Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What expansion do you want to see most after the release of Discover University?

Comments

• ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    Farming expansion
    I would like to see more interactive careers. I also like farming as a career.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    An expansion that adds more content to the base game such as cars, a color wheel, create a world, more interactions, etc
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    An expansion that adds more content to the base game such as cars, a color wheel, create a world, more interactions, etc
    These are all great suggestions and ideas. I'd love to see more skills and expanded aspirations (either more aspirations or longer aspirations). Expanded gameplay to break up the monotony of interactions sometimes. Better whims system. (Buy a bee box over and over just because it's spring is a tad annoying). A color wheel and Create A World tool would be phenomenal. Larger worlds while I'm at it... or at least more open lots. Maybe another empty world like Newcrest but in a different setting. An attraction system would be fun. More things for teens to do and options for teen only clothes and accessories and hairs (right now they are mini adults). Height sliders. I could go on I'm sure but I'll leave it here for now.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

I would like for them to add like weekly challenges or something for special rewards in game and more consistent interaction with the community directly.

I love this idea! Doesn't have to be weekly but I missed the Positivity Challenge. Really enjoyed the PlantSim one. Challenges would make it so I'd look forward to base game updates. It would be nice to if the challenge aspirations were available at a later date too.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Other
    beach vacation and a Royal pack

Yes a beach destination world would be nice.
    Other
    I picked other. I would have picked romance but that could be done in a Gamepack rather then an Expansion Pack however I'd buy a Romance Theme whether it was a Gamepack or Expansion. I picked other for a Theme Park Expansion Pack something Maxis needs to explore. I want to take my sims to Disney World.
    Other
    I urgently want a romance pack with sexy clothes (for men), body hair, attraction system, new dating minigames. Something more adult.

A speed dating add on would be interesting. Or online dating would be cool with more personality effects like obsessed dates, etc.

Online Dating may come with Discover University.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I'm still trying to understand why so many people want to farm and make cheese? The load times make you doze off enough. I don't think we need another slow paced gamepack to barely keep us awake. If they add it, I'll buy it though just to have the complete experience, but it's definitely not on any radar of mine.

Can we start some noise about the missing gallery in consoles? The game's been out on console for over 2 years and we can't even share creativity with our console simming friends.

What's the deal? I would rather have that next up before anything else on console actually. Been waiting since release. Anyone know why it's taking so long with no word on it??????????

It's not missing. It's just not coming. I thought they said as much.

I think they are planning on adding some popular lots from the gallery to the ingame library for the console version. They were taking suggestions awhile ago. I read it somewhere here on this forum.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    Other
    I want an expansion pack focused on kids & family play. If they can create a university pack for YAs, then they can create an elementary school and highschool for the younger ages. A new world with Arcades, jungle gyms, and amusement parks, &/zoos could be implemented in the pack. Slumber parties, and kid's costume events can also be added. Field trips, graduations and school dances would take place in the school and pta or teacher parent meetings could also occur if the child is not doing well in school.
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited November 2019
    Other
    I’d like farming and Generations. Also a general school pack that would improve Elementary, Middle and High School, and I’d love the ability to follow my sims to school!!

Cars would be nice too but it could be a GP. And an activity GP too maybe with dancing, horse riding, skiing, waterparks.....

Not interested in a Futuristic EP at all (though I said that about Vampires and I have it so.....)
  • simsfan5simsfan5 Posts: 3 New Member
    Other
    SUMMER CAMP WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN OR CHILD/TEEN/YOUNG ADULT SIMS... maybe they can even add events like bingo nights for seniors or daycares for toddlers.
  • Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    Other
    I don't understand this want for a Farming pack.
    My great grandparents on my moms side were farmers and it was boring as hell in real life, why would anyone want to play a life simulator on it.
    It's not at all like "Harvest Moon" or any of those games, its (depending on the size of the farm) a few months of hard work and then months of an everyday boring routine.
    People are currently complain about how boring going to class is, does anyone think that this would be more exciting?
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    Farming expansion
    I voted farming (because I naturally think that's next) but I definitely think we need a music pack that brings more instruments (we haven't gotten a new instrument sense Vampires) and the ability to form bands. It could also add marching or orchestra band for kids/teens. And maybe a actual singer or talent scout career.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Other
    I'd like to see more interactions, hobbies and a Generations themed pack to be honest. It surprises me because had this been Sims 2 there would have been no need to even want that, base game had tons of interactions between the generations. I know we had Get Together but when you've played the old games and the sims used to dance together interactively on their own, and be all about each other, Sims 4 comes as a bit of a shock Do what you want even in a group as long as it's on your own.

