Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Non-magical Glimmerbrook

I have one supernatural save and six realistic ones in my game. I want to make over Glimmerbrook as a mountain holiday destination for all my realistic saves, but avoid using RoM build/buy-heavy lots since I will be ignoring magic and spellcasting in them. I'll be evicting the Charms and bulldozing their house, but I've grown quite fond of the Amicable Acolytes in my supernatural save so I might leave them there pretending to be just ordinary locals. Does anyone have any makeover ideas or community lot recommendations for my non-magical version of Glimmerbrook?

Comments

• aleki_Shadimealeki_Shadime Posts: 27 Member
    You can stop a sim being a spellcaster by traveling to the magic realm, finding a sage and selecting "Ask for Rite of Dissolution." It might be an options for the Amicable Acolytes if you want to keep them but don't want them to be magical.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Sounds like a fun idea. And it's not like they'll do more than maybe zoom off on a broom occasionally.

Since you're thinking mountain vacation, maybe a lodge with a cafe area and lots of cozy corners with couches and fireplaces for Sims to chill out on? For a community lot, that is.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    You're going to encounter a problem with that though, because the one premade community lot in Glimmerbrook is coded to attract spellcasters. I don't quite know yet if changing the lot type from a bar to something else will change that...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Aleia1Aleia1 Posts: 68 Member
    I guess I'll change that community lot from a bar to something else to test that out. I don't really mind spellcasters wandering round a bit in the background amyway, as long as none of the other sims realise who they are in my realistic saves. That's how I handle the vampires. I always keep the Vatores in their usual lot, and even play them in some saves, but they keep it secret that they're vampires because no one 'believes' they exist. They just 'think' the Vatores are pretentious fashion victims. I'll probably take a similar approach with the Acolytes rather than bother with the rite of dissolution.

A mountain lodge with either a cafe or a restaurant sounds a good idea. I'm open to lot recs if anyone has any, but I'm thinking there might be some tagged with Granite Falls that are suitable for download. I have some time - making over Glimmerbrook is one of my side projects to while away the time before University comes out.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I love this idea. I really wish that realm was more customizable. I don't like the way the implemented things in ROM though the idea behind it was cool. The realm seems pretty useless and you can't "do" anything with it. And I can't stop townies from coming through constantly which annoys me.
    I can't wait to see wait to see what you turn it into.🤗🤗
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm actually going in this direction in my main save. I'm keeping it as a small village roughly based on Scotland, northern England or Ireland. It will probably be the site of a boarding school. I was originally going to put that in Brindleton Bay but I think Glimmerbrook is a better setting, much smaller and more intimate. It sounds like I'll need to tweak the bar.

The sims who live there will hear rumors about a hidden place and about magic. Spellcasters will be stories for children referred to by a name in the local language. Any extra lots will be part of the small village. I am keeping Forgotten Hollow as a vampire den though.

Anyway, it gives me more space in other worlds and opens up more that I can do. The school might take up the two spellcaster houses. I'm playing a university household but I'll get to that.

At some point, I probably will play with a spellcaster but maybe in a separate save unless some special child in my game is really suited to it. I don't want my other sims to become spellcasters. I'm looking forward to adapting Glimmerbrook.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.