This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

After recent patch, toddler needs are plummeting

Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
After this last patch, is anyone experiencing their toddler's bladder and attention needs going down at a higher than normal rate? I'm seeing them at a triple rate decline compared to all of the other needs.
Edit: I was watching Kelsey's 100 baby challenge today and I noticed the same with her toddlers too.

Comments

• Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    It has been reported in another thread, about if 'magician needs deplete quicker' that it's a current issue you folks are experiencing.
  • Options
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    It has been reported in another thread, about if 'magician needs deplete quicker' that it's a current issue you folks are experiencing.

Is that thread for players that have Witches? I don't have the Witches pack. This only started this week after the patch.
  • Options
    Yes but somebody stated that even non-witches had this bug of a faster decay. Time to go vampire, people :p
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It seems like everything has been made more difficult. Suddenly everyone is being attacked by vampires and spiders, or getting set on fire.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Yes but somebody stated that even non-witches had this bug of a faster decay. Time to go vampire, people :p

There's always something that breaks after updates. So this is no surprise. SMH
  • Options
    It seems like everything has been made more difficult. Suddenly everyone is being attacked by vampires and spiders, or getting set on fire.

Yes it's time for our grand plans to come to fruition! Shake, mortals!
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member

Although i haven't ran across any of these i have noticed more difficulty in the games autonomy being a lot more unstable than in a previous patch, especially around autonomously letting one sim in a relationship with another to kiss each other and then at the last moment the game autonomy itself cancels the order, just like that.

it isn't just kissing either, sometimes i assign an order to a sim and on occasion it drops what i wanted to do within a second of ordering it, there is no routing issues or anything, it just cancels the order. i have to reassign the order again and then the sim carries it out. the autonomy controls appear more glitchy and more difficult.
  • Options
    runtmcruntmc Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm having this issue across all of my Sims' needs - not just toddlers. Specifically at University, my Sim will go to class and all of a sudden all his needs go up and then as soon as he gets out of class, they go down again. It's annoying.
  • Options
    DoktorBonkDoktorBonk Posts: 30 Member
    This is so weird... Haven't experienced this yet because I'm not playing a file with a toddler at the moment, but I'll have to be on the lookout for this. At least it's not as bad as that one glitch where toddlers would pick up an item and not be able to put it down... I had to stop playing my file at the time until that one was patched!!
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I have found this massively :s My toddlers needs were decreasing so fast that I gave up and just kept MCCCing them to 'make happy' all the time. It was so bad that my toddler would finish eating, walk over and pick up a toy, and by that time they were in the red starving, exhausted and in desperate need of attention - like, how exhausting was that short walk across the hallway?

I googled it, and this seems to be something a lot of people are experiencing, and it's been reported on Sims HQ, might be worth adding "Me too" so hopefully they'll get it fixed quickly :)
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Needs-Decreases-at-a-Rapid-Rate-Since-Nov-2019-Update/td-p/8418069/page/3
  • Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I've been seeing this issue with toddlers in my game as well. I thought I was just being terrible at managing my toddlers. But when I got my toddlers up after a full night's sleep, they were ready for bed again after eating breakfast. All they do is eat and sleep. They are always crying because their attention and fun meter are in the toilet 24/7 as well. At least they aren't constantly pooping, I guess.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I was mentioning this to @MidnightAura the other day as well who noticed it. Is it still all of your sims midnight or just toddlers?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    It’s definitely affecting my toddler in my save. Unless someone is constantly playing with her at the blocks- her social decreases super fast. Her energy also depletes super quick.

I think the child may be affected, her energy is low constantly. But I need to play that household more to see how big an impact it is.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 1,027 Member
    Everyone is affected, it's just more obvious with some age/occult groups. Since the lasted patch decay modifiers (and possibly stats use multipliers, too) are applied twice. I wish someone could analyse the python source files and find the cause.
    My SuperSim Collection
    Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,490 Member
    I have run into this with toddlers and other sims, especially those not in university.

At first, I was playing a house with toddlers including one who was wild. The wild one was having severe needs issues and at first I thought it was due to the trait. I ran into this with adults when I switched away though too.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,490 Member
    It's a known bug, please click me too and comment at Answers HQ.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I've only been playing with witches/vampires and they are constantly getting sick. I had to put a buch of medicine in everyone's inventory (even all the kids) and they all have to drink some up to 4 times a day.
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member

Yaaaasssss! Vampires!!!
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 1,009 Member
    My last set of toddlers - twins - were very difficult to just keep alive. In another game my school age kids were skipping school unless I watched them like a hawk.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    Quick question. Is the toddler problem happening with those of you who have the Vampires pack? Or is it happening to everyone even if they don't own Vampires? I don't have that pack, and I have no toddlers in my game right now. I was planning to have one of my couples try for a baby, but if this is a huge problem for everyone, I may wait on having babies until it's fixed. This bug sounds as if it would have a serious impact on those of us who play rotationally. And that just isn't acceptable. What happens with the toddlers while you're playing another household?
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    You're not kidding!

I recently rotated to a family with twin toddlers and I had a tough time keeping their needs out of the red.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I guess it shows that not many play with toddlers. I haven’t saw a lot of complaint about this at all.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Not happening in my game, and I used mods.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Quick question. Is the toddler problem happening with those of you who have the Vampires pack? Or is it happening to everyone even if they don't own Vampires? I don't have that pack, and I have no toddlers in my game right now. I was planning to have one of my couples try for a baby, but if this is a huge problem for everyone, I may wait on having babies until it's fixed. This bug sounds as if it would have a serious impact on those of us who play rotationally. And that just isn't acceptable. What happens with the toddlers while you're playing another household?

Mine is happening in vampire households. I couldnt tell you if it's happening in normal households as I dont play with just just strictly human sims. Mine are always a conglomeration of various occults.