March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Taoron's Build Showcase

Comments

• TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Thank you @rosemow I used to enjoy playuing those Sims and playi8ng in that home. I'm glad I finally refurbished it.
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @Taoron I just came to see your Xmas Park pictures <3 I like it at the gallery but it is hard to see all the stuff there. It is so lovely! I love the train! Now I realized that "Trains" have never been a feature in Sims games :o Well there was a miniature train table at sims 2 but not a train for sims to travel or just to have fun :| Congratz for that park o:)
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Uf I forgot to tell you: upload your park also at Day Time, they are so many pretty details... some players love more day looks ;)

And I also loved your 'Mountain Retreat', beautiful terrain work! I wish I can travel there in RL <3
    Thanks @emere. I'm glad you like it (them). I had considered posting it in full light, but it lost some of the lighting aesthetics. It doesn't appear to be hurting it though, as it is the second most downloaded lot I have built, in under a week. I just posted, in the comments, my Gallery link to the build, as I have day and night pics in there. I need to keep remembering to do that.

'Writer's Block'

I built this little home during my Tudor/Medieval Save days and when I built it, I was also a CC addict. It was built for a Writer, to get out of the Apartment Building I had him living in, as he had sold a lot of books, was making a good income and needed to get away from the bustle of the Apartment building and just write, with no interruptions.

I went through this evening and repaired it, to have no CC and updated the decor. It is still designed around a Writer's lifestyle and decor.

This is a 1 Bedroom/1.5 Bath Tudor Style Home.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/74E4BF211B2C11EA8EDE342C8609C7AD

e7QhHi8.png
    w6bxykR.png
    rsUhglW.png
    HEic9ZB.png
    VqCClpB.png
    M6SDNPp.png
    t0zdKYo.png
    zXd11Hj.png
    qWia1Hx.png
    CCyWKOY.png
    I7ONJzf.png
    jQzSHFP.png
    hxgzJwq.png
    vuHQnh8.png
    SRKuNSy.png
    aSyKmMk.png
    CdrC4eG.png
    CXTVqLK.png
    7IblgIG.png
    eKm9Ew3.png
    RgF8UNA.png
    AIPEU5m.png
    zGztyHo.png
    prSELOj.png
    93465XA.png
    CMmEEJy.png

CMmEEJy.png
    TnOcOcW.png
    ZJ360fo.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Writer’s Block is a lovely Tudor style cottage for a writer! :) Very nice exterior design, and the patterned exterior and interior walls are very nice. Very nice roof covered front porch, where Sims can enjoy sitting resting on the seats. Very nice warm and homely furnishing of the interior ! The colour scheme and layout is very nice! Very nice kitchen and dining room! Nice island workbench and stools counter to prepare and eat meals, and the fruit bowl,wall plates, dish rack, hanging herbs, wall knives, mugs rack and hanging pans are nice homely touches. Very nice bedroom!Very lovely study desk nook for the writer to enjoy doing their book writing on the computer with sunshine coming in through the windows. The bookcases are great placed either sides of the desk. The books look great on top of the luggage case and the chest is a nice touch at the foot of bed. Very nice windows armchairs sitting and reading area in the living room.
    It is a very nice cottage! :)
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @Taoron I went looking for some of your art in the gallery and found your Christmas village......gorgeous!! I left a message there but had to come tell you how much I adore it. That train track is genius, must have taken forever but so worth it <3<3
    Will have a better look at the rest of your latest builds now while I'm here :)
    Thank you @rosemow He found it a fun, yet functional house and wrote many an epic tale and terrible poetry. He kept using the word 'Azure', so everyone could tell he was really, really bad.

@AliSim19 Thank you, so very much. I had a lot of fun with that build and then watching people play there, when I was testing and taking photos. It was nice to see Sims of all ages finding something fun to do. It took some time. My hands can only take so much in one sitting recently, so I have to do like 30 minutes at a time and then rest.

edited December 2019
    'Santa's Workshop'

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3CD666381C0511EA8299F028EED69856

a59k8cu.png
    vS5c7E0.png
    rUOmwXy.png
    uWOsKk6.png
    4JnAbUH.png
    vHs8Ruo.png
    8Z1HEOm.png
    4KSXoV3.png
    eBFk8QE.png
    tgR1N78.png
    928nqad.png
    bi9S4EA.png
    B4tM4hB.png
    TF8gGZC.png
    ch1n0Ix.png
    1pqiRbQ.png
    p73Tkbx.png
    CXqbSIt.png
    QrS45r3.png
    M8OYctQ.png
    swTeLhb.png
    8Dt2niq.png
    0xqr1YJ.png

qPQa8nn.png
    BkfUO9g.png
    cifuVRF.png
    vSaeRyk.png
    btr7nP1.png

Main Room/Workshop
    DtCcTpc.png
    ZFTGSxe.png
    3fJMDOY.png
    d9G1WGQ.png
    s2rwBh9.png
    TSyIG4Y.png
    pueNzSY.png
    HME9hty.png
    3dc8Fwt.png
    6Y7ETS4.png
    hGEScsq.png
    ixJWKOV.png
    Nm6NPYI.png
    xtE4hjH.png
    mUtQvw6.png
    9mqCzKQ.png
    VnuD6uU.png
    d2CkRHx.png
    mCJenUo.png
    cq93z8r.png
    AMJxf8W.png
    gFDoPBX.png
    uxta3Xo.png
    9onC07h.png
    yK94ZK0.png
    DtCcTpc.png

Santa's Office
    hGTHZfc.png
    5j4tx2T.png
    DKXNGBN.png
    cPDdSAB.png
    Mg7mCaB.png

