Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Killing a sim by laughter/how to make a sim playful. Part guide, part question

lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
So I have done a lot of research into how a kill a sim by stacking moodlets. I have successfully done it with anger, embarrassment, and fear (using the mod) and laughter seems to be an almost unattainable one but I have done it. To begin, I will explain how to kill a sim via an emotion. Generally, with anger and embarrassment, you just need +7 moodlet total in that emotion for about 2-3 sim hours for that sim to die. For a sim to die of laughter, you need more than +7 it seems. Maybe it's a bug, maybe it just takes more. I had my sim in the Very Playful mood with a +10 playful moodlet stack for about 8 sim hours. Having him drink cow plant essence, granting him +2 in the playful moodlet making it a +13 stack FINALLY got him in the Hysterical mood and then it didn't stay for long enough. My question is, has it always been this way or was it because of the November update for University???

The guide part is where I have compiled a list of things that make sims playful:
  • Eating Gummy Bear Pancakes +1 (which can be cooked when playful).
  • Emotional Aura items such as playful paintings or My Sims trophies +1
  • Watching Comedy on the TV +1
  • Making a Silly Face in the Mirror +1 (which can be done when playful).
  • Taking a Bubble Bath +2
  • Drinking Essence of Playfulness +2 (obtained from playful sim being eaten by a cowplant or searching in buy-debug mode with bb.showhiddenobjects on)
  • Wearing Star Spangled Glasses +2
  • Wearing Tiger Hat +1
  • Viewing a Playful Painting +1 (which can be painted when playful)
  • Telling Jokes to another sim +2 (Funny Conversation moodlet: need to tell a few jokes for this moodlet to appear)
  • Continuing to tell jokes +1 (On a roll moodlet: need to tell several jokes in a row)
  • Watching funny videos on a computer +1 (Computer-Web-Watch Sims.TV)
  • Being Voodoo-ed with the Frolic action +2 (Requires another sim with high mischief skill and a voodoo doll)
  • Being in a club with a playful club vibe +1 (Get Together)
  • Eating a Razzleberry +3 (Jungle Adventure--find on a Tree of Emotions or in Buy-Debug mode)
  • Certain curses from Jungle Adventure artifacts or moodlets when exploring the jungle can also cause playful moodlets
  • Playing in trash or playing in puddle (which can be done when playful) +1
  • Having the goofball trait will randomly give a playful moodlet +1
  • Watch another sim tell jokes at the microphone +1
  • I have not tested it yet, but if I remember correctly playing with a toddler or a dog can also give a playful moodlet. When I test it, I will update this post.
  • If I remember correctly drinking the Playful Celebuserum will give +3 but I will test it. (Get Famous. Not available in Buy-debug. Must have the celebuserum fame perk and wait for it in the mail)

Testing has shown that the Playful emotion is from +1 to +5 playful moodlet stacks and Very Playful is from +6 to +10 moodlet stacks. Hysterical is apparently achieved from +11 and up moodlet stacks.

From several hours of testing with multiple sims at once it is extremely difficult to keep a sim in the Hysterical state. All moodlets have timers which run out really quick. The best moodlets are from cowplant essence, razzleberry, telling jokes, taking a bubble bath, being voodooed, and eating gummy bear pancakes. The easiest to do are making a silly face, watching comedy on the TV, telling jokes, eating a razzleberry, drinking cowplant essence, and being voodooed. If you are able to stay on top and have your sim cycle through these things every 4 sim hours, you will eventually kill your sim by laughter. It might take several irl hours though. So be prepared.

Here is a picture of the moodlets and the clothing items from CAS being worn.
ZEetW55.png

Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
Post edited by lzbthnndgls on

Comments

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    The Humour and Hijinks festival has been quite deadly in my game. Never take Sims there on their wedding night unless you want tragic results.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited November 2019
    You can do better than a +2happy meal, by cooking one of the last 4 recipes of the gourmet cooking, which will give you +3 (+4 for foodies). I also see that you don't have a happy drink moodlet, that again, you can get with lvl 7 and above mixology drinks (another +3). So those combined give you +6 happy. Within a room with the best decoration, you can add +3 to that, for a global +9. Finally, all you have to do is to tell the 'funniest joke in the world' (lvl 10 comedy skill) for a +2 fun, and there you have your +11 without breaking a sweat. Also, decorating your room with several masterpieces playful paintings, for yet another +3 fun...
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    Dijktafone wrote: »
    You can do better than a +2happy meal, by cooking one of the last 4 recipes of the gourmet cooking, which will give you +3 (+4 for foodies). I also see that you don't have a happy drink moodlet, that again, you can get with lvl 7 and above mixology drinks (another +3). So those combined give you +6 happy. Within a room with the best decoration, you can add +3 to that, for a global +9. Finally, all you have to do is to tell the 'funniest joke in the world' (lvl 10 comedy skill) for a +2 fun, and there you have your +11 without breaking a sweat. Also, decorating your room with several masterpieces playful paintings, for yet another +3 fun...

These are just Playful only moodlets. No happy boosters. I have also found that happy boosters do NOT contribute towards the hysterical moodlet, only the very playful moodlet. At least, that is how it currently is since the update this month. I do remember the boosters counting towards the third degree of an emotion but that is no longer the case. Possibly it is due to the fact that there were people complaining how easy it was for their sims to die after several big moments like getting married or having a baby.

I will have to test the painting theory. To my knowledge, it does not matter how many paintings or how high a skill level they were painted with, they will always give +1 so decorations, unfortunately, do not stack (Although that's probably a blessing so that sims don't just keel over and die when walking into a room). Again, I will test that and edit the OG post.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Gosh, I hadn't experienced a single death by emotion. Then I had two in moments of each other. My main Sim, a Global Superstar with a Pristine reputation, (not bad for a Rock Star) was holding his very first Charity Event. Of course he included family among his guests. His parents are loaded and had taught their children to be of service to others. He also invited his also rich brother-in-law and his wife, Erik's younger and only sister. Spock is a Vulcan, but half-human. Erik told him a joke. Both were drinking, which was also unusual for a Vulcan, but Erik's lame joke must have caught the Vulcan just so. He began to laugh, hysterically. Next thing Erik knew is that Spock was clutching at his heart:
    Frx2tbK.jpg

Moments later, on the other side of the bar, Brianna suddenly did the same. Laughing one moment and dying the next:
    Jp94onC.jpg

This left Erik to care for their identical twin toddler sons.

After that, the game seemed to target Erik. I had to switch off Emotional Deaths for the time-being, just to keep him alive.

Thanks for the 'handy' hints, though. I may get more adventurous again at a later time. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited November 2019
    If they patched it, all the better, because how many times did my sim die because of that design, or did I had to rush towards the next mirror just to calm down before death kicked in. However, I see that your sim's happy moodlet still kicks in before the confident moodlet; also that it's half purple, therefore I tend to think it still counts, maybe?

As for the 'xemotion decor' For all I know with inspired, you need to pass a threshold with very high inspiring items, like 'the muse' and the artist taboret to reach +3. So for playful, You probably can at least stack paintings for a +2, maybe more with an external item. Don't quote me on that but I think you may need at last +20 xemotion to get the +3 decor.

[Edit]Happy DOES still boost playful. Just saw that ingame.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited November 2019
    Just FYI check out this comment i put up much earlier in the day:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17314935#Comment_17314935

He only had just a few moodlets but it was enough to take Travis Scott out of the picture.
    Taking Travis Scott out of the picture... I like the sound of that!