Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs - Are they affecting your gameplay?

Comments

• Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    There are bugs but doesn't affect my game-play
    I chose this option, although it isn't completely true. I do experience plenty of bugs, for the most part which don't effect my gameplay. But there are occasions in which they do, though my game has never become unplayable because of them.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    There are bugs that affect my game but they don't make my game unplayable.
    For example the bug that makes toddlers not eat full meals makes me not want to play my 100 baby challenge, but I can play my other saves.
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    For example the bug that makes toddlers not eat full meals makes me not want to play my 100 baby challenge, but I can play my other saves.

I was able to semi-fix that by disabling autonomy for my selected Sim.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »

I find the offering/asking food and food eating for toddlers incredibly annoying at times as i do when the parent picks up the toddler instead of doing what is being asked. it doesn't work the way you want and at times doesn't work at all, so you have ask again until the parent finally gives the toddler the food. same can be stated of a parent picking the toddler up while the toddler is still eating.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    The game isn’t “unplayable” but it absolutely affects my gameplay. Especially the simulation lag and miscellaneous broken features that crop up with each patch. I’m honestly a bit burned out dealing with it. I haven’t fired the game up in a couple months now.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Game Is Unplayable
    When mods are required to "fix" the bugs it makes me view the game as unplayable.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2019
    When mods are required to "fix" the bugs it makes me view the game as unplayable.

If we’re using your definition of “unplayable” (and it’s a perfectly reasonable one) I am inclined to agree. If I had to pick one of these choices that’s the one I’d go for.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I will add that I've added mods to fix ROM issues. I have added more mods to fix ROM bugs than all the mods I ever added before ROM.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    It depends on the bug. Mostly they haven't affected my gameplay but the food-stealing bug certainly did.

I'm unsure that this is a bug but I aged up two sims with all five positive traits from Parenthood. The glutton sim eats every portion of food regardless of his hunger need. And the good sim immediately makes repairs as soon as something breaks.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Game Is Unplayable
    So far bugs with the new pack are crashing the game completely, so yes it is effecting the gameplay and I am having to save often with it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    No crashes here, just a couple minor bugs. Not at all unplayable for me, bummer for those who may be having major issues. I’m good.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    The recent issue where Sims are constantly grabbing water almost made the game unplayable for me. It was super annoying. Thankfully I was able to mod my way out of it.

If we didn’t have mods, I’m sure a lot of people would’ve quit playing out of frustration by now.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited September 2019
    these poll options are pretty extreme lol

but yes, there are bugs affecting my gameplay. I've been waiting patiently for nearly two years to be able to play a sim with a dog in my favorite CL apartment, just as an example.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    edited September 2019
    Game Is Unplayable
    The bugs alone are a minor annoyance but the fact that something breaks every patch, pack, and update makes me feel like the game is unplayable. GTW careers are bugged, Dine Out and retail im general is bugged, toddlers are bugged and made worse when combined with cats and dogs. Sims aren't finishing meals anymore. Townie generation, situational outfits, and relationship culling has been bugged. None of these things hurt my experience on their own but this combined with the latest patch/pack/update bug makes the game that much harder to enjoy.
    Post edited by Bobisbae on
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    After the last two patches, the game is in an acceptable condition
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited September 2019
    Game Is Unplayable
    I would say saying the game is unplayable is a bit reaching, but some of the bugs are really annoying to the point that I have to use cheats to reset my sims or their pets. And that's not a good thing. 🤦‍♀️

But there have been times where I just get so frustrated that I just close the game.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Game Is Unplayable
    The setter upper of the thread neglected the 4th option along the lines of lots of bugs, frustrating, gameplay affected, but can still play. That's essentially where I'm at (depending on sim type being done), so unplayable is closer to my experience. And that's with the precaution of dis-connecting the game from the internet so I don't have mandatory updates I don't want.
  • Options
    pastelnarwhalpastelnarwhal Posts: 20 Member
    I was having this issue where one specific sim could not be controlled from another lot so their needs were horrible when I got back to them but I found a workaround so hopefully it works, I'm just about to try it
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I said it doesn't effect my gameplay since "unplayable" is too much of an option to pick--I wanted a more middle-ground since the ones that have workarounds make the game somewhat playable, but maybe I should have said it's unplayable for this disgusting mess of genetics they haven't fixed since like october 2015 that I'll probably keep screaming about in my grave right here:
    c0a9feeba96f0528c8192a4d1201d571.gif
    Alien genetics are COMPLETELY bonked if you decide on specific features, like smaller eyes, wider chins, etc
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I guess my play style makes me miss a lot of them.. also I adapt really easy to using a work around if I do run into one and they rarely upset me. Like the science garden not growing .. I just made my scientists have a garden at home. I noticed the fishing one where you wouldn't get the aspiration ding in Sulani.. it got fixed but I just went and fished somewhere else in the meantime. I've had some of the ones that were very quickly fixed too.. like the aging bug that happened around the GF release.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Cupid wrote: »

but yes, there are bugs affecting my gameplay. I've been waiting patiently for nearly two years to be able to play a sim with a dog in my favorite CL apartment, just as an example.

What's wrong with dogs and apartments? I had a dog in an apartment and thought it was fine. Or is it just a certain apartment?
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Something between game being "unplayable" and "bugs don't affect my gameplay" so none of those options.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I discovered a new good bug in my game today - unlimited mystery boxes in Brindleton Bay.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    There are more bugs than there were before but it doesn't affect my game play, it just getting really annoying.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    Cupid wrote: »

What's wrong with dogs and apartments? I had a dog in an apartment and thought it was fine. Or is it just a certain apartment?

They've got issues with the elevators in some apartments. I think it's only the ones in the financial district IIRC.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)