Mail Room/Storage
    54bfQ1C.png
    xn8UGGb.png
    hEvbUqt.png

Kitchen
    vo7m1EW.png
    RbwuntW.png
    BxvKTZN.png
    lvjaugc.png

Dining
    3bnJTHX.png
    IHcKPNZ.png
    LrfVe3o.png

Elves Bunkroom
    xCzfgjN.png
    kr2ByXM.png
    sgDJ2R5.png

Elves Bathroom
    Wh3tcV2.png

Santa's Bedroom
    fi4Tjvp.png
    oc9lZdi.png

Santa's Bathroom
    8tw1j8v.png
    YqBzGN1.png

Post edited by Taoron on
    Santa’s Workshop is such a very creatively designed build! :) There are so many very special feature areas! Very lovely exterior design of the home, towers and great roofing and the festive decorations look very nice on the walls! The nutcracker is great! The pergola with food/water bowls for the reindeers is very great! Very pretty and tall Christmas trees amidst the other large trees. It is nice there is a sleigh and reindeer ready to deliver the presents! Very creative furnishing of the interior! The workshop room is very lovely! It is so very detailed! The tables where the elves are making the toys look very great! The pretty Christmas tree is very nice in the nook U area. The mannequin elves are a very nice touch. The lots and lots of toys look great! There are lots of mail letters on the tables in Santa’s office and the mail room! It looks great! Very nice kitchen design! It is great that there are double stoves. Very beautiful and warm dining room! The long tables with many chairs either sides for the elves to enjoy dining there are great! Very cute and sweet elves bedroom!
    Thanks very much for using my art :)
    Thank you @rosemow I'm so glad this is finally done! LOL So....many...toys.... Thank you for supplying some wonderful art!
    @Taoron this is fantastic, just magical! Made me smile the whole way through the pics <3:)<3
    I've never done a nomination before but this is definitely getting one!!

I downloaded without MOO on though,and your front door disappears (not sure if anything else does) so Maxis won't add to curated......From what I discovered at weekend when I was playing about, if you turn moveobjects off before saving to library/gallery everything seems to stay in place once it's downloaded without it on (if that makes sense? All mine did anyway!).

Just tried it as a test and your front door archway stayed put at least. Thought you might like to know in case yo want to change before your build gets too many downloads on it! I'll nominate this evening anyway :):)
    @AliSim19 It disappears???? That's odd. I wonder why that happens. I'll go check it out. Thanks for the heads up
    edited December 2019
    wow....yeah. That's just stupid. So does the side door. The doors disappear but the airplaines flying around the tree stay. Makes perfect sense. LOL

The problem has been fixed. I just woke up, but I did an eyes half open run through and didn't see anything else. Again, thank you! @AliSim19

I play test everything. Looks like I'll have to start bulldozing and replacing, befoire uploading. Good to know.

Update: Nope...the tree disppareas in the workshop, as well. WTH? I can't move the tree decor presents that I didn't use MOO on, to be able to place the tree and can't delete them. Now I'm frustrated. GRRRR

Post edited by Taoron on
    Hey @Taoron thought I’d check this before I did my nomination....glad I did!

So what I found (in my 4 hour play distraction at weekend!) is that rather then trying to fix the disappearing items, you keep it all as is but just turn moveobjects off before saving then everything seems to remain in place when downloaded again with MO off - not sure I’ll get chance to get on the PC to test for you tonight but you might want to try?
    @AliSim19 , sadly, I remoived my upload and then resaved it after the door issue and the tree is gone. I'll have to do some redecorating and try that and then reupload it. I'll let you know.
    @AliSim19 Okay. I think I fixed it. The Garland on the fron tdoor was causing issues, no matter what I did and then when that happened, it kept undressing some of the elves and removing the tree. I took the door garland down, replaced the arch, fixed some small errors and uploaded again. When I placed it with MOO off, everything seems to be there.

I'm going to take a lot more time playtesting henceforth. I never knew these things could happen. #noobproblems They should just keep MOO permanently on. Who wants to ecorate a home or structure with every decor item 1 space away from anything else?
    @taoron Excellent news 😊

Mad isn’t it? I’ve always playtested but occurred to me to turn off MOO. I only found it by accident after computer crashed and I reloaded from my gallery (saving there all time after my semi drunken disaster a couple of weeks ago!) #noobproblems indeed 🤣Have never read anything about it anywhere, and couldn’t find anything useful when I searched so it’s all trial and error. When I moved build from Oasis Springs back to Strangerville the terrain paint shifted about a quarter of a block, gave up trying to work that one after about an hour! Stops us getting bored I guess! 😂
    @AliSim19 Indeed.

I'm torn between going back over every single buiuld and checking this out of fear of being shot down for a Maxis fav over it, and just moving on and knowing what's up, from this point on. Not that I feel I have much worthy of a Fav but it's going to still be there, in the back of my mind, and drive me nuts.
    Winter Ice Park is a lovely park for Sims to enjoy ice skating! :) The sunken rink is great! Very nice dining area beside the rink for Sims to buy food and drinks from the food stand and have them at the tables. The Christmas tree is pretty! Sims will enjoy being on the swings and playimg chess. The flag poles are a nice touch along the side of the rink.
    Thank you @rosemow
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Lovely skating park @Taoron. All your winter/Christmas themed builds are wonderful <3<3<3
  • DuncanJK3DuncanJK3 Posts: 4 New Member
    Wow, great job on Santa's Workshop. That's a lot of work!! Love the elves. :)
    Thank you @Gwiniel & @DuncanJK3 (Love your name, btw. I always said, since I was a young man, that if I ever had a son, I would name him Duncan. =) )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top