In a universe where the Sims 4 has already addressed this issue or never needed to, then I'd want a farming pack with lots of animals to look after, cows, chickens, goats....to compliment the already great gardening system that we have.

And werewolves, I need werewolves, my sims can't get married and have a litter of wolf pups if werewolves never make it :( Okay, just give me werewolves and I'll shut my face.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    Farming expansion
    I would also love to see the color wheel for use on objects and clothes, but I think that would have to be base game to be good.
  • Jo_n534Jo_n534 Posts: 38 Member
    Preferably Sims 5...
  • AnastaciasgemAnastaciasgem Posts: 246 Member
    Other
    Generations. Teens in particular need more focus
    iiudADB.gif
    Origin ID: Gemmaisasim
    The Minogue ISBI family tree
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Farming expansion
    Tenchi2a wrote: »
    My great grandparents on my moms side were farmers and it was boring as hell in real life, why would anyone want to play a life simulator on it.
    It's not at all like "Harvest Moon" or any of those games, its (depending on the size of the farm) a few months of hard work and then months of an everyday boring routine.
    People are currently complain about how boring going to class is, does anyone think that this would be more exciting?

the poll one of the sim gurus took for a farming expansion everyone voted on farm animals as priority over new harvestables.

people want farming or a country living pack for things like horses, pigs, sheep, chickens, cows, etc. things like a mechanical bull ride, tractors, solar panels, atvs, nectar making, rocking chairs, sewing, they all make a great gameplay focused pack.

its not so much that they want to go plow fields and plant seeds and stuff (that was the loser on the poll) its more of an idealized version of living in the country and having ranch animals and stuff.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Other
    Anything other than supernaturals, dragons, and robots.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    edited November 2019
    Other
    The only thing that interests me anymore is family based stuff. Like a Generations type pack, more for toddlers, children & teens to do. More for elders to do. I’d love to see children & teens fleshed out like toddlers are. More family activities, I’d love to see a group of children playing tag!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Farming expansion
    Farming, Romance and Vacations. Romance does need an overhaul or update in whatever form it comes.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    Other
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    Tenchi2a wrote: »

the poll one of the sim gurus took for a farming expansion everyone voted on farm animals as priority over new harvestables.

people want farming or a country living pack for things like horses, pigs, sheep, chickens, cows, etc. things like a mechanical bull ride, tractors, solar panels, atvs, nectar making, rocking chairs, sewing, they all make a great gameplay focused pack.

its not so much that they want to go plow fields and plant seeds and stuff (that was the loser on the poll) its more of an idealized version of living in the country and having ranch animals and stuff.

So they want a Country living pack/expansion?
    That's totally different from just a Farming pack/expansion, so not sure how that got to be the name focus of what they wanted.
    Since the Farming is just an upsides version of the already existing Gardening skill.
    Anyway, while things like this would be nice for a "well we have to many in dept careers/activities" time in the sims 4.
    I look at it as there is to little to do actively in the game right now to need a slower pace game pack.
    The idea of these packs is normally to escape the fast paced modern world not to give you something to do because the game lacks anything that last more then a few hours/days to do.
  • FishyNamorFishyNamor Posts: 28 Member
    Create a world would be Great, but i just don't see it happening
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Farming expansion
    I'd also like to see a return of werewolves
    WbUrFQm.png
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    Other
    *people saying farming would be painfully boring* I fully disagree depending on how it's implemented and what comes along with it,

It also depends on who is playing.. Personally I find the idea of being able to raise crops and animals vastly more exciting than university which had so little to catch my interest that I couldn't even bring myself to buy it (maybe that will change with the official release when I can see if there is anything at all added that looks interesting)

honestly you can already technically farm but it's limited, and yeah I'll freely admit that I would buy a pack just for horses but honestly while I'm certain a lot of peoples idea of farming is western I'll be going older fashioned..

Though I admittedly wouldn't mind an old western themed world.. >.> actually that could be kind of cool...