Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

where is all this food coming from ?

Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
I don't get it, my sim is staying in a dorm and there is no kitchen yet roommates are constantly bringing food. Where are they making it? I feel like such a doofus.
Laugh out loud. Often
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    Probably culinary degree students.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    It's a current bug cause roommates are bringint WAY too much food, but they will leave for a few sim minutes to bring back some food. I end up shoving it in the fridge my sim really packed on the pounds with all the ritzy food like lobster thermador and pasta as well as cake. D:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    oh wow , you don't know how much time I spent looking for that mysterious kitchen. lol
    @starfree and @LadyKyn thank you for your response.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I don’t get why it’s such a big deal to just drag it out of the way. I like the free food. Since we can’t cook real food in the dorms, I’m surprised anyone is bothered. If I had to make my sim deal with it, sure, I’d be annoyed. But I just drag the spoiled food into the sink, on the rare occasion some other roommate doesn’t clean it first. If it makes you feel vindicated, you can drag it into the room of the person who “made” it. 😂
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited November 2019
    @babajayne
    I wasn't worried about the spoiled food or the free food , I was just wondering where it came from. I like the free food too.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    I don’t get why it’s such a big deal to just drag it out of the way. I like the free food. Since we can’t cook real food in the dorms, I’m surprised anyone is bothered. If I had to make my sim deal with it, sure, I’d be annoyed. But I just drag the spoiled food into the sink, on the rare occasion some other roommate doesn’t clean it first. If it makes you feel vindicated, you can drag it into the room of the person who “made” it. 😂

Because my roommates won't clean up or put it away so it doesn't take long for it to go bad. :D

Free food is fine, but the sims can't seem to recognize that there's so much food on hand they just keep on bringing something back when they go out for a bit. Not to mention they're also hoarding food in their inventory which automatically spoils after awhile and they're actually eating it. Pfftt..
    5vJrxmT.png
  • gekko513gekko513 Posts: 10 New Member
    I don't like the free food. It feels very unnatural for a dorm setting to have random roommates bring out lobster dinners from the bathroom.
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    Free food was nice, but Roomies do it too all day long while not even in a Dorm :D It's a bit... annoying hehe.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    I think it was on twitter that someone tweeted a screenshot of lots of plates of omlets laying around on the ground! :#
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2019
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    babajayne wrote: »

Because my roommates won't clean up or put it away so it doesn't take long for it to go bad. :D

Free food is fine, but the sims can't seem to recognize that there's so much food on hand they just keep on bringing something back when they go out for a bit. Not to mention they're also hoarding food in their inventory which automatically spoils after awhile and they're actually eating it. Pfftt..

The maid takes care of it so I ignore the food, but it's still way too much food. It doesn't happen with roommates outside of the dorms, though. They'll still bring food, but not nearly as much. I wonder if traits or majors are related to how much food is brought.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    It's a current bug cause roommates are bringint WAY too much food, but they will leave for a few sim minutes to bring back some food. I end up shoving it in the fridge my sim really packed on the pounds with all the ritzy food like lobster thermador and pasta as well as cake. D:

My sim has gained a lot of weight as well. I'm sending her home after this term for the Christmas holidays. I think she should probably visit the gym.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Cupcakes4lifeCupcakes4life Posts: 28 Member
    Exactly! and once I get my sim to *borrow* the food, it gets stale lmao
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I put a kitchenette in my dorms with fridges and microwaves, I just drag the food into the fridge. It lasts longer and comes in handy when my sim is sick of microwaved food.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

My sim has gained a lot of weight as well. I'm sending her home after this term for the Christmas holidays. I think she should probably visit the gym.

:D Haha! This is kind of true to life, they used to talk about the “freshman fifteen” when I was finishing high school. Which was a study showing the average US college/university freshman gained approximately fifteen pounds upon attending school away from home where they now had complete autonomy over their diets.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I placed my sim's minifridge in the social area and I put the food in there so it doesn't spoil and everyone can have the yummy food others bring from "home" (in my case it spawns in the bathroom, lol).
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    I'm not sure why this is happening, but before Discover University came out, I was building and playtesting a restaurant and it was horrible, because customers would order food and then bring out their own tofu dogs and other foods. I'd have my sim clean up the plates, but they'd still get out more food. All the tables were flooded with homemade food and there was no space to put down their orders. Needless to say, it didn't end well :D But now the magical abundance of food is happening in dorms as well and I'm wondering what the cause is, since it already happened in my restaurant before this expansion pack. I thought it might be another Dine Out bug, but apparently there's more going on.
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited November 2019

:D Haha! This is kind of true to life, they used to talk about the “freshman fifteen” when I was finishing high school. Which was a study showing the average US college/university freshman gained approximately fifteen pounds upon attending school away from home where they now had complete autonomy over their diets.

