Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guest Lectures?

Where are these? I am in one of dorms , and I have my sim wants to attend 3 guest lectures , to click on the classroom? Where???

Comments

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    It's on the clazs building usually the one you can tutor and sit in on classes you can sit in on guest lectures but thwyre only available during a certain time.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I didn't know about guest lectures at all, thank you so much for the information. Something more to add to an already packed schedule, hehe!
  • Options
    simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    @KaeChan2089 from inside your dorm move the mouse over buildings outside the dorm - you will find where guest lectures are held - other options also.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    two of the rabbithole buildings can hold guest lectures (one being the building your sim goes to for class), they each have 3 lectures available for $40 each, each building has different lectures when they're available, but they've always got one engineer, one lawyer, and one teacher lecture going on. they are only available for a 2 hour window a day (5-7 pm, i think) and are best done on weekends if your sim has a packed schedule

...even if your sim is on the esports or soccer team, it's ok to attend the lectures for the aspiration and be a little late to the game. never had anything negative come of that. in fact, the first time my sim did it i laughed because she went to the game with less than an hour left to it but got a popup about how she's being an inspiration to the rest of the team...
  • Options
    crashdodgerscrashdodgers Posts: 61 Member
    My Sims live at home, so how do they attend guest lectures?
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

Go to campus before 7 pm and click on one of the aforementioned buildings.
  • Options
    crashdodgerscrashdodgers Posts: 61 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Go to campus before 7 pm and click on one of the aforementioned buildings.

Thank you, I am getting very fed up with always having to come on here or some other forum/site to get the answer that I EA, should have been provided in-game!

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,566 Member
    Where are these? I am in one of dorms , and I have my sim wants to attend 3 guest lectures , to click on the classroom? Where???

Click on the main building in Britechester-U and you can pay a fee to attend a guest lecture.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Now that the question of where to find those guest lectures is out of the way: Are there any benefits to attending them, other than completing a milestone in the Academic aspiration? From what I can tell so far, they only cost money and time, but don't give you skills, moodlets or anything else useful.
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish Aside from using it to complete a milestone in the Academic Aspiration I don't believe there's anything else that can come from them. I've had a few different Sims attend guest lectures, and even hold them themselves as part of their extra work role but I haven't seen a benefit to the Sim save for obvious boost in job performance. You can always enrol your Sim into an extra curricular lecture on a skill, and you are meant to get some skill gain from that outside of doing an elective, but that's about it. :)
  • Options
    DonnaVal7111DonnaVal7111 Posts: 6 New Member
    how do you attend a guest lecture
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Go to the campus and click on the buildings.
  • Options
    jadessajadessa Posts: 16 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish My sim got an inspired +1 moodlet for 4 hours after attending a guest lecture on civil law. I was curious if it would build any skills but I hadn't noticed any change in skills. Has anyone else?
  • Options
    EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Locking this thread to prevent further necro-posting. Please be mindful of the dates when posting in an older thread, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top