Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *COMPLETED*

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Queenarella Oh man, poor Kaden! I had no idea he was a loner. He seems to be handling it pretty well, so far. Except for the ghosts. lol I almost fell out of my chair laughing at what happened to Barbarella! :D I can tell this is going to be a fun Gen already. I hope they DO get blue nooboos, be something different anyway eh? :p

@Pinmat135 Wow, what a coincidence eh? Must be Amy was really, really looking for someone to make her lighten up and laugh. :)

Great chapter, looking forward to Friday! Have a great day everybody! <3
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @Pinmat135 Yes, he has that aspiration. I didn't realize that until you pointed that out :o How cool :D

@Karababy52 Kaden didn't really show this trait in the bachelorette part. I'm used to loners like Rylan, getting tense around too many strangers.

The ghosts are a pain for everyone, especially ME :D They break so many stuff each night... But I don't want to send them away. Damian sometimes interacts with his kids and I would miss this too much. And Nathan usually cleans the house :joy:

Maybe the lightning was the reason why she put down the trash on the ground. She still deserved it :D

I've played again today and there are no nooboos so far :sweat_smile: I need room in the household. Twins would be nice or even triplets. But I barely get that :(

Spoiler: Jamie had another babyboy and he's not blue. So maybe there might be blue, green or basic skin colored kids (basic as in "can be found in real life"). But I don't mind colorful kids lol There were 10 green babies :D

I already rolled the aspirations for the generation 4 babies (3 because I still hope for triplets :joy: ) and the first born will have the Strangerville Mystery aspiration. Just in case that won't work without moving to Strangerville, I also rolled another aspiration (with the same child aspiration). Does anyone know if you can play the Strangerville Mystery without living there?
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Those ghosts causing havoc and getting in the way of the proposal shot were hilarious.
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    @Queenarella Yes, you definitely can play the StrangerVille aspiration without moving there. Be warned, though, that your sim will practically never be at home...
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    LOL, I created Kaden but I forgot I even gave him the slob trait. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    @Queenarella Yeah, I can see how you'd want to keep them around even if it is a pain. But hey, at least they'll get their handiness skills up pretty quickly which would be a bonus if you ever wanted to try a Murphy bed. ;)

Ooo, what if they had PURPLE nooboos? Wouldn't that be cool? No? Just me? Okay. Well, purple is my fav color so I'd love that to happen in my game anyway. :)

Yes, you can do the Strangerville Mystery aspiration without living there, but it will involve a lot of loading screens. There's a couple ways you can still stay in Strangerville without moving there though. They could camp out anywhere or you could change one of the lots into a generic lot and build them a small home to stay in while working to solve the mystery.

Nobody else will visit the lot when it's set as generic so it would be almost like a second home! I used a generic lot for my collector Sim to store collectibles so they wouldn't contribute to the bills. I also put a rocket ship, microscope and observatory there for her to use. Just an idea... I don't know if that would be against the Legacy rules or not though. *shrugs*

OH! If they have enough funds, could always buy a lot as a faux retail store too. Just make sure you have a cash register, build a small home and never open the store. :)
    @VanPelt81 Ah yes, the ghosts are special. And annoying :D But they will stay forever :)

@Pinmat135 Thanks for the answer :) Oh that sounds... Mh :sweat_smile: I've excluded three aspirations before because I thought they are not able to be completed within a legacy and Strangerville Mystery was one of them. Maybe I'll keep it this way and just pick the second aspiration I roled.

@DeKay Haha, so far he only showed this trait by playing in trash lol

@Karababy52 I'm not sure if I would use Murphy beds. They seem rather dangerous :sweat_smile: But I can get 1 point when the family has the most expensive fridge and stove and both updated completely :) Amy is collecting those repair parts already and I think she's level 6 handiness.

I have no idea how the skin color "mixing" works with aliens :sweat_smile: Maybe a nooboo can have any alien color when one parent isn't an alien?

Hm, the Strangerville Mystery sounds kinda annoying :joy:

I have no idea either :D The storing thing sounds against the rules because it affects the bills. But the Brennan bills aren't thaat high. 8K or something :) Tho, I think about renovating the house as soon as Barbarella dies. It's all pink just because of her lol

That could be against the rules, too. It sounds too specific to be covered in the rules tho :sweat_smile:
    @Queenarella If you upgrade them, they're not dangerous at all. Just so you know. ;)

Your theory could be right, based on my experience last night. I started a new save file and put Eddy & Amy in Windenburg on the Fyres lot. I modified them a bit in CAS first, mostly because I don't have CC and Amy needed some clothes (no pants in one outfit) and make-up. o.O While in there, I played with the genetics tool a little to give me an idea of what their kids would look like. Every single one was either normal skin or blue skin, no green at all! I thought that was a bit surprising. Was kinda hoping for purple. lol

I have some screenshots of them, I'll post a couple when I come back later. Hubby's on his way home and I need to go get my vehicle renewal tabs so no time at the moment. BTW, Eddy's dreads and mustache are gone in this version. He looks fabulous dahling! ;) I have to use some cheats to delete Amy's skills too, didn't know she'd come with some. No biggie.

Well, it does take awhile to complete and even if you live there, you'll still encounter a lot of loading screens. Yeah, I wondered if those ideas would be against the rules. I think you'd be safe camping though. :) I can understand how you'd just not want to deal with it, even though it is kinda fun. At least in my opinion. Took me three times to defeat the 'Boss' and my Hero even died once. lol But the fight is pretty cool.

Anyway, have fun whatever you decide to do!
    Hey! I usually don't like to post back to back in threads, but since nobody's posted yet and I have these pics I wanted to share, I hope y'all don't mind if I do. :)
    Here's Eddy & Amy in CAS right after I updated them. I gave Eddy that hairstyle because I thought it kinda looked close to what his hair would look like when not in dreads. Besides removing the mustache as well and giving him mostly a new wardrobe (I kept some things), he's completely the same as before.

Now, Amy on the otherhand is a bit different than your original Amy @Queenarella. She must've had a lot of CC because she was completely devoid of make-up and missing a few clothing pieces. Plus, I had no idea her pupils were sooooo small! o.O She looked like a bug or something. I just had to make them bigger, she was freaking me out. lol

4P4tmoS.png

I took a full-length screenshot of the two when I opened their lot for the first time. Amy's outfit is pretty much the same, except a different color for that top & boots. I went with a purple theme for her outfits, it just seems to work well with the green skin.

fEkmSFS.png

Amy kept staring and frowning at Eddy it seemed like forever. Eddy was getting a bit nervous I think and wondering if she was ever going to talk to him or crack a smile. lol

wShzvH7.png

Thankfully, she finally did. *whew* They had a nice chat after that and I saved and closed the game.

FRe5ux9.png

Not sure yet what I'm going to do with these two. They're not married, yet, just roommates at this point. I thought about maybe some kind of Legacy, hence the reason I put them on that 64x64 lot and took away all their funds, Rags to Riches style. But I don't think you can start out a Legacy with two Sims, right? I guess I could kick one or the other out and then have them 'find' each other. They'd still have a tiny bit of friendship already though which would probably be considered a no-no for a Legacy.

Can you tell I'm not very well versed with how those work? lol I've only tried a few in the 20 years I've been playing; one in TS2 and another couple files in TS4. I never get very far though because all the rules intimidate me. I don't like to play by a lot of rules, "you MUST do this, this, this, you MUST do that, that, and that, don't EVER do this or that or YOU LOSE!" Gah! lol Meh, I'll figure something out. :)

Anyway, looking forward to Friday to see how things are going with Amy & Kaden! :)
    @Karababy52 I think Amy isn't handy enough yet to update a Murphy bed to make it not dangerous lol I'm not gonna risk it (yet).

