miss class... Thats my only complaint really.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm having no issues with the way term papers and presentation boards are in the game. I keep my sim at it til it's done and then ask for feedback, or tweak it to get it better. I constantly check my sim's Uni schedule to see how much time between classes and what homework needs to be done by when.

I don't need a "progress" bar. It's obvious when it's done because then the options come up to edit, or tweak it.
    It looks like they fixed the problem where Sims would keep homeworking even when the progress circle was complete. But now I have the opposite problem! The progress circle hardly ever moves at all and then magically they are done with their homework. 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Mine would be a way to freeze degree progress for rotational gameplay.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    @fullspiral I can see both ways. I don’t really mind the way it currently is, but sometimes I want to know if I’ll have time to send my Simmie out with friends or another activity.

Also, I love the hair in your avatar! 🥰 Do you know where you got it from?
    It looks like they fixed the problem where Sims would keep homeworking even when the progress circle was complete. But now I have the opposite problem! The progress circle hardly ever moves at all and then magically they are done with their homework. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I have that happening all the time in my game. The circle sits. I just put it on 3 speed and slow down when they stand up or put their book away. At that point, it shows complete in the circle or complete in the tasks.
    edited December 2019
    @fullspiral I can see both ways. I don’t really mind the way it currently is, but sometimes I want to know if I’ll have time to send my Simmie out with friends or another activity.

Also, I love the hair in your avatar! 🥰 Do you know where you got it from?

I switch up. When she's done classes, I send her back to dorm to do homework for the next assigned class. And work on term papers or presentations, or debate skill, or hang out, or whatever. I find with 2 classes and an elective she has time for everything.

I've posted before where I got the hair, but I can't remember now. Here's the sim in blonde that I currently have in Uni. She's Brad Pitt's daughter and going through for Drama (acting).

g8gXQyt.png

It looks better on Worth (my avatar)
    Post edited by fullspiral on
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    This isn't DU-related but since it is in the thread, I'd like more hobbies. I want my sims to be able to do different kinds of activities since I play with many sims with many interests. Sometimes you just want to mix it up with the same sims as well.

As far as DU goes, I'll second the saved progress for rotational play since that would make it easier and the ability to add more traits. As for my own request, I'd like them to keep adding majors if they expand more careers in future packs in the game. This is unlikely but I'd like a desert-themed university to avoid breaking immersion for sims that live in the desert worlds.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.