I've heard of that but most students IRL are not constantly eating roast chicken. cake and lobster thermidor, which are the main things my sim's roommates are bringing home. If it was pizza it would make WAY more sense!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Mothergoose99Mothergoose99 Posts: 2 New Member
    My sim "borrowed" her father's SimRay so she can mind control the roomies to clean all the empty plates. There sure is a lot of them. I put the food in the mini fridge to keep it from spoiling so fast.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

OMG I didn’t think about putting some in the fridge for later. Lol
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I put a kitchenette in my dorms with fridges and microwaves, I just drag the food into the fridge. It lasts longer and comes in handy when my sim is sick of microwaved food.

I too created a little kitchennette beside the lift in the Wyvern Hall dorm. Nothing fancy, just a little university fridge, a microwave, 2 counters (+overhead counters for asthetics) and a dishwasher. And yes, everyone uses the dishwasher. A big improvement from washing up in the bathroom sink all the time. I personally love the free food, although I wouldn't mind less cake. Especially the hamburger cake. I now have 2 1/2 of them in the fridge. I do find that a gym is required so if I decide to do a complete overhaul of the dorms (or get one from the gallery) I will be reserving area for gym equipment.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I have not played with dorm life but is it too weird to just throw some of the food away? Feels like wasting?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited February 2020
    Back behind the Commons there are a couple of BBQs and a picnic table. I had my Global Superstar grill up some steaks for his Dorm-mates to return the favor. Some time after that, I learned there were hours to the Commons and started having my students eat there. Especially nice that they could still celebrate WinterFest and have a grand meal, too. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MrRocMrRoc Posts: 4 New Member
    I know this is an old thread, but I have only recently started playing DU and what annoys me about the free food is that I can't summon it myself when /I NEED/ it. My roomies get theirs from the balcony at the front of the UBrite dorm (I just pretend they are having it delivered by drone), not from the the toilet or anywhere else.

When I get a glut of food as inevitably happens, I'll have my sim grab an untouched plate (I might drag it into her locked room if needs be). If it is not close to class hours, my sim takes it down to the statue and uses it as an offering, this gives her that moodlet that improves her classes which I use for her to do her homework, though I'm not sure if it works that way, but I feel better for the effort if you know what I mean?

If it is close to class time, the sim will go down about an hour beforehand (they seem to leave the dorm 2hrs before class starts but I cancel that and send them to the statue first!) and make the offering. I can still walk them down to the lecture hall and have them 'juggle the soccer ball' or sing or something until class starts where I am sure the offering's moodlet works.

But yeah, I want my sim to be able to order the free food in as required. B)
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    MrRoc wrote: »
    I know this is an old thread, but I have only recently started playing DU and what annoys me about the free food is that I can't summon it myself when /I NEED/ it. My roomies get theirs from the balcony at the front of the UBrite dorm (I just pretend they are having it delivered by drone), not from the the toilet or anywhere else.

When I get a glut of food as inevitably happens, I'll have my sim grab an untouched plate (I might drag it into her locked room if needs be). If it is not close to class hours, my sim takes it down to the statue and uses it as an offering, this gives her that moodlet that improves her classes which I use for her to do her homework, though I'm not sure if it works that way, but I feel better for the effort if you know what I mean?

If it is close to class time, the sim will go down about an hour beforehand (they seem to leave the dorm 2hrs before class starts but I cancel that and send them to the statue first!) and make the offering. I can still walk them down to the lecture hall and have them 'juggle the soccer ball' or sing or something until class starts where I am sure the offering's moodlet works.

But yeah, I want my sim to be able to order the free food in as required. B)

So I went into build mode in all the UBrite Dorms and added a mini fridge and a microwave. I drag all the food into the fridge then I can select "get leftovers" and when food is scarce, I can make a sandwich or microwave meal. Stoves do not work in the dorms I have found.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top