Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do they only listen to game changers?

Did you know that one of the Island Living Counter swatches had an inconsistent color and texture compared to their Counter Island that was added later? It was a silly gaffe on our part that we felt compelled to fix as quickly as possible.

FIXED! Columns now watch your wall height. Ahhhh - that’s better.

Thoughts? As they seem to fix simsupply's issue very quickly but what about our bugs?

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Hmm..........................
    funny-gifs20.gif

• FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    If you think James was the only one complaining about the stupid island counters, you're mistaken.

There is more important bugs than counter miscolour.... unless colour is priority...
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I have to admit my first thought, 'well that's nice for the game changers but what about the actual gameplay stuff like pregnancies being ended by the emotional stability potion and potions having no price at all?' Everything needs fixing of course and thank goodness for the CAS fix. I hope it was simply a case of these were easiest to chase down rather than the priority.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    If you think James was the only one complaining about the stupid island counters, you're mistaken.

There is more important bugs than counter miscolour.... unless colour is priority...

The priority & reason for the emergency push would've been the other two things in the patch, one of which was literally game-crashing. I'm guessing that the islands recolor/redesign was added now because they had it done & decided to toss it in instead of holding off until the next regular patch.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Does it really matter who they listen to as long as things get fixed? Somebody should really make a video about the atrocious mistake of making random premades into spellcasters. I would like that fixing so I don't need a mod for it. :D
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Smart of them.

They know James and Kayla have large fanbases and many of these viewers will buy or not buy packs at the recommendation of these 2 people. It’s almost surreal how easily people are swayed.

But, as I said it’s smart of them to fix the issues these 2 people in particular complain about. If they’re not complaining, many of their viewers will think there are no problems and buy.
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    " that we felt compelled to fix as quickly as possible"
    I felt like this comment was a bit sarcastic in origin, a bit like "yes oh dear how terrible we did this, we must correct it immediately *insert eye roll here*"
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Cheekyimp wrote: »
    " that we felt compelled to fix as quickly as possible"
    I felt like this comment was a bit sarcastic in origin, a bit like "yes oh dear how terrible we did this, we must correct it immediately *insert eye roll here*"

I’m inclined to agree with you.

It’s like it was only fixed begrudgingly.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Short answer yes. Feels easier and cheaper for them to for some reason.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Did you know that one of the Island Living Counter swatches had an inconsistent color and texture compared to their Counter Island that was added later? It was a silly gaffe on our part that we felt compelled to fix as quickly as possible.

FIXED! Columns now watch your wall height. Ahhhh - that’s better.

Thoughts? As they seem to fix simsupply's issue very quickly but what about our bugs?

I think so cuz there are other objects in the game that don't match. Heck, they are other counters that don't match the cabinets but those are never fixed. Coincidence? I think not.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member

Colors is obviously not priority, we have weird textured skins for years now. But the counters problem is way easier tô fix than a major big.
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Smart of them.

They know James and Kayla have large fanbases and many of these viewers will buy or not buy packs at the recommendation of these 2 people. It’s almost surreal how easily people are swayed.

But, as I said it’s smart of them to fix the issues these 2 people in particular complain about. If they’re not complaining, many of their viewers will think there are no problems and buy.

Absolutely no problems in what you said. Preach, my man, preach.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    "whatever works" is my philosophy
    I see no reason to complain at an error being fixed no matter how it might've come about
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    None of these were priority items for me, but I thinks it's awesome that they listened and took action so quickly.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    A fix for counter swatches is undoubtedly much easier to do than a fix for gameplay bugs. It’s not a matter of prioritizing the counters, but fixing them right away because it can be done quickly.
  • psychoticapsychotica Posts: 215 Member
    It is much easier to fix a texture issue than to fix a code bug. Fixing that counter texture probably took them less than 5 minutes.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited September 2019
    psychotica wrote: »
    It is much easier to fix a texture issue than to fix a code bug. Fixing that counter texture probably took them less than 5 minutes.

Exactly what I was about to say. Bugs have to be replicated and even then they still can take a while to figure out.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited September 2019
    Lol, they know they only fixed that stuff because they were called out on it. They probably would have just left them as is if not for those videos. Still, it's ridiculous that it took them 3 months to add those counters in the first place, so I'm personally glad they were called out on it.

Oh, and to answer the question, yeah for the most part.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

Color's matching is a priority for me. I'm OCD, and in my case color's not matching triggers it a lot.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Bugs fixes are always appreciated no matter what prompted the teams to do it. But the three fixes released today weren't nearly enough to compel me to buy RoM. The island counters from Island Living were taken care of by a CC creator two days after IL was released nearly three months ago. There are several mods out there that also take care of the CAS bugs, and the problem with every townie/premade being turned into Spellcasters. And since I am reluctant to add more mods to my game because I have so many to fix issues from past packs, I am not going to buy a new pack filled with more bugs the teams might take months to address. I'm tired of looking for mods to fix bugs so I can safely add new content to the game. I'll continue to wait for more EA fixes before I buy RoM even though I was looking forward to having a new world and the B/B assets. How soon I will buy RoM depends entirely on how soon EA's teams tame the bugs. If the teams take a year to fix RoM, I won't buy it until that happens.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Do they only listen to Game Changers? the answer is obviously YES! which is why I wish the game changers would actually call them out on things like useless traits, bassinet babies and no cars.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    Toddlers havent been eating properly for 3 months. Starting to think its one of those bugs we’ll learn to get used to. Like the high chair or the school lunch bug. There are many massive bugs for all players & I think we can all agree that it’s frustrating when theyre not addressed
  • KALIAMMAKALIAMMA Posts: 25 Member
    the new gamepack has so many bugs but they only managed to fix the spellcaster animation bug in cas??
    oof!
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Still waiting for them to fix the bug for spellcaster eyes..