Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone having trouble playing Realm Of Magic????

CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
I have been playing a sim that I created in cas at the start of Realm Of Magic and when I loaded my game today she is no longer a spellcaster and her traits and career have changed. I tried to make a spellcaster in cas but there aren't any options. I'm not sure what is going on with my game and I tried a game repair which did nothing. I'm not in the process of uninstalling the game and reinstalling it. I looked through the hq section to see if anyone has had this problem but found nothing.. I would appreciate it if anyone has had problems with it and especially since the last update.
Post edited by CrazyboutTheSims on

Comments

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited September 2019
    Did the pack get uninstalled or something? Does the main menu still say you own it? I’ve never had anything like this happen, except in TS3 where I had to redownload some packs.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    No it was still installed.. and yes it does say I own it. I haven't had so many problems till lately. I even tried to use the recover feature which didn't help..I didn't know what to do so uninstalled it and its reinstalling now.. I found it strange that I couldn't even make a new spellcaster in cas
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Was the new world still there?
    yes it was still there. I put in a lot work on that sim to get her magic up and its all gone now.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    This is starting to sound like a mod issue or something.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited September 2019
    I would clear cache and then remove the mod folder to the desktop (if I was running mods). Then try to see if you can start a spellcaster in a new save for testing purposes. At least it will narrow down if it's the game or mods/cc.
    If you still have a problem you can try to repair the game.. it takes awhile though so I'd only do that as a last resort. To do that you go to your library and when you click on the Sims 4 there is a repair option.
    Opps sorry didn't see that you were reinstalling... I've had to do that.. not fun.
    egTcBMc.png
    edited September 2019
    thats ok. I got frustrated when I couldn't find any answers. I clear the cache everytime I stop playing. it could very be a mod.. if I have the same problem after reinstalling I will try what you suggested and take out my mods folder.. thank you
    my laptop is connected by wifi so reinstalling takes longer.. :(>:)
    I actually didn't have any problems till the updates
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    You may want to try learning magic again from one of the spellcasters in the magic realm. All the spells you learned may still be there.
    Arzekial wrote: »
    You may want to try learning magic again from one of the spellcasters in the magic realm. All the spells you learned may still be there.

Never thought of that, that's a good idea I'll try that when I play again.. thanks
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions :)
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Do you have mods?
    Yes, can't play without them.. I'm going to see what happens today when I take them out
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    To create a Spellcaster in CAS, you need first to create a non-occult Sim, and then the option for Spellcaster will show under the Add a Sim option. The option is not available for initial creation. If you use Story mode, a question may come up that results in a Spellcaster Sim.
    Yes, can't play without them.. I'm going to see what happens today when I take them out

Do you happen to have this one?
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/rom-fix-premades-29943067
    if you do, that's the cause. it's designed to work that way.
    Sindocat wrote: »
    To create a Spellcaster in CAS, you need first to create a non-occult Sim, and then the option for Spellcaster will show under the Add a Sim option. The option is not available for initial creation. If you use Story mode, a question may come up that results in a Spellcaster Sim.

Thanks and I found that out the hard way as I always seem to do..

SiliClone wrote: »

Do you happen to have this one?
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/rom-fix-premades-29943067
    if you do, that's the cause. it's designed to work that way.

No I don't have that mod. Got tired of trying to find the answer so I have deleted that save and started a new one and so far with all my mods installed it seems to be working fine. Something about the patch or update deleted all even from the known sims.. I blame the update or patch because I played that sim since the Realm Of Magic released and with the same mods installed with no problems.
    That's a strange bug... But nothing surprises me anymore
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2019
    Plays perfectly for me. Love the game.

I have not tried doing anything with story mode and a supernatural. I would only use story mode on and for a regular Sim.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    Only with my spellcaster not being able to get occult eye colors in CAS & my human households being randomly turned into spellcasters. That's all.
    So far since reinstalling I haven't had any problems with it.