Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old photography

SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
So lately I have been trying to get old style family portrait for my vampire family living in straud mansion

but I've hit problem because nothing looks "old enough" to be hang in straud mansion

first problem is backgrounds and second one is frames

I am lost with what to do because I really don't want to add cc in my game either

does anyone have any tips and tricks?

(also to be noted I only have GTW photography no moschino)
⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Use filters on your pictures. I'm not in game but I know they have lots of possibilities black and white, sepia, vignette ect.. If you have them in the setting already (their home or an old looking build) and in the right costumes the pictures can look old. Unfortunately I don't know of any way without the use off cc to give more antique looking frames. I would just stick with the wood tones personally.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    edited August 2019
    I have been photographing my decades challenge family in their period appropriate clothing in front of their fireplace or outside in from of their home. It makes for a more realistic background for a vintage photo.

Edit: sorry, must have missed your last line about Moschino. I'm not much help then, I could never get a decent photo out of the old booth. Sorry to mess up your thread.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited August 2019
    I have been photographing my decades challenge family in their period appropriate clothing in front of their fireplace or outside in from of their home. It makes for a more realistic background for a vintage photo.

Edit: sorry, must have missed your last line about Moschino. I'm not much help then, I could never get a decent photo out of the old booth. Sorry to mess up your thread.

oh i do still have the normal camera though since its base game and i can stage sims doing something like i been up to now

but true photobooth is not very helpful so I need to stage it somehow going outside or making some room indoors but I'm just short of ideas for old looking backgrounds
    oh!

for anyone stumbling across this
    its possible to fake old frames for large paintings"saxophone in silhouette" frame is perfect size (still does not help with photos though :bawling: that grainy texture )
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited August 2019
    Simmingal wrote: »

oh i do still have the normal camera though since its base game and i can stage sims doing something like i been up to now

but true photobooth is not very helpful so I need to stage it somehow going outside or making some room indoors but I'm just short of ideas for old looking backgrounds

Try googling Victorian & Edwardian family & wedding portraits. Since portraiture was really expensive back then they were mostly only taken during major occasions, you can likely find some inspiration for setting up backdrops using in game furniture and items, and turning free will off during your photo session will help you position your sims, especially if you don't have the Moschino pack with the floor markers.

Then using the sepia and black and white filters as previously suggested will help add an antique touch.
    edited August 2019
    tried making it seem like they got paintings made (rich sims be rich) but sims get so blurred out

FrqryFF.png
    0XHy3CV.png
    MLkYyFn.png
    ah why must paintings have that weird texture :( and why must photos not align with any of the frames *sighs*
    it just looks like graphics not working
    edited August 2019
    biggest problem really is because they are vampires I can't take them outdoors for photos they'd burn x_x
    and night time it is not bright enough
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Like others have said, use the filters. In my opinion the sepia ones are more antique looking. As for clothing if you have Get Together and Vampires, there are a few older looking pieces. For setting, maybe try, outside at night but use floor lamps for lighting? Or try using the saucer ceiling light and shrink it down. Put it just off camera. You can place it outside with move objects on.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Can you put up a lot of bright lights on the ceiling before taking shots? I love that saucer light ... it gives good light.
    egTcBMc.png