Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Skills Can Kids Get? What else can they do?

2...Next

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    This may not be 100% relevant to your purposes but I thought that this was cool so I had to share.

Kids can learn the vampire lore skill and it’s amazing for getting that A in school extra fast. You don’t even need to have completed any childhood aspirations in order to learn it.

For a start, it’s an eligible skill for getting an A at school for both children and teens. So if a child sim gets their vampire lore skill up to level 4 they will not only be eligible for an A at school as a child, but when they become a teen they will already have a skill high enough to get an A in high school. In contrast, because childhood skills don’t carry over to teenagehood, if you have a child get to level 4 of a childhood skill in order to get an A at school, once they become a teen they will have to level an adult skill to ever 3 before they can get an A.

Also, vampire lore skill levels up much more quickly than other skills (probably because 15 levels rather than 10), which makes getting to level 4 much quicker.

You can level up a child’s vampire lore skill even faster if one of their parents has high vampire lore skill. In that case, the parent can “share vampire lore” with the child only 3 times and BAM instant level 4 vampire lore and helloooo A at school.

So, if your only goal is to get an A at school ASAP, vampire lore is your friend. I’m utilising this in my 100 baby challenge.

You said your sim already has an A so these considerations probably don’t matter to you but still, vampire lore is skill that kids can learn and which you may therefore want to try with your future super sim.

ETA: Just saw you don’t have Vampires. My bad!

Interesting facts anyways, so thanks!!! But yeah, I don't have vampires and don't want them in my game so won't be getting that pack. And I finished my 100 baby challenge last week hahaha!!! But I still like learning fun facts about other packs.

I found school projects or mentoring teens in painting worked super good too. If you have a level 10 painter (which my 100baby matriarch was), your teens can get their lvl 3 skill in about 5-7 seconds haha. The bar pretty much fills up instantly to lvl 2 when they start to paint with a mentor and a few seconds later lvl 3.

Off topic but congrats! I’ve been buying the kids lots of extra school projects so that the school progress bar goes up faster (lucky kids). My ‘matriarch’ is Vlad :D and he is a level 10 painter so that’s great to know about the painting skill :)

Thanks! It took about 9 months to complete it for me lol 😂 haha well def have Vlad mentor them then :)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Okay Callie maxed all skills that kids can learn except the vampire pack ones. (So Motor, Creativity, Mental, Social, Fishing, Singing, Media Production, Violin, Piano, Logic, Charisma, Bowling, Photography, Mischief and Pet Training.) as well as completed all the childhood aspirations, and the scouting career and reached the max level children can reach in drama (teens can go further). She also completed the holiday cracker and voidcritter collections, and all of her character values are maxed out and in trait range and she has an A in school. She also has the happy toddler for maxing all tot skills before, and is a notable newcomer.

I'm aging her into a teen but if anyone is interested in her as a townie or whatever, I added her to the gallery child age (Same user ID as here)