Aw, why am I a bit disappointed? It would be so cool to get ANY ailen color, not just blue :/ But blue is okay, too. At least a bit of change after seeing a lot of green all the time :joy:

Oh I didn't know you prefer vanilla sims, too :) She was born in game and got some extra traits and some skills :) Could you easily remove the skills? Have you noticed the Top-Notch Toddler trait? :p Haha, just kidding!

To be honest, I only played in Strangerville once :D The day the game came out :joy: I had a female sim with the new hair and clothes, got her into military and gave her the Strangerville Mystery aspiration. I cheated her needs many times but she managed to defeat the mother on second attempt :)

Yeah, I think I'll go with the camping :) it sounds fun lol

It's totally fine that you posted two times in a row. I do this all the time :D And it's even more okay because you've got pictures for us :p

I almost didn't recognize Eddy :o I was like "Is this one of their sons?" He looks so different!

Haha, yes, I used all the CC makeup I didn't delete on Amy :sweat_smile: I like CC makeup more than the ingame makeup. Also, she had 3D lashes. Change the eyes and face a lot :)

The Meteor eyes I use change the size of the pupil. Her eyes look normal in my game but without the CC eyes I had no clue she looked like the weirdo she is deep inside :joy:

Is the lot in Windenburg? I don't recognize it :sweat_smile: But the surrounding looks really nice!

Officially it's not a legacy when you start out with 2 sims but I did that :sweat_smile: I started the challenge with Nathan as the bachelor, he found Veronica and the two moved on a 50x50 lot to start the challenge :) It's a bit of tweaking but it's just one aspect that's different. Maybe you can make one of them a houseman/woman so you only have one money-maker? I think that's the only "problem" with having two founders :)
    @Queenarella I don't know if I prefer playing vanilla or it's just a habit now out of past necessity. My old laptop wasn't good enough for CC, Mods, but my gaming desktop I have now could handle it no problem. *shrugs* Someday...

I sent my collector/perfect gardener Sim to camp in Strangerville so he could get a strangefruit graft from a mature plant. He was only there a couple days, played through just enough of the story to unlock the lab door and get it going. It was fun!

Yes, I was able to remove Amy's skills, well, down to level 1 anyway. I hope you're kidding about the Top Notch Toddler bit. I have no idea how to remove that if you're not. o.O Oh well, it's too late now anyway because I have a new plan already started. They were in Windenburg, yes. But I've decided to do an ISBI Legacy Challenge with them as the founding couple. Eddy's on the bigger of the two empty lots in Del Sol Valley and Amy's in the wild, not in world now. He needed to find her. Started Rags to Riches style with just Eddy on the lot, so I'm good. :)

It took almost a full week of searching, but he finally found her! You're not going to believe what job the game gave her. lol
    Hello Amy, like Mother like Daughter eh? lol

pDrCUhQ.png

Of course Eddy had to tell her a joke right off the bat before the serious flirting began.

CIbUPEe.png

She doesn't look too impressed in this shot, but she must've liked something he said because before too long...

TWYaiU0.png

They're a couple now, but she hasn't moved in yet. Eddy needs a bigger place first. He's progressed well, but still just lives in a 5x5 cube. lol That's okay, he's one promotion away from branching off into the Comedian career with 14 days left as YA. I'm giving him until this first YA stage is almost over then having him use his one allowed youth potion. After that, Amy will move in, they'll get married and start having nooboos. :) I have aging off for non-played Sims at the moment.

I haven't played an ISBI in a long, long time, so it should be interesting to see what happens. Wish me and them luck! This will be my last kinda/sorta off topic post. I don't want to take over posting constantly about these two as it's not my thread. But I'll let you know how the nooboos look and anything else interesting. If y'all want to see it? Anyway, time to get some sleep, the sun's coming up! lol Hubby likes to call me his little vampire because I keep such odd hours. :p
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,377 Member

@Karababy52 Sorry, but what happened to Eddy's dreadlocks and his clothing style? :)
    He looks really handsome ... but in my view not Eddy-like ;)
    @MonaSolstraale Aw, I'm sorry, it's still Eddy, just from I guess what you'd call an alternate universe. I still wanted to keep his basic vibe, hence why some of his outfits feature pieces from the 'other' Eddy, same traits, aspirations, etc. But since the 'other' Amy is with Kaden now, it didn't feel...right? I guess you could say to have both of them exactly the same in my save file and be together. Does that make sense?

However, I do have plans for Sir Eddy of Spaghetti to be exactly himself in another save file. In this one, he'll be back in Sulani, trying to get over his broken heart and ultimately find love with Javier who will have come to Sulani on a short vacation (just like Tony did) to relax and try to heal his wounded heart. In fact, I hope to have Tony in this save file too to continue being friends with both of them. Tony and Javier became great friends on the 'show' and I wanted to continue that in this save file. The three of them will hopefully end up being BFFs with Eddy and Javier as a couple. :)

We'll see how it goes once I start playing with all of them. <3
    @Karababy52 Vanilla usually means without CC/mods but I meant vanilla sims like without a job, skills and all that :sweat_smile: Confusing, sorry!

I wasn't kidding :# Amy has the top notch toddler trait and the trait from completing her child aspiration :# And I think - only if you have Seasons tho - Responsibility, too :sweat_smile:

That sounds like a lot of fun!

Haha, how many bottles did Amy drop? :D Let me know if she's troubles in your game, too! She's really a handful :D

Of course we want to see the nooboos! :love: And I don't mind the "off-topic" stuff. It's Amy living in a parallel (where the heck do the 3 Ls go here?! :| ) universe :)

The long long wait is over (and will be followed by a 4-day wait soon after). The second chapter is finally here! :)

Chapter 3.2
    @Queenarella Ohhh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up! I don't mind non-vanilla Sims, but I figured for an ISBI, spouses normally wouldn't (or shouldn't) have any skills or extra traits, right? Oh well, I don't think it'll matter much anyway since she'll be uncontrollable once she marries Eddy and joins the household. I'll take a look though and see if there's an easy cheat to remove those. If not, I'm not going to worry about it. :)

Actually, she didn't drop any! She acted like a pro juggling them and pouring three at a time. o.O I hope the game didn't max her mixology skill or something. I'll find out soon.

Anyway, I know you aren't a romantic and probably won't care, but for everyone else, I made a little something. It just happened to be Love Day in my game last night. lol What a coincidence eh? So, Happy Valentine's Day everyone and here:
    GlXvavt.png

BTW Eddy grew that rose himself. I thought it was a kind of fun homage to the Bachelorette challenge to have Eddy give HER a rose this time. :) She came over before he had to go to work, but their day together didn't end there. They went on a date later that evening too. <3

And thanks for saying you don't mind if I post 'off topic' Eddy & Amy in an alternate universe. I'll try to keep it at a minimum. :)

Now, about your latest chapter:
    *shivers* Gah! That look is the very reason I modified Vlad in my game to get rid of it. I don't like it! o.O

Ooo, Morge had their baby!? And you didn't post a pic? Grrrr! lol No worries, I'm guessing you're waiting until the baby ages to a toddler. \o/
    Law career eh? That should be interesting.

LOL OMG! That protruded lip on Elena cracked me up and uh, what Barbarella said. She's so matter of fact, no filter, just tells it like she sees it. So sassy! I love her! lol Elena looks great, very artistic, yep, and very beautiful. Love the hair!

Oh cool, they finally made it to Selvadorada, I love that world! Sounds/looks like they had a 'fun' time while there. I love the songs Sims can play on the guitar, but... after they've skilled up a bit. Otherwise, yeah, I look like that vendor until I turn off my speakers. lol

Aww, I'm a cat lady too! I've seen that Chester cat in Brindleton Bay. Almost adopted him, but went for another cat named Queen Cupcake instead. Sorry Kaden wouldn't listen to you. :( Maybe they'll see him again and get another chance?

Man, that face. Poor Amy, sorry about your Aunt Mila, that you didn't care about...

Oh wait, was George even preggers to begin with? I might be thinking about a pic I saw of a preggers George in someone else's game. Darn!

Fun chapter! Have a great weekend everyone, looking forward to next chapter! ;)
    @Karababy52 Oh wow, she didn't drop anything :o She almost burned down the house trying to make grilled cheese in my game :joy:

Aw, the pictures is cute and the editing looks great!
    I used to be a tad scared by Vlad's look but I'm used to it now. Even worse were all the zombies in TS3. I had to turn off the moon phases because when it was dark outside and I played ts3 and the zombies showed up I totally freaked out :D I'm a coward and zombies are my worst nightmare. I'm glad there are none in TS4 so far :p

No, there was not even a baby bump. I hoped to see him pregnant to get a nooboo from Morge but they seem to enjoy their privacy for now :/
    I guess we're all like Barbarella here: WHERE ARE SOME BABIES?! :D

I haven't tried any of the new DU careers so far and the Law Career is quite nice :) At some point one of the tasks to be ticked was to take an exam so she can be a barrister. She went to the computer and then disappeared (or walked out the front door while I was busy with the 6 other sims in the house) and she passed it :)

To be honest, I would have never picked that hair for any sim. I have a CC version for toddlers because I love it on toddlers but not on grownups :sweat_smile:

Jungle Adventure is a really cool pack but I've never gotten farther than the first temple :/ I've had sims stay more than a week several times but I've never unlocked the next parts of the jungle. But the little world is really pretty! And I love that stray roam that world. I've never seen pets anywhere outside of Selvadorada or Brindelton Bay.

Maybe this way or they'll adopt a cat from the agency (or what that's called^^). But they'll get a pet for sure. A cat.

I was surprised she even knew Mila. As far as I remember her aunt has never visited or more like I've never let her inside when she knocked on the door :joy: I do this all the time...

George hasn't been pregnant in my game so far but Morge have kids in others' games as far as I can tell :)
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @MonaSolstraale Aw, I'm sorry, it's still Eddy, just from I guess what you'd call an alternate universe. I still wanted to keep his basic vibe, hence why some of his outfits feature pieces from the 'other' Eddy, same traits, aspirations, etc. But since the 'other' Amy is with Kaden now, it didn't feel...right? I guess you could say to have both of them exactly the same in my save file and be together. Does that make sense?

However, I do have plans for Sir Eddy of Spaghetti to be exactly himself in another save file. In this one, he'll be back in Sulani, trying to get over his broken heart and ultimately find love with Javier who will have come to Sulani on a short vacation (just like Tony did) to relax and try to heal his wounded heart. In fact, I hope to have Tony in this save file too to continue being friends with both of them. Tony and Javier became great friends on the 'show' and I wanted to continue that in this save file. The three of them will hopefully end up being BFFs with Eddy and Javier as a couple. :)

We'll see how it goes once I start playing with all of them. <3

YES THIS IS THE BEST IDEA EVERRRRRR *SQUEEE*
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Happy Valentine's Day! <3
    Happy (belated) Valentine's Day y'all! :smiley:
    Just a quickie update on Amy & Eddy in my game. They're married now and they both drank a POY when she first moved in. I changed Amy's aspiration to Master Mixologist because the game put her at Level 6 for the skill. She's in the Culinary career now too. Eddy's progressing well in his career, Level 6 or 7 I think, and he just needs to level out his Comedy skill to finish the Jokestar aspiration. He's at Level 9, so not far away. Oh and he's a 1 star celebrity VERY close to 2 star.

