Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unusual Home Locations

I was just bulldozing a pile of Lots in Brindleton Bay and it got me wondering... does anyone make their sims home in unusual locations? Like the spot where Club Calico or Salty Paws is? Or on Deadgrass Isle or in Magnolia Promenade?

Please tell me your most unusual home spot and whether you enjoy(ed) it there. Pics would be great!

Comments

• I've thought about making the neighborhoods in Willow Creek where The Pancakes or The Goths live the downtown/community lot area, but I've never followed through with it. It could be cool though, because I think I would make the original downtown neighborhood all apartments and townhouses
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Yes, I love doing this. It's really refreshing. I have already lived in the Pan Europa lot in Windenburg, Magnolia Promenade, the karaoke lot in San Myshuno and the Salty Paws itself. I plan on one day living in the Willow Creek and Oasis Springs parks, and also the bluffs.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Oh that's awesome @Wallsisms4ever I wish you had pics of some of them.
  • JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    I put a little hut on deadgrass island. It's a nice place to live :)
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I have converted Magnolia Promenade into a residential neighborhood before. I left it as is in this save though, because I may actually use the store lots some time in the future.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Oh that's awesome @Wallsisms4ever I wish you had pics of some of them.

I'm travelling right now, but when I return, I'll post them here for sure!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes, I love doing this. It's really refreshing. I have already lived in the Pan Europa lot in Windenburg, Magnolia Promenade, the karaoke lot in San Myshuno and the Salty Paws itself. I plan on one day living in the Willow Creek and Oasis Springs parks, and also the bluffs.

I love the idea of living in the bluffs. ❤️
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I had a great save with residentials in Magnolia Promenade once! I really enjoyed playing that one, because the area has a tram, which reminds me of my real life surroundings.

I have made a few homes on other lots formerly designated for non-residential houses also, especially in San Myshuno and Windenburg.
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    I've had a sim live on Deadgrass Isle (for a pet challenge); I liked that spot--private but inviting.
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
    @belpita does the tram move?

Has nobody got any pics to share? :( apart from @Wallsisms4ever
  • gretchend417gretchend417 Posts: 41 Member

I thought about doing that myself as well.
    @belpita does the tram move?

Has nobody got any pics to share? :( apart from @Wallsisms4ever

Yes, the tram moves.

What kind of pictures were you looking for? I might have some in my archive.
    Hi @belpita I was just interested in seeing a few shots from people's locations where there homes are/during their play time. Nothing specific.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    edited September 2019
    I usually tear down museums/gyms and convert them into residential lots. I also made Magnolia Promenade into a small residential world. Two 'apartment' buildings, 1 bakery, and 1 casual dining restaurant :)
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Any of the Willow Creek community lots are nice, with the riverboat going by.
  • Nooboo_GirlNooboo_Girl Posts: 15 Member
    My next adventure build will either be Windenburg or Willow Creek. Its really fun to bulldoze everything and create your own neighborhood. I also usually create a community center where some of the stuff I deleted can be made into one big fun place. (ie: a combo gym/library/cafe)
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    It's been some time, but I did bulldoze Willow Creek's commercial district and built warehouses there (and a pool).
    tumblr_ocxjt9B6Qv1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    By now, I've actually converted the pool to an indoor playground and I'm still trying to decide if I'll actually change the exterior of the other warehouses to match.
    As for other things, I more often place community lots in the middle of a residential area than the other way around :joy:
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    It took me some time to find the right save file and it was so old that I couldn't really play it anymore, hence the somewhat lacklustre builds.
    But here goes.

Magnolia Drive rebuild into residential.
    48808794062_f805daf234_c.jpg
    I like the left-most house still, but the others need a little work.

I also once made that bar in Willow Creek into a residential with some minor inside tweeking.
    48808301783_8b866b00ff_c.jpg
    48808794797_f05094458e_c.jpg
    48808650486_382da76901_c.jpg
    48808794747_2ef188c4f7_c.jpg
    I just remembered someone asked about the tram in Magnolia, so here it is!
    48808649791_6050344b2d_c.jpg

And also the Salthouse in San Myshuno was a museum in one of my saves.
    48808793792_a4a456cd09_c.jpg
    48808649571_29f3769bb3_c.jpg