Also, they just welcomed their first nooboo, a boy! His name is Jack. He's not blue, he's not green, or even purple, BUT he is an, uh, unique color. o.O
    *record scratch*

h8iDDUz.png
    gRz1umd.png

I'm guessing the game didn't know what to do about Amy's green skin. We'll see if he changes when aging up to a toddler. If I didn't know better, I'd think Amy had some explaining to do. lol

GBdiDE8.png

Eddy, of course, doesn't care. He loves the little guy and can't wait to play with him. I love this screenshot, how they're looking at each other. D'awww... *heart melts* <3

DZAPcws.png
    "Hey, Meatball, you've got a little brother now! We're going to have so much fun together!"

I'll post a pic when Jack ages up to a toddler. Can't wait to see what he looks like! I can always peek, of course, but I'm going to resist. I love surprises! lol :p
    @Karababy52 Aw!So cute! They're finally a family :)

Oh uh, no one expected that skin color. But I'm sure it'll change when Jack turns into a toddler. It could also be that an ancestor had that color but it skipped a few generations. It's not Amy's side tho :#

It is Monday! :)Chapter 3.3
    edited February 2020
    @Queenarella Yep, finally a family. :) Not on Eddy's either, he was a story mode Sim, so no parents in-game. *shrugs* Oh well...
    Man, why do Sims hate that doll house? I've seen a thread on here about that, seems some Sims are obsessed with destroying it. Weird.

Sophie is a cutie patootie! Poor Barbarella. I hope she gets a bunch of Grandbabies soon or her kids might never visit again. lol

Florian is a cutie too, bummer about the lazy trait though. Sorry... o.O I wonder why Peter turned out pear-shaped. Huh...

And the award for best line in the entire chapter goes to:

"You want to kick a naked person?" LOL

Fun chapter! I love your sense of humor. hehe

Oh, and here's toddler Jack. :)
    qZzXn0o.png
    I think he's adorable! <3

Have a great week y'all! :)
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,377 Member

I agree. This section made me laugh several times. Your comments are so funny. Especially Barbarella's remarks about the grandchildren she misses :joy:
    Who understands that the sons bother to visit her? :/

PS: @Karababy52 Eddy and Amy have really done well. Jack is irresistibly adorable and beautiful <3
    @Karababy52 Then the chances are high it will change :)
    I know that negative traits like evil make sims destroy it all the time :sweat_smile: Nathan was red so he was angry. Maybe he took it out on the doll house... But there'd be also Blarffy O:)

She needs 2 more grandkids to complete her aspiration. During the bachelorette phase I totally forgot she hasn't completed it yet :#

That's the worst combination :joy: Every time Florian works out it takes less time and he'll stop. So annoying. I won't finish his aspiration and just move him out on his birthday.

I have no idea. Maybe he got Barbarella's genes because she has wide hips ^^ Amy got those hips, too.

The gnomes can be creepy but that doesn't mean we should be creepy to them :joy: And it was the naked gnome lol

Thank you :)

Aw! He's such a cutie :love: Is the skin color a bit lighter than the baby one?

@MonaSolstraale Haha thank you :)

They miss home. All kids had a great time in the legacy house :p

edited February 2020
    @Queenarella Oh yea, hot headed Sims will go for that poor dollhouse every time. Yes, Jack's skin color is lighter than when he was a baby. Maybe it'll change again when he ages up to child. I've read of that happening to some Simmers. We'll see. I wouldn't mind if he stayed just the way he is now though. I've always loved darker skin color and lighter colored eyes on Sims, it's so striking!

I didn't play with them yesterday/last night, spent time reading the entire Wilde I.S.B.I. from the beginning instead. lol Opps! Have a great rest of your week! <3

@MonaSolstraale Aww, thank you, I think he is too! I hope they keep doing well. Probably get chaotic once more nooboos enter the challenge! But hey, that's the beauty and fun part of an I.S.B.I. Even if you do want to tear your hair out if you're a micromanager like myself